Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
...BTW, am I the only one that has mods that dont leave the house.

Most anything bigger than my Eleaf Pico 75w and Kanger TopTank Mini combo stays home.

I am not usually out for very long when I do leave the house (work from home, and also the sole caretaker of my elderly and terminally ill mother), and when I am out, it's for grocery shopping or other quick errands...I can do without vaping for a few hours, since when I am home, if I am awake I am chain vaping....so I use going out mostly as taking a break.

I do not go to bars and clubs at all for like the past 20 yrs, I just dont like that scene...

Also, the only place I do vape when out, is in the car, as I do not like attracting too much attention to myself. People in this section of New Jersey kind of flip out if they see someone vaping in public.

The only place I can vape without scrutiny is when I go to different music jams, and even at those I go outside out of respect for the host, even though they say it's ok to vape indoors. The folks that still smoke at these gatherings, also 'take it outside'...

When I get my Pico Squeeze from FT in a few weeks LOL, I will have a smaller device to use, right now with a Wasp Nano, and I plan to use this out and about and challenge myself to actually vape in public more...

But the Billet Boxen Rev4b DNA60, HCigar VT Inbox v3 DNA75, and Pulse BF will not be leaving the house...they are all 3 on my desk now in regular rotation.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most anything bigger than my Eleaf Pico 75w and Kanger TopTank Mini combo stays home.

I am not usually out for very long when I do leave the house (work from home, and also the sole caretaker of my elderly and terminally ill mother), and when I am out, it's for grocery shopping or other quick errands...I can do without vaping for a few hours, since when I am home, if I am awake I am chain vaping....so I use going out mostly as taking a break.

I do not go to bars and clubs at all for like the past 20 yrs, I just dont like that scene...

Also, the only place I do vape when out, is in the car, as I do not like attracting too much attention to myself. People in this section of New Jersey kind of flip out if they see someone vaping in public.

The only place I can vape without scrutiny is when I go to different music jams, and even at those I go outside out of respect for the host, even though they say it's ok to vape indoors. The folks that still smoke at these gatherings, also 'take it outside'...

When I get my Pico Squeeze from FT in a few weeks LOL, I will have a smaller device to use, right now with a Wasp Nano, and I plan to use this out and about and challenge myself to actually vape in public more...

But the Billet Boxen Rev4b DNA60, HCigar VT Inbox v3 DNA75, and Pulse BF will not be leaving the house...they are all 3 on my desk now in regular rotation.
Oh come on you can take that billet out. I don't blame you buddy. I've got one of them for work and the rest stay home but I have other mods that don't leave home because I would destroy them at work.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Oh come on you can take that billet out. I don't blame you buddy. I've got one of them for work and the rest stay home but I have other mods that don't leave home because I would destroy them at work.

Thanks! I am too attached to my BB, even though I have a backup that lives in the box unused.

I'd need to get a 3rd unit to feel safe taking one out and about. (need to sell some things to have the cash for a 3rd unit)

The BB is sort of 'precious' to me since it is my favorite vape setup so far in all of the 2.5 yrs I've been vaping, and until I have the "3-2-1 Backup Rule" in place (3x devices is really 2, and 2x devices is really 1, and 1x device is none) and eventually get another BB, I just dont want to risk it...

The RSA that I marry to the Pico Squeeze would optimally replicate the draw and feel of the Kanger RBA head in the BB.

Still searching on that one, and slowly making my way through all of the #shedlyfe videos...:)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! I am too attached to my BB, even though I have a backup that lives in the box unused.

I'd need to get a 3rd unit to feel safe taking one out and about. (need to sell some things to have the cash for a 3rd unit)

The BB is sort of 'precious' to me since it is my favorite vape setup so far in all of the 2.5 yrs I've been vaping, and until I have the "3-2-1 Backup Rule" in place (3x devices is really 2, and 2x devices is really 1, and 1x device is none) and eventually get another BB, I just dont want to risk it...

The RSA that I marry to the Pico Squeeze would optimally replicate the draw and feel of the Kanger RBA head in the BB.

Still searching on that one, and slowly making my way through all of the #shedlyfe videos...:)
I completely understand. I like the billets as well. And backups are an essential. Lol

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sounds pretty damned tight - outside Wasp, and even tighter than Haku.. I've actually been enjoying the SXK Basic on the DS-style 1:1 .. I'm at the place where it doesn't matter if I grab the Gbox200/Wasp or the DS-style/Basic - I get a really good flavor and all-day vape.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sounds pretty damned tight - outside Wasp, and even tighter than Haku.. I've actually been enjoying the SXK Basic on the DS-style 1:1 .. I'm at the place where it doesn't matter if I grab the Gbox200/Wasp or the DS-style/Basic - I get a really good flavor and all-day vape.

