Become a Patron!

SS316 – what does it taste like?

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just curious, have you noticed any difference in the taste of your vape when using different brands of SS316? I mean L versus non-L, Sandvik vs noname, Kidney Puncher vs store brand etc.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your ejuice if you do it right...... I doubt anybody could identify metal composition based on flavor...... That said most will claim one taste better than another.... I've only used 317l and 316l other than ohm rate I cant tell any diifference between them. Me I think Nichrome gives the best flavor...... Could be I just have a feel for building in ohm and power range best suited to Nichrome builds.... Could be its a superior metal... Some say stainless gives a crisper flavor. IDK any more Material has more to do with which mod or atty and at which OHM and wattage. I'm Building. Lately thats been build for TC...... So I'm trying Stainless... Right now....

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do notice the difference between different vendors, although not in a taste per se, but in a feeling on the back of my throat. Very similar to picking up trace amounts of machine oil from the brand new atty (sometimes they manage to survive even an ultrasonic cleaner). So far the worst was a noname SS316 from Gearbest, and the best (as in, no extra sensations at all) was a Kidney Puncher (what a weird brand name!).

I'm running SS316L with the rayon wick, by the way (Graham CelluCotton).

TheSneakerWhore

Member For 4 Years
I use 316l from master of clouds. Way better taste and break in than NiC or kanthal.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious, have you noticed any difference in the taste of your vape when using different brands of SS316? I mean L versus non-L, Sandvik vs noname, Kidney Puncher vs store brand etc.

I've used two different SS 316's, titanium, nickel and a couple of different Kanthals. They all taste the same to me if I compare the same gauge wire in the same builds using the same wicking in the same atties. Then again I smoked for 37 years so my sniffer might not be quite as good as some :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have only vaped with Kanthal and SS316L. Kanthal I can taste a bit, SS has no taste to me.
At least not enough to taste with unflavored vapes like I can kanthal.
Of course even unflavored PG/Vg has some flavor...

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why I asked is because i bought CAP blueberry jam flavor and hated it.

Blueberry is very hit or miss for me. This one has a very authentic butter and toast flavor to it that makes it a good vape. I still can't vape longer than a day or two before having to put it down. The strawberry flavor is much better.

VU Sponsors