Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Limelight Gloom clone listed on 3F today. Pretty sure those are stock photos of the authentic so be warned.

http://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mo...box-mod-black-1-x-18650-8ml.html#.W2rXPnMpAwA

Sent from the Death Star
I will definitely be putting an order in as soon as it becomes available.

However the price leaves me a little dubious as to the quality...

I would happily pay $50 for a really solid well designed clone of the limelight.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will definitely be putting an order in as soon as it becomes available.

However the price leaves me a little dubious as to the quality...

I would happily pay $50 for a really solid well designed clone of the limelight.

I'd totally be game but I need to see some actual pictures of the clone first... and is it truly a mech or is it a mosfet?

Sent from the Death Star

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok bonkers, I need some professional opinions but I’ll ask you guys instead.
I’m limiting my purchases after my last buying spree cost me way more than I had intended so, my freedom smokes has a 15% off tanks and rdas sale going on. I’m looking at the drop solo and the warrior rda. Only a dollar difference between the two. I’m only going to buy one. I will resist getting them both. Thoughts and observations would be appreciated.
Oh and I will eventually wind up with both but they may not be on sale when I get ready to buy again.

Carpe Nidor
Just go ahead and get both now because you'll be thinking about it all night and won't get to sleep if you don't

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just go ahead and get both now because you'll be thinking about it all night and won't get to sleep if you don't

Oh I’m very tempted to buy both but I’ve got to get control of my spending. It’s almost becoming a compulsion just to buy for the sake of buying. I’ve already got a lot of good rdas that I really like.

Carpe Nidor

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh I’m very tempted to buy both but I’ve got to get control of my spending. It’s almost becoming a compulsion just to buy for the sake of buying. I’ve already got a lot of good rdas that I really like.

Carpe Nidor
Buy both because you will regret not buying which ever one you don't buy.

Last edited:

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Warrior all day. The solo is not that bad. I've seen people have some bad ones... but the warrior...damn. its impressive.
9176bbaf1c2c040061f180a568e7057f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Carpe Nidor
I've been there ... Even to the point of buying two of every RDA and Mod that I liked only to disregard them as soon as a better one came along and as such I have at least 25 RDAs and 8 or 9 mods still unopened that I call spares but in reality will probably never be used.

I'm trying really hard now to just buy one of anything I really want and then once it breaks/wears out/is lost I can just buy a different one to replace it.

I've come to realise that the vape industry moves so fast that apart from the occasional true gems most vape gear can just be replaced with the latest and greatest in the event of failure and stockpiling is futile

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am guilty of buying new RSAs when they come out...which many of them are really good...but my favorite one cost me $9. Chi-NarDa...

Bought many mods...Favorite one cost me $17 Pico Squeeze

I'm all down for trying out stuff which I feel suits my vaping style...which lately has only been RSAs...Plus I know I can sell them when I know I wont use them again... Like my Authentic Haku Phenom...I'm probably going to sell that soon...its been a month since I've used it... toss in some Ultem Caps etc with it.

Yeah... think I'll do that now lol... clean it up and send it on its way.

Good talk! lol ;)

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'd totally be game but I need to see some actual pictures of the clone first... and is it truly a mech or is it a mosfet?

Sent from the Death Star
I think they mentioned back in March it would be MOSFET but things could have changed in that time.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aaaand another RDA to think about.
This one, unlike most recently, looks like "big airflow" - and I'm not quite there, but I need more air than you can get in say a Narda...or even a Hadaly...
It's intended for squonking...supposedly.

upload_2018-8-9_15-39-33.png

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is that gorgeous thing??:inlove:purple is my jam.....
It's a US Modz Stinger Mini. DNA75C, 18650. Basic 1.1 with smoked cap and NRC tip and ring combo.

The modder does a list every month and let's you choose your own color combos for the stab wood and acrylic. He pours them in house which I think is really impressive. Very reasonably priced as far as high end stuff goes

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a US Modz Stinger Mini. DNA75C, 18650. Basic 1.1 with smoked cap and NRC tip and ring combo.

The modder does a list every month and let's you choose your own color combos for the stab wood and acrylic. He pours them in house which I think is really impressive. Very reasonably priced as far as high end stuff goes

Yup, I found it... & immediately felt sick when I saw the price. It's beautiful for sure, just way out of my price range!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can't fully explain it, but I tried and HATED the Wasp, when they first came out...
f6c4d3e3-fd04-48c6-a05d-a4e90de2178f.jpg

It's OK - I've found (and in some cases, hunted and acquired) plenty that I DO like. I just like to keep exploring and considering new ones when they look like they might be good for me.

