Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
chalice retro, on sale now

44386680_1635925336511306_4335498756343463936_n.jpg

(not on sale as in discount, on sale as in available on website)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
chalice retro, on sale now

44386680_1635925336511306_4335498756343463936_n.jpg

(not on sale as in discount, on sale as in available on website)

You think Mark Bugs would at least have made it TI

Bet that booger gets hotter than hades...

"Chalice is the first repairable bottom feeder atomizer in the world. It is the perfect tool to transform simple liquid into a unique, magical-like vaping experience. There were several version of it, now we took all the best features and combined them ... thats how the new Chalice Retro was born.

Made out of stainless steel, all its parts are 100% designed and produced in-house.

Chalice Retro uses a 510 thread, and will thus fit almost all bottom feeder mods that use a similar 510 thread and it is a MTL atomiser."

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You think Mark Bugs would at least have made it TI

Bet that booger gets hotter than hades...

"Chalice is the first repairable bottom feeder atomizer in the world. It is the perfect tool to transform simple liquid into a unique, magical-like vaping experience. There were several version of it, now we took all the best features and combined them ... thats how the new Chalice Retro was born.

Made out of stainless steel, all its parts are 100% designed and produced in-house.

Chalice Retro uses a 510 thread, and will thus fit almost all bottom feeder mods that use a similar 510 thread and it is a MTL atomiser."
Well, he is using a delrin drip tip this time around. For 100 euros (with shipping), I'll wait for reviews from the shed and from folks here before I buy.

nathanstokes

Member For 4 Years
Hi guys. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a second hand Defiant Designs DS, until this week (don't know how I missed it) I found out that you can get the Furyan in black and stainless steel (not keen on the other finishes). I love the performance of my Vindicator 21700 with 30Ts, and the Furyan seems very much loved on this forum and others (although some have had button issues), but I am very keen on the DS. I don't have any experience with dual parallel 18650s, so was wondering if you guys had thoughts on the performance of the two compared. I'll usually be vaping around 0.18-0.23 Ω usually, so either way I'll be well within amperage limits, and I'm always happy to carry extra batteries in my bag, so it really comes down to comparing the performance of the two. Does anyone have experience of both who could chime in?

@Wtmke1 - was specifically thinking of you, actually, as someone who may have tried both.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a second hand Defiant Designs DS, until this week (don't know how I missed it) I found out that you can get the Furyan in black and stainless steel (not keen on the other finishes). I love the performance of my Vindicator 21700 with 30Ts, and the Furyan seems very much loved on this forum and others (although some have had button issues), but I am very keen on the DS. I don't have any experience with dual parallel 18650s, so was wondering if you guys had thoughts on the performance of the two compared. I'll usually be vaping around 0.18-0.23 Ω usually, so either way I'll be well within amperage limits, and I'm always happy to carry extra batteries in my bag, so it really comes down to comparing the performance of the two. Does anyone have experience of both who could chime in?

@Wtmke1 - was specifically thinking of you, actually, as someone who may have tried both.
Dual 18650 are really good. But bare in mind that you will need to be extra anal about maintenance. The two contact points tend to tarnish uneven and it becomes easy to over discharge one cell

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I actually haven't used any 21700 batteries. Use the 20s though. Have a clone DS so I know the button has issues. Someone else with an authentic may be able to answer better on that one. But yes I do and have used both mods. I like the feel of the DS but better options with the Furyan

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

nathanstokes

Member For 4 Years
Dual 18650 are really good. But bare in mind that you will need to be extra anal about maintenance. The two contact points tend to tarnish uneven and it becomes easy to over discharge one cell

Hadn't thought of that. How anal are we talking, because I am about cleaning things as it happens? Do you find that quick clean with a rubber once a day and a proper clean taking the top section apart once a week sufficient?

nathanstokes

Member For 4 Years
I actually haven't used any 21700 batteries. Use the 20s though. Have a clone DS so I know the button has issues. Someone else with an authentic may be able to answer better on that one. But yes I do and have used both mods. I like the feel of the DS but better options with the Furyan

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

As long as performance doesn't suffer, my gut says go for the DS (I've stumbled across one in good shape) as they seem so sturdy, and thus perfect for a daily carry around. Thanks for your response.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hadn't thought of that. How anal are we talking, because I am about cleaning things as it happens? Do you find that quick clean with a rubber once a day and a proper clean taking the top section apart once a week sufficient?
Yeah, should be fine. I think the ds contact are at least plated with gold? So that sounds sufficient

