Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks - that helps. For <$3 and free shipping, I'll probably grab whatever looks like higher ohm mesh and give it a shot - in another month or two when I get another fasttech order....

@Train Although I don't share your fondness for the Profile - the novelty wore off after a week - Vandy Vape has mesh spools in different gauge ss316 and also a kanthal version.

https://m.fasttech.com/products/3033/10040239/8785105-authentic-vandy-vape-kanthal-a1-mesh-wire

It wider so you have to notch the corners to fit in the profile clamps. I only know cutting the stock coils narrower will raise the resistance a bit but not sure if it would get you as high ohm as what you're after.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If any of you guys and gals tried the Etna rda, is it a buy or a pass? It's got to have a super tight draw.....

Not tight enough to be called super tight, o-rings shredded, and I saw this yesterday -

IMG_20181221_095518.jpg

This is daily use for 2 months, I still do like it but prefer Speed Revolution Mini for tight draw

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If any of you guys and gals tried the Etna rda, is it a buy or a pass? It's got to have a super tight draw.....

Sorry Bear, mine vanished. Now I'll admit perhaps the vape gear I had on the table was multiplying. Since my daughter is coming in from college for Christmas, the wife decides to throw all my gear in a box and ziplocks to make things pretty. I've looked all over the place... boxes, bags and cabinets but it appears my gunmetal Etna has teleported. I guess it'll turn up eventually.
Or not.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry Bear, mine vanished. Now I'll admit perhaps the vape gear I had on the table was multiplying. Since my daughter is coming in from college for Christmas, the wife decides to throw all my gear in a box and ziplocks to make things pretty. I've looked all over the place... boxes, bags and cabinets but it appears my gunmetal Etna has teleported. I guess it'll turn up eventually.
Or not.
I know that feeling only too well. It will most likely show up while you're looking for something else.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I got my Profile. Actually, my first, as I ordered a second one before I had the first.
That was probably a mistake - as I have determined quite quickly that it's not gonna work for me on my mech squonkers.
I got it to use the mesh coils, and they're 0.18 ohms. If anyone knows of any mesh I could (fairly easily) throw in a Profile that runs more like 0.3 and up, please let me know. Because as I've found before - I can't vape below about 0.3. It's just too "hot" for a mech and the way I draw.
I have now experienced a hint of a mesh dry hit, and that's no good at all.
So I moved the Profile to my solitary regulated device - and it's vaping quite nicely there!
But I won't need the blue one that's en route. :-(

Also, that required some real topper swapping. I've not got a (also quite nice) QP Kali on my OG mech Pulse...which is weird. SEEMS like a mismatch, but...well...they're both really BIG, and again - it's vaping quite nicely.

These are now sort of my cloud-chucker setups.

The Profile does have plenty of air - which I was concerned about having seen the little hole pattern, reminding me of the Recurve, on which I don't like how restricted the intake is. Profile is somehow FAR more air - probably because INSIDE those holes, there's no restriction at all.

So - the Profile has a lot going for it:
  • Easy to mount those precut mesh coils.
  • You CAN see the squonk, seeping through to the coil, despite being wicked with literally 5 times the cotton I'd use in anything else.
  • It's so far, surprisingly good flavor, nice dense vapor...
  • Plenty of air for me (running it wide open), and easy to adjust down.
Only downside: you just can't hit it with 4 volts.

Pico for sizing... :)
View attachment 127089
The Pico/Nuppin combo is the best IMHO.:vino:

Last edited:

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No MCM SSSP for me this Christmas. Received a very well used one. At least I was sent a new bottle for it... Going back!

Edit: What do you think? I was told it's new.

View attachment 127069

I see it's normal after talking with customer service, and they even offered me to keep the ulton one, instead of the black I ordered, even though it costs more. :)

I'd disassemble it and clean up those metal parts. What's up with that? Moisture during storage and shipping?
Then reassemble and see how it hits, check Vdrop. That a mosfet or mech?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ennequattro getting in on 18350

d9a0e81510423aa426ecee5e51aa0a01.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any of you looking at the Recurve Squonker? Won't cost you a cent ( or at least I don't think it will )

I won a couple prizes from the Wotsit challenge, was really it in for the shits and giggles.

EDIT: its found a home

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
little of this and that for a "classic style" squonk...
withnarda-1A.jpg

What I mean is I assembled disparate parts:
Woodvil, but with a super-squishy bottle in it.
Narda with an Odis cap.
Entheon ring.
Fastech driptip that's 510 on the bottom, but 810 on top.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Although I can get the humor of that, I hate drunk drivers; there is a special place in hell for those people.

And I must say this is not a stab at you in anyway, as I mentioned I can get the humor of it, truly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Going to need a squonker for this little fella as it's an awesome RDTA. The Squeeze 2 maybe?
Pindad.jpg

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL, my 80 yearl old m-in-law was jonesing, so I went digging through some boxes. Just set her up with a Spinner and an Evod...even found some 18 mg liquid. :D She seems to like it (she said she's used Juul, but still smokes).

She's here all week...I figure maybe Wednesday we go Provari with a Protank, and then by next weekend, send her home with a Pico Squeeze?
:idea:
spinnerevod.jpg
(not a squonker, lol)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
LOL, my 80 yearl old m-in-law was jonesing, so I went digging through some boxes. Just set her up with a Spinner and an Evod...even found some 18 mg liquid. :D She seems to like it (she said she's used Juul, but still smokes).

She's here all week...I figure maybe Wednesday we go Provari with a Protank, and then by next weekend, send her home with a Pico Squeeze?
:idea:
View attachment 127463
(not a squonker, lol)

:santabanana::santabanana::santabanana::santabanana::santabanana:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ok maybe this will break JLs non spending on Vape gear

Odis has a 55% off sale using code Boxing55

Odis 16 $54 shipped regularly $114

That is a deal - hmm. Already have three of those though, that is a deal, but already have 3, hmmm :huh:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok maybe this will break JLs non spending on Vape gear

Odis has a 55% off sale using code Boxing55

Odis 16 $54 shipped regularly $114

Where are they based? Boxing Day is a UK and Australia holiday. No one knows why it is a holiday. Some think it was regifting xmas gifts, others think it was a day that usually had a big fight on

VU Sponsors