For me the TopTank mini, with the RBA head, 5 wraps of 27g KA1 on 3mm ID, and afc closed down 3/4 is equal to the same build in the BB on the Kanger RBA head, without any added afc restrictions, and for me is my preferred semi-restricted DTL vape...

With the Wasp Nano even with the afc closed down to like a 1mm hole, and using a drip-tip that has only a 2mm bore, it is more like the TopTank Mini at 75% open afc...

The problem with most of these Hadaly/Haku/Entheon/O-Atty type of atomizers is that there is little-to-no afc...I need SOME afc control with a wider range than tight MTL to 'the singularity hole where like no air gets thru'...

The atty on the VV Simple-EX looks like it might work, and were it not for the 35mm in height for the following, the NoFear Unlimited, Hellfire Viper, Origen Little, and similar sub-22mm attys might work, but I am spoiled by the Wasp Nano only being 23mm in height without a drip tip, and on these listed, if I get the clones and the air hole is too small, I can always drill it out a little bit...

Despite current clouds-bro-clouds DTL tanks and attys, the TopTank Mini can chuck massive clouds with the above mentioned build if I open the afc all the way, and bump up the power from my normal 19w up to about 25w. I mean I can completely fog out a 10'x10' room in about 3-5 mins with the TopTank Mini, so it's no slouch when it comes to airflow. If I put one of @Pegleg Meg 's amazing and beautiful Clapton wires in there (a 2x30g/46g, 5 wraps on 3mm ID), and bump it up to ~33w, it's a total white-out blizzard in about 10-12 puffs on the TopTank Mini.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have three SV mods and a L'il Pinch ( all are stab wood) that never leave the house, in fact are only used on birthdays and holidays only. One Luna and a BB in the car, one Luna on my desk at work and two BB with me. Three Pico/Odin16 with me at all times.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
...With the Wasp Nano even with the afc closed down to like a 1mm hole, and using a drip-tip that has only a 2mm bore, it is more like the TopTank Mini at 75% open afc...

Yes quoting myself. I mean to explain that the Wasp Nano is a VERY airy atomizer, even at the smallest airflow, and that the TopTank Mini, despite being an older tank, can hold it's own.

I like a cooler vape and will never run anything above maybe 35w, and felt no advantage to dual-coils for my vaping style.

Everyone has different preferences, and whatever works for someone else and makes them happy, makes me happy. :)

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found the Haku-clone too tight to enjoy. Tobeco Velocity and goon clones need to be turned waaaaay down.. Wasp open barely 1mm/side. SXK Basic wide open (weird vertical, but never flood).

I'm running the CM Elfy tank wide open, and it's almost too tight; the OBS Nano's are running right around 1/2 open or less. The Monster V3 clone has no AFC, and is almost too tight to DTL.

One of these days I'll be able to measure the Pascals/PSI stuff, but yeah - this stuff gets irksome.

I do agree, I dislike having/learning I am cranked up to 30+ watts. Wasteful, seems to me.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I found the Haku-clone too tight to enjoy. Tobeco Velocity and goon clones need to be turned waaaaay down.. Wasp open barely 1mm/side. SXK Basic wide open (weird vertical, but never flood).

I'm running the CM Elfy tank wide open, and it's almost too tight; the OBS Nano's are running right around 1/2 open or less. The Monster V3 clone has no AFC, and is almost too tight to DTL.

One of these days I'll be able to measure the Pascals/PSI stuff, but yeah - this stuff gets irksome.

I do agree, I dislike having/learning I am cranked up to 30+ watts. Wasteful, seems to me.
Sounds like you and I have similar preferences for the tightness/openness of the draw. :)

I'm surprise at the Elfy being so restricted. It has wide slots on the afc, and the opening under the coil appears to be about 3.5mm wide. I would have grabbed an Elfy when I saw them on sale for $12 a few weeks ago (cant remember where) but the capacity was too little for me (~2ml IIRC?), and the lack of any knurling on the threaded cap (for filling) was another negative...due to hand problems.

Since i had returned back to the TopTank Mini (which was my second ever atomizer back in March of 2016, when I purchased the kit where it came with the Kbox Mini) I ended up getting a second TopTank Mini from myfreedomsmokes.com from their July 4th sale, for $20 shipped less a 17% discount...and I've been very happy with it. The OG TopTank Mini has been cleaned, retired and put away as a backup...just in case. I'm using the RBA head with it.