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I'm seriously considering getting a Dovpo Topside.Anybody own 1 already?
Yup. I love it! What I really love is the top filling thing......so, so, so easy. Well built, heavy but not too heavy, nice responsive firing button, relatively good battery life, relatively quick port recharge time(I checked.....I usually don’t do the port, but I wanted to see how fast it was). Feels good in my normal sized girl hands.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup. I love it! What I really love is the top filling thing......so, so, so easy. Well built, heavy but not too heavy, nice responsive firing button, relatively good battery life, relatively quick port recharge time(I checked.....I usually don’t do the port, but I wanted to see how fast it was). Feels good in my normal sized girl hands.
It just went to the top of my (GET IT NOW) list!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hate to have to ask but WTF is crack pie?
Is that like (Tide Pods) or something?
It’s an actual thing.....google it. I have a recipe in the DIY section for my version of it. It’s kind of like pecan pie(without the pecans) in an oatmeal cookie crust and powdered sugar on top.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
9 my goodness... in your opinion, can brown sugar be subbed with BSExtra?
Yeah, it’s a bit of a departure for me. I usually try to stay under 6. I’ve never had the Brown Sugar Extra....probably? It’s there for the dark sweetness. And it’s in the real recipe.....give it a shot!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Indeed, searching for your recipe now in the DIY section... going to guess there is at least 6 flavors and I probably only have 2 at best... I just know it ;)
Well, on the bright side, you can now get all the flavors from BCF! Before, you had to order from elsewhere to get the OOO flavors. Which was a huge bummer....

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been awhile since I ordered from China but a 7 to 10 days shipping from Efuntop turned into 7 weeks..........
but it finally arrived:vapemail:

A Ultem Furyan bundled with a brass/ultem Drop Solo RDA and a pack of 20 clapton coils :)

Just my luck, the pictures on their sales page had a brass battery sleeve shown but got this carbon fiber version instead :facepalm: I wouldnt have ordered it if it had the carbon fiber sleeve so I guess Im gonna have to machine my own brass sleeve now :mad:

2ni4nqv35wnvnlv6g.jpg

5q62f4ps1hsxah86g.jpg

....to add insult to injury the machined locating tabs on this drop solo's base are rotated 90 degrees so the airholes dont line up like a regular drop solo with the airholes blowing thru the posts and on the front of the standard dropped coil build :mad: Built a chimney coil in it so its at least usable but I cant believe this made it thru their quality control dept. :cuss2:

Also picked up a Topside squonker locally because its design intrigued me.

2ikoui5zsxwp5dj6g.jpg

bw6vj1thz9btwzu6g.jpg

Huge top filling 10ml bottle that fills like a tank and then channels to the atty. You dont have to remove the bottle or atty to fill it. It actually squonks pretty good and has good drain action going on.

Thinking about getting one of those Wotofo Profile mesh rda's to run on this one, I think that big bottle should be able to keep that thing juiced up.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That thing is at the top of my (GET IT NOW LIST)
Just not sure what RSA to put on it.
Wasp/Pulse 22/Whatever...Sigh!

EDIT: I'D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THAT TOPSIDE.AFTER YOU'VE HAD SOME QUALITY TIME WITH IT...CHEERS!

I've run 30ml thru it already and it's pretty easy to fill. The bottle cap on the mod is a little finicky getting the first thread started but once you get it going it seals tight. I haven't had any juice leaks on the bottle or 510 end so it's working effectively for me at the moment. The battery door/bottle cover is also a little finicky in this one, there's a spring loaded connection near the hinge that completed the circuit from the door to the mod body that seems to want to get in the way of closing the door smoothly. Other than those little niggles it's been performing pretty good.

It's a tall mod and got a nice hand feel. The squonk hole is large enough for a two finger squeeze if you like. The fire button is easy to fire no matter how you have the mod oriented in your hand and it doesn't fire your mod or change your wattage due to accidentally pressing the buttons while squonking on these side style squonk holes.

I've only used it in wattage mode and have no interest in updating the firmware to get Temp control but from what I've heard, updating the firmware is a PITA with arcane button press sequences while plugging in the usb to the computer. Those who updated did mention that the TC read a little high but was smooth and very good.

So if your on the fence, there's more good to it than bad in my book, to me it's worth the money.

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been awhile since I ordered from China but a 7 to 10 days shipping from Efuntop turned into 7 weeks..........
but it finally arrived:vapemail:

A Ultem Furyan bundled with a brass/ultem Drop Solo RDA and a pack of 20 clapton coils :)

Just my luck, the pictures on their sales page had a brass battery sleeve shown but got this carbon fiber version instead :facepalm: I wouldnt have ordered it if it had the carbon fiber sleeve so I guess Im gonna have to machine my own brass sleeve now :mad:

2ni4nqv35wnvnlv6g.jpg

5q62f4ps1hsxah86g.jpg

....to add insult to injury the machined locating tabs on this drop solo's base are rotated 90 degrees so the airholes dont line up like a regular drop solo with the airholes blowing thru the posts and on the front of the standard dropped coil build :mad: Built a chimney coil in it so its at least usable but I cant believe this made it thru their quality control dept. :cuss2:

Also picked up a Topside squonker locally because its design intrigued me.

2ikoui5zsxwp5dj6g.jpg

bw6vj1thz9btwzu6g.jpg

Huge top filling 10ml bottle that fills like a tank and then channels to the atty. You dont have to remove the bottle or atty to fill it. It actually squonks pretty good and has good drain action going on.

Thinking about getting one of those Wotofo Profile mesh rda's to run on this one, I think that big bottle should be able to keep that thing juiced up.
Hi Marcus. Maybe your longest ever post lol

VU Sponsors