Squonkers are Bonkers

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders / Squonking' started by DogMan, Jan 16, 2016.

1. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    yup. Idiocy has no borders.

Arthur-VU, inspects and Papachaz like this.
  2. shawn.hoefer

shawn.hoefer Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I have an old squonker that was designed to use a 10ml plastic juice bottle. Since 10ml is the max size in the UK (IIRC), problem solved.

I think it's BS, but I'm having a hard time getting worked up over it. The UK's approach to vaping, while marginally restrictive, beats the everlovin' ;!&#_·°·¬¿· outta the US's asinine plans.

Further, seeing this coming, I would have bought a couple of large everythings in advance. Just as I've bought enough gear, here, to last me until I die (unless I live to 115).

Flame away UK Bonkers... Sorry...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

inspects and The Cromwell like this.
  3. jasonandsarah

jasonandsarah Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Very bad experience with the Armageddon squonk. Plus all the fake "made in the usa" has made me decide that Armageddon can't get my money anymore. I don't give a shit where it's made but don't lie to me about it! Ya know?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

inspects, raineysky and The Cromwell like this.
  4. SteelDriver

SteelDriver Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Used to be gold but no more. Well some is left. Surprised by this recurve thingy. Not a bad vape. Acts like a 22mm. Reminds me of a pulse 22 but way better AFC and flavor. [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

fq06, inspects, raineysky and 5 others like this.
  5. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I like the recurve as well. So smooth

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

fq06, inspects, geoffd and 1 other person like this.
  6. PoppaVic

Blog Posts:
    Steel-wheel? (I've a gold OBS Nano - the color is cringe-worthy)

SteelDriver likes this.
  7. shawn.hoefer

Blog Posts:
  8. PoppaVic

Blog Posts:
    Glad I got my spare batteries and atties last month ;-)

Arthur-VU and shawn.hoefer like this.
  9. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yep I commented on this somewhere on here a couple of weeks ago?

Excerpt from the above link.
    And, of course, a 25 percent price hike would hurt vapers too, not just businesses. Although most of the e-liquid we use is made in the U.S., just about all vaping hardware is made in China. According to American Vaping Association president Gregory Conley, the proposed tariff will also include batteries intended for vaping products.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    JuicyLucy and shawn.hoefer like this.
  10. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    gadget!, Arthur-VU and TrollDragon like this.
  11. geoffd

geoffd Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Recurve fan here as well. Found that I prefer it with a 510 dt for better flavor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wtmke1 and SteelDriver like this.
  12. SteelDriver

Blog Posts:
    Just like the Pulse it is a juice Hog but I diy so freck it.

13. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    Haven't tried with a 510 tip

SteelDriver likes this.
  14. SteelDriver

Blog Posts:
    22mm caps are out for it.

fq06, geoffd and Wtmke1 like this.
  15. So619Cal

So619Cal Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    well I bought the Brick'ium lol

Don't have a regulated squonker and figured for $60 why not... if it sucks, sell it.

RSZ1, raineysky and DogMan like this.
  16. Arthur-VU

Arthur-VU Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I honestly dont know anyone that approves of a single thing that Trump has done since elected. I cannot watch nor read mainstream news any more because I am tired of all the misery that his nonsense has been creating.

I cannot wait for another election, for literally ANYONE ELSE to become the POTUS.

Sorry for the politics, which I usually avoid, but so many products besides vape stuff comes from China, and this policy would have far reaching consequences in ALL commerce here in the USA.

17. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
  18. PoppaVic

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I was looking at the clones on 3f.. I tend to prefer simpler things that can't "go wrong" - that clone had complaints about misthreaded the DT/top and then rendering it useless.. Frankly, I figured the same would occur with the Authentics.

Arthur-VU likes this.
  19. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    The No Fear Again (V2 version) was supposed to be a much better attie, but I never could get my hands on one

No idea if the clone is any good or not

Arthur-VU likes this.
  20. PoppaVic

Blog Posts:
    Well, HRC wants to run again.. Kamala and others - oh the joys. (I wonder what they outlaw next? Oh, vaping - it's evil! ;-)

Arthur-VU likes this.
  21. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I saw those complaints on FT as well. I kinda hoped it was just 'user-error'. The Delrin top-cap seems like I good idea tho, since such a small chamber is likely to be on the warm side of things, and rather than SS, would likely help to prevent burnt lips.

Thinking something like either an ~8-10mm drip tip, or one of the NarCa-style or Gas Mods GR1-style ~5mm drip tips would go well on that.

