Become a Patron!

SS Mesh as wick

Wasim

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi dear all vapors,

My first ever ss mesh wick. Not the best at all but its surprisingly good both in terms of flavor and vapor.
Check it out.
Please comment to enrich both me and others.

Thanks and vape on

Attachments

• 20170725_190431.jpg
    20170725_190431.jpg
    757.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20170725_190519.jpg
    20170725_190519.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 42

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SS does give best flavor IMO.... but they do run hot and can be prone to shorting.....

Not a fan of ss in my drippers but i still use it in my Geni tanks and Sometimes RDTA.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
SS does give best flavor IMO.... but they do run hot and can be prone to shorting.....

Not a fan of ss in my drippers but i still use it in my Geni tanks and Sometimes RDTA.

As a wick though?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a wick though?

Yes as a wick.... there's a 350 mesh U-wick in my Avocado now. A 400 mesh in my
SAT22 and 2 in My SteamTurbine.... I think i have a dripper with SS...

SS AND Silica wicks are great for taste testing. As if you want....you can dry burn the wick clean after every hit of the vape.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yes as a wick.... there's a 350 mesh U-wick in my Avocado now. A 400 mesh in my
SAT22 and 2 in My SteamTurbine.... I think i have a dripper with SS...

SS AND Silica wicks are great for taste testing. As if you want....you can dry burn the wick clean after every hit of the vape.

Wow that's cool, learn something new everyday. Still leaves me with questions though like why use a coil and mesh when you could just connect the mesh to the + and - ?
I'm just curious is all, not trying to be that guy! Lol

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that's cool, learn something new everyday. Still leaves me with questions though like why use a coil and mesh when you could just connect the mesh to the + and - ?

Youtube it.... some people do and have done that.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

it's easier and you have more flexibily to control the resistance of your vape by manipulating the size of your wire and the number of your wraps, than it is by trying to use the amount of mesh to determine your resistance...the aim of a wick is to wick and hold juice..once you get juice to the coil...you can determine with your wire what you want to do with that juice...also our atomizers are all designed around using reistance wire ....I'm sure if we created atties like the CETO that used mesh to create resistance or heat...we would come up with new builds that opened up more possibilities. especially with all the regulated devices we have now..it's just our posts systems all revolve around wire...I'm sure with the clamp like posts systems you could play around with the idea...

Last edited:

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice to see people still experiment with SS mesh. Personally, its the only way to go for me now, no way I could go back to using cotton.

GrowthCurve

Member For 4 Years
Curious about that Ceto....how does the mesh NOT oxidize after a few vapes? Maybe because it works with lower setting on a temp control? or is kept cool by eliquid? Otherwise it looks like a really neat concept

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curious about that Ceto....how does the mesh NOT oxidize after a few vapes? Maybe because it works with lower setting on a temp control? or is kept cool by eliquid? Otherwise it looks like a really neat concept
I think the ceto is gimmicky, I could be wrong, but I don't think it will be around long. ...the way I would build it is like a nextgen...I'd put in that tall squonk pin and wrap mesh around it like the nextgen or the IN'AX. then just wrap a coil around it....I'd try it but the thing is 24 mm and the chamber is as big as a bucket...not sure it would be so great a flavor atty....I think the clamped part of the mesh wouldn't oxidize..if the middle oxidizes so what...the mesh will still get hot.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice to see people still experiment with SS mesh. Personally, its the only way to go for me now, no way I could go back to using cotton.
I've been searching the forums for a no tank from noname....I know it's a long shot but?

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im out of the squonking game myself, never tried the no tank, probably the closest thing I had is the no fear which was an excellent atty. did you try posting on HEM?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well mainly if you don't vape it dry.....
And the wicks and coils are Cooled by the juice and airflow in all atties.

VU Sponsors