Become a Patron!

ss316 build help

Rincones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm wanting on some 24g ss wire wondering what are good builds that are worth doin thanks

Rincones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have a laisimo 200w and just lookin for some good flav and cloud production not to much mellow builds

BlowinSmoke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A 8 wrap dual coil around a 3mm bit will give u around 0.2ohms, even on my mech it produces big clouds and nice flavour.

Ive made some clapton, currently using a single 24g/28g ss 316l 5 wrap fused clapton guess it was on a 2.4mm comes out to 0.16 ohms. the flavour is amazing and those clouds ohhh

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For a simple build just twist it up (look up twisted builds) and wrap up a coil. If you're up to it and have the wire I really enjoyed the 24g fused clapton I made the other day.

IMO I'd at least twist it up, it's easy enough and just takes a few minutes. I find it better all around compared to just a strait wire build.

Kormiro

Member For 4 Years
Maybe try something like this...
f4b55307eec58a1a655e156a068daa3c.jpg

or like this...
cecb84f04030e8745dc24aa1012f1982.jpg

;)

Rincones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What temp and watts do u vape at? And nice builds I'm not new to builds like thoses but just never messed with ss well I just got it today so hopefully comes out good

Kormiro

Member For 4 Years
What temp and watts do u vape at? And nice builds I'm not new to builds like thoses but just never messed with ss well I just got it today so hopefully comes out good
In power mode usually 19W. In TC mode 250°C (480°F), 20W, TCR 92 (VTC mini).
She needs more work in removing the hot spots, compared with Kanthal. ;)

Rincones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks kormiro that's was helpfull... I'm on a 24g 10 wrap 3mm at .34 at 40 watt and 285 good smooth vape cloud and flavor. Hey on a another note are ss coils supposed to look like Copper?

Rincones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so since I dry fired them to get even that's why it's has the appearance as if I vape at 400 I get it now .... Not the best pic lol IMAG0092_1.jpg

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks kormiro that's was helpfull... I'm on a 24g 10 wrap 3mm at .34 at 40 watt and 285 good smooth vape cloud and flavor. Hey on a another note are ss coils supposed to look like Copper?
Just got me some 24 and 26 ss steel too. Does it wick ok with 10 wraps? Is it spaced?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just keep in mind that ss316L doesn't have the same resistance as say kanthal. Going more complex with multiple strands of 24g is going to drop your resistance pretty quick, typically ss complex builds use slightly smaller gauge wire to avoid dropping resistance down super low.

Something like a twisted 24g ss316L with 2 strands (simple twisted), 5 wraps with a 3mm diameter coil is going to drop you down to around .2 ohms. A 3 wire twisted 24g will take you down to around .12 or .13 ohms with 5 wraps.

Not sure what resistance you're figuring on but something to consider. Due to the fairly low resistance of ss you may have to go a couple more wraps than you're used to. 24g ss316L acts more like 20g kanthal A1.

VU Sponsors