I was considering a clone of the Kayfun v5, but they are like 60mm tall, which is too big for me (especially when sitting atop a mod), and was also concerned about the afc being too tight. I've not had the luxury of trying one since nobody I know in real life that vapes has one...

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the Elfy is bloody TINY. It only rides the 1xcell SX mini to/at/from work. I seem to be alternating it with the verticoiled Monster v3: pretty much the same airflow.

I thought about the KF clones - but I am just tired of everyone's BS about "RTL" and "too loose MTL": it just boils down to "too damned tight and no alternative or way to drill".

Only dual I am inclined to budget is the OBS Engine [stop]. And, really, there are no other single-coils of interest.. I'm undecided on getting another wasp or the SXK Basic - the wasp is just plain more simple, which means reliable.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Should I buy the Dpro mini?

or a blitz ghoul? (dont really like the look of it or the clamp style)

My finger is itchy this morning.

wish the drop solo was available for purchase.
I know Drop Solo is up at 3AVape w/a 10% code but no free shipping I don't think, and prolly others over there. Don't know about elsewhere.
Dpro mini looks interesting to me too.

Finally a nice looking 75C squonker :) Too bad it costs so much:(

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know it's up at 3AVape w/a 10% code but no free shipping I don't think, and prolly others over there. Don't know about elsewhere.

What squonker are you referring to?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dpro is nice. VA 75c shipping from VA is 50 bucks. Rediculous
I know Drop Solo is up at 3AVape w/a 10% code but no free shipping I don't think, and prolly others over there. Don't know about elsewhere.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes quoting myself. I mean to explain that the Wasp Nano is a VERY airy atomizer, even at the smallest airflow, and that the TopTank Mini, despite being an older tank, can hold it's own.

I like a cooler vape and will never run anything above maybe 35w, and felt no advantage to dual-coils for my vaping style.

Everyone has different preferences, and whatever works for someone else and makes them happy, makes me happy. :)
Still use the Subtank mini daily with the V2 RBA,

the original Serpent RTA is also good.

I do like a bit more air than those too so I really like the Wasp Nano and the original Merlin RTA.

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
early prototype BAMech

37214899_1787058884682245_2429423808323518464_n.jpg

production versions will apparently be ultem, and have the same left/right hand front/rear/edge squonk hole options as the 75 and 75c versions

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still kind of on buying lockdown, but I closed out a Fasttech cart...and threw a DPro mini in there last minute.
$20 with MAP code... I worry it may be a tighter draw than I like, but it does look really nice.
@SteelDriver is the airflow kind of like an Entheon (which also "redirects")? Did you have one of those?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's more open than enthion more like hadaly and smooth as butter
Still kind of on buying lockdown, but I closed out a Fasttech cart...and threw a DPro mini in there last minute.
$20 with MAP code... I worry it may be a tighter draw than I like, but it does look really nice.
@SteelDriver is the airflow kind of like an Entheon (which also "redirects")? Did you have one of those?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went out looking for a good single coil RDA, didn't wanna wait for shipping. The only thing I could find was the recurve, so I picked one up. Loving this thing. The only downfall is having to squonk every 3-4 hits, but I can put up with that for the flavor. I like my Wasp Nano, but the damn thing whistles... Drives me nuts!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went out looking for a good single coil RDA, didn't wanna wait for shipping. The only thing I could find was the recurve, so I picked one up. Loving this thing. The only downfall is having to squonk every 3-4 hits, but I can put up with that for the flavor. I like my Wasp Nano, but the damn thing whistles... Drives me nuts!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Did you try a drip tip on the wasp?

Adonis

Member For 1 Year
Got a package from Oumier today. Included the Black and Silver VLS, a Wasp in polished ultem, and their new 222W mod. I've used the Wasp before, so I knew what to expect there. The mod is just OK... lightweight with a dial for adjusting wattage or temperature, nice screen, but the jury is still out.

That leaves the VLS... Got it in single coil mode and really liking it. Can't make the thing leak, and I've kinda tried. Did get a mouth full of juice for my efforts, but no leaking. No pics tonight as I have it in dripper mode. I'll post pics soon with it in squonk mode.

If I may ask how your getting on with the VLS? I've ordered one that should be delivered tommorow . Use to like the odd vertical coil in the likes of the veritas and the origen wanted to give them another go :)

VU Sponsors