Also been thinking about the GR1 drip tip 'kit' that has the black, frosted and ultem tips to use with the Wasp Nano since they are so small and come in a 3-pack, with colors that match the offerings of the Wasp Nano top-caps. FT and 3F have these GR1 3-pack drip tip kits for ~$10, so not too expensive either.

22. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the reply and the info about the V2 version. If I come across one of these I will let you know. :)

23. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I highly doubt that - No Name is a very high quality Italian made line of atties

I have two others (No Fear Unlimited and No Toy) and they are smooth as butter and finely built

Rossum and Arthur-VU like this.
  24. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    Lesser of evils seems to be the only choices available. Sux I know, but what can ya do?

25. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    So how would you describe the vape on the Unlimited and/or the No Toy?

How is the flavor? the draw? does it get hot? What builds did you like in them?

26. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Have never built the No Toy - it was bundled in a deal for a mod I wanted. But it is nicely balanced, and came apart and together again like a breeze.

Haven't had The Unlimited in rotation for at least a year

The DT is wide open, so it is a little on the airy side, and the body does get very warm fairly fast but the flavor is on target. Can't honestly remember what kind of build I was using on it :rolleyes:

Arthur-VU and inspects like this.
  27. PoppaVic

Blog Posts:
    Only stockpile and keep an open eye. Nothing to be done for it.

I meant the plastic/whatever DT cross-threading. It can happen to anyone. (Admittedly, I think a lot of such complaints are from those that are careless, but it DOES occur)

Arthur-VU likes this.
  28. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the reply :)

29. DogMan

DogMan VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Another parcel marked delivered but not.

My postman is American.

30. DogMan

Blog Posts:
    pico is at an inbetween stage, will look shit, then better, then shit etc

kanger DB is looking OK, with less planned layers

IMG_20180711_175423.jpg IMG_20180711_175422.jpg IMG_20180711_175420.jpg IMG_20180711_175418.jpg IMG_20180711_175149.jpg IMG_20180711_175145.jpg IMG_20180711_175020.jpg IMG_20180711_175019.jpg IMG_20180711_175017.jpg IMG_20180711_175016.jpg

BrewBear, b.m. and laurie9300 like this.
  31. SteelDriver

Blog Posts:
    What is that your putting on?

32. DogMan

Blog Posts:
    just oil paint, with alkyd (to assist harder and faster drying) The blue on the contrasty one is mostly alkyd, the yellow on the DB is mostly paint

will get thicker next coat on pico (contrasty one)

JuicyLucy likes this.
  33. DogMan

Blog Posts:
    better, didn't like it before

IMG_20180711_201548.jpg IMG_20180711_201543.jpg IMG_20180711_201534.jpg IMG_20180711_201532.jpg

BrewBear, b.m. and SteelDriver like this.
  34. SteelDriver

Blog Posts:
    DogMan likes this.
  35. Rossum

Rossum Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    So you don't know anyone that approves of him appointing new people to the run the FDA, who have given vaping a reprieve by pushing back the deadline for PMTAs from this August until 2022, and who have decided not to enforce the "no new products after 8/8/2016" part of regulations that are already in effect?

I suppose everyone in your circle of acquaintances would prefer to have vape shops and domestic on-line sellers raided by FDA agents demanding proof that every item in their inventory is identical to one that was offered for sale prior to 8/8/2016? To have shipments from overseas vendors confiscated at the border if each such shipment doesn't include proof that the items in it are 8/8/2016 grandfathered? And to have every product that doesn't have a PMTA application filed off the market less than one month from now?

Really?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  36. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Take it outside please.

fq06, SpectoVia, JuicyLucy and 6 others like this.
  37. Rossum

Rossum Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I think you might be confused as to which forum we're on here. :p

Walter Ego, inspects and DogMan like this.
  38. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    Yes, really.

In real-life, aka 'not the internet', I dont have any friends that vape. The other nicotine addicts that are in my social circle are all still smoking (aka combustion) and consider me the a-hole for not smoking any more. I am 'the retard' with a 'bomb in my pocket'.

I got tired of justifying my choices in life like 20 yrs ago, and dont have to explain myself to them if they are hostile to me for my chosen form of nicotine consumption. they are maliciously ignorant and refuse to be educated and are too happy to tell me about diacetyl, popcorn lung and how my pants are going to catch fire 'when my e-cig explodes'.

