Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ah, now to look for a spare lighter. He he, think I hid one or two from myself. Yay, now that's done. Tell you what, ...

what. Might be dangerous if I could think of such things myself.

Yes, I hide stuff from myself too. I almost think it is a universal man thing. Men learned long, long ago that if we put stuff up, it vanishes forever. So we leave everything out and around, until, the woman comes along and yells at us.

"You better put that up!"

In our minds we hear a little voice saying, "oh no, now it'll be gone." See if we got stuff out, we can see it, we know where it is and can go right to it and use it. Put up it's somewhere else and we're not sure of that because stuff put up vanishes on us. We cannot blame women though. It's the act of putting stuff up, it signals to us that we don't need it anymore ergo it can go away and we don't care.

So to defeat my woman coming along and telling me to put stuff up, I hide stuff. Mainly I hide it from her but this also happens to hide it from me, too. And if I hide it, it isn't put up but strategically left out in plain sight yet concealed. :)

Sure it's chaos but damn it, it's my chaos, I got it filed. ;)

Like a squirrel burying acorns in the Fall season, and then trying to remember and the locations and dig them up in the Spring.

Happens to me all the time.

I used to stock up when Radio Shack would