Become a Patron!

SS316L twisted wire and build

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
twisted up some 26ga ss316l to make a dual twisted wire

....and then twisted it again. To make a quad core wire. Building. Now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Getting nice thick clouds. Flavour is outfuckingrageous.

lol i guess i shouldnt say ive owned an rda for 3 days and this is my 5th build ever. Seems like there isnt enough ss316l builds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 28

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you get to a stapled clapton using SS wire, you will have realized vaping Nirvana with weather system clouds.

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol i honestly am satisfied with my quick cheap easy quality wire. Such great massive coil with basically 2/3 of a whole cotton pad shoved in there

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never quad twisted them, only dual. Worked pretty well, I got spitback every so often. Seems it doesn't spit as much now running fused claptons. SS316L is pretty much all I've used, though the fused claptons are 3x28ga ss316 wrapped with 38ga ni80 at 3.5 or 4mm id (don't remember which). It tastes clean to me, I like that it's versatile for tc or power and not stuck using just one or the other due to wire type.

Flavor on twisted was definitely better than single wire wraps.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The different wire builds definitely make a difference. I've been trying to be really subjective about things because I don't want to fool myself into thinking my latest (whatever wire) is better than the last. I found twisted to be too poppy, but that could have been a number of things. I've noticed that with the Kylin and twisted ss the popping goes away at lower wattage (duh) and at high wattage too. Seems to go from zero to a violent boil/sizzle that skips wherever it is in the temp range that popping occurs, but then it could be any number of things I guess.

In terms of a consistently awesome vape my favorite so far is 4x24g cores (side by side) with a 36g SS or nichrome 80 wrap. Difficult to keep the cores from caving in on themselves, but the vapor is always excellent. So far I like it better than my 3 core aliens.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The different wire builds definitely make a difference. I've been trying to be really subjective about things because I don't want to fool myself into thinking my latest (whatever wire) is better than the last. I found twisted to be too poppy, but that could have been a number of things. I've noticed that with the Kylin and twisted ss the popping goes away at lower wattage (duh) and at high wattage too. Seems to go from zero to a violent boil/sizzle that skips wherever it is in the temp range that popping occurs, but then it could be any number of things I guess.

In terms of a consistently awesome vape my favorite so far is 4x24g cores (side by side) with a 36g SS or nichrome 80 wrap. Difficult to keep the cores from caving in on themselves, but the vapor is always excellent. So far I like it better than my 3 core aliens.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Weird, i dont get any popping, may i ask what deck your using?

I have run dual/quad/parallel/twisted/24ga/26ga

Pretty much every possible combination of those with ss316l and have had good results. My only con is that if the legs are a little long, they cut the cotton by burning it apart. But the cotton doesnt taste burnt. Just falls apart after a days use.

strange that you get popping, im not a master by any means but the only thing i could think of is over-dripping juice onto the coils?

VU Sponsors