You cannot fix stupid.

The only folks I know offline that vape are the ones that work in the local vape shop near me. I do not see them outside the shop, and we never discuss politics, as the shop is usually too busy for that.

So sadly, I am the one here who is marginalized by others. Those that I know that voted for Trump, will now deny it, and refuse to discuss anything, so I am left to whinge about it online in order to have any kind of discussion on it.

Not to get too into it, but the FCC, FTC and treasury dept, as per Trump are hostile to consumers, and prices on internet service, tv service and mobile phone and mobile have already increased as per Trump's FCC chair Ajit Pai, and likely to go up another 20% by end of year, while favoritism for monopolies in the tech sector are being pushed by lobbyists...

I work in IT and internet tech, so the FCC, FTC and what happens with these things directly effects my work.

So as not to derail this thread into the abyss, feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss further. I welcome your thoughts, anyones thoughts, as long as you all are civilized. :)

Lady Sarah likes this.
  39. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    No worries here. I do not get easily offended nor easily provoked. It's all good to me.

40. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Nope the political threads are elsewhere on this site.
    As you are well aware.

I expect that as election time approaches it will get more difficult to keep politics out of the vaping threads.

fq06 and BrewBear like this.
  41. shawn.hoefer

Blog Posts:
    Ya ought to check out the political threads. Full of vaping talk LOL

Back on topic...

Liking it...

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah, PaulS, RSA6174 and 9 others like this.
  42. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    My mom likes Trump. But she thought Obama was the Antichrist so who knows. Lol

Arthur-VU likes this.
  43. bx10r

bx10r Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Only thing I'll thank him for its.. inspiring my t shirt..#nuffsaid[​IMG]

Sent from a very cloudy room

44. raineysky

raineysky Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    That's prudy! I'm going in for the purple one next. Gonna top it with a gold rda. Getting ready for that LSU vs Georgia game @Wicked Gene :)

I do have a problem with my silver Squeeze 2 though. Accessing the menu screen by pressing the fire button and + button is not just fiddly, it don't work at all any more. Maybe a firmware update will fix it? I was able to set everything up the way I like it before it stopped working though....

shawn.hoefer likes this.
  45. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    This will not confine itself to products. Wait until China decides to call in all it's paper holding American land property. The Chinese own a big percentage of American land, possibly more than many Americans desire knowing about. Then, you've got holdings in American Treasury Notes or Bonds that can be called in on as well. China is also backing the Mexican silver peso with its gold, as of a few years back.

Russia is out of debt and has been for at least five years now. This is how Russia was able take the lead on the BRICS market, Brazil, Russia, Indonesea/India, China, Sweeden. It's a conglomerate basket currency based on gold and their own private banking system. There's no need of the U.S. dollar even as a reserve currency. We are in effect being shut out of the finance market.

The world is tired of the American bully and its refusal to behave appropriately. This can also be seen as happening in the now slightly rising intrest in a gradual lead to hyperinflation domestically. Our dollar is only valued by our nation and it's coming a time akin to Germany, where guys dumped wheel barrow loads of cash and stole the wheel barrows. There's nothing backing the U.S. dollar any longer except confidence. This might sound too "out there" to be believed but it is as true as I'm aware to state it.

Why do other countries then still take the dollar? Well they convert it over and hopefully to invest into something gold or silver backed. Debt is a powerful tool as well. That is all the dollar is, a measure of debt. When the paper is called on to produce the real good/s, America will come up short. Other nations know this as well. We've already lost and not a shot is fired.

"Move along, these are not the droids you seek."

Excuse me, the new SS316 coil I'm vaping on causes brain farts. 26 awg, wrapped 8 'round 2.5mm ID. It hits at 0.50 ohms. The Wasp just loves it. :) I was using Kanthal but it started flaking off into the juice well. Figured time to change up something.

"And now back to your regularly scheduled programming, ..."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Arthur-VU likes this.
  46. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Ohh well unwatching thread for a while.

gets too bad on here with such stuff because of the upcoming election I will just lay off of VU until after the election.

gadget!, Wtmke1, JuicyLucy and 2 others like this.
  47. PoppaVic

Blog Posts:
    Quick! Now we can talk about him in front of his back!

Rossum likes this.
  48. DogMan

Blog Posts:
  49. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:

I really like that already!

DogMan likes this.
  50. DogMan

Blog Posts:
    Thanks. I might leave that one, depending on how drips go as it dries

JuicyLucy likes this.