I love the Flave 22, I like the Haku a lot.
I'm running a Nudge, and a Recurve.
And I'm still pleased with some "oldies" - Gorge, Goon 22, Nuppins, even a Drifter.

Wasp nano.
with a drip tip.

Dropmyload

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the narda clone and am looking for more similar restriction attys. Was thinking of the following, any feedback? Or any suggestions for me. I only squonk.

B2k clone
Venna clone
Ammit mtl rda
Skyfall clone

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Krma skyfall supposed to be good
I love the narda clone and am looking for more similar restriction attys. Was thinking of the following, any feedback? Or any suggestions for me. I only squonk.

B2k clone
Venna clone
Ammit mtl rda
Skyfall clone

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

B2k clone
Venna clone
Ammit mtl rda
Skyfall clone

I have the Skyfall (SXK) it's pretty good, but it's airy, unless you add the single air flow disc. But then it's a lot more restrictive than the NarDa...I like it, choke the af down to 1 hole of the medium disc.

I have an authentic Venna #73, sits in my drawer, good Vape, but like my other Haku's, sits in the drawer

Don't own the other two you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

B2k clone
Venna clone
Ammit mtl rda
Skyfall clone
There's quite a few with a quite restricted draw like Narda my favourites are:

Narca
Le Concorde
Armor (single coil mode)
Origen Little
Venna

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Put my Haku bundle in the Classifieds

I really do like the RSA, but it has sat for a month... so maybe someone else can enjoy it ;)

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always thought the Hadaly was "since you can't get a Narda".
Have you tried a Hadaly?
:)

B2k clone
Venna clone
Ammit mtl rda
Skyfall clone

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always thought the Hadaly was "since you can't get a Narda".
Have you tried a Hadaly?
:)

I really enjoy the Hadaly...I think its one of the only RSAs I wouldn't sell... Cheap as they are second hand...nope. Not the greatest Vape, but a damn good one all the time...til you over squonky then you're like, NOW I REMEMBER WHY I HATE YOU! lol

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I really enjoy the Hadaly...I think its one of the only RSAs I wouldn't sell... Cheap as they are second hand...nope. Not the greatest Vape, but a damn good one all the time...til you over squonky then you're like, NOW I REMEMBER WHY I HATE YOU! lol

Interesting take - it's a top three overall favorite - and I've never seen a second-hand authentic go cheap, when you can find one

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting take - it's a top three overall favorite - and I've never seen a second-hand authentic go cheap, when you can find one

the last one was furets for $70 here I believe, to me that's pretty dang cheap, not sure where I rank it among my experience, top 5?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
the last one was furets for $70 here I believe, to me that's pretty dang cheap, not sure where I rank it among my experience, top 5?

Considering they were going for $89 when first released, $70 isn't a bad return - I've seen them go for $90 on SquonkersParadise

Dropmyload

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an entheon clone with hadeon cap. Also nice.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've just noticed something with the Pico Squeeze...

Using a thick juice like 85-90VG and up, whether using the included plastic squonk bottle or the Luxotic silicone bottle, after the squonk bottle, gets down to 50% full, there is a lot of resistance to the juice making it up the tube and into the deck of the atty.

This persists whether using the Wasp Nano, Nudge 22 or Druga 22.

Mixing a batch of thinner juice like 70% VG solves this problem and the juice flows more easily, and stays that way until there is barely a drop left inside the bottle.

So, methinks that the diameter of the metal squonk tube is likely restricting the flow due to the viscosity of thicker juice.

I had a similar issue when I first started mixing and trying to pull VG-based nic concentrate into a syringe with a 20g needle (blunt tip) and it just would not flow well via vaccuum suction, but a 14g needle (wider dia than 20g) worked much better, but still had lots of flow resistance.

Maybe a similar thing is happening here?

For now my problem is solved by mixing a lower-viscosity juice for squonking, which also lets it wick faster once it comes into the deck, before the excess gets sucked back.
You could also try changing VG brands.Not all VG is super thick like that.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For my Bonkers who don't frequent the handchecks thread... my new toy (that I had no business buying)!
ae53fa5b03a3922c57cc22761e0a9748.jpg
12d0f6d5fa67a34703f50c47aa89ca88.jpg
9c7cddba5c203e76ec1c495d24c7c343.jpg
761b11e9f9b42f1878d32a75839a815c.jpg

Oh nice even if it is Purple...Sorry not anywhere near my favorite color.
I keep forgetting to bookmark the handcheck thread.

VU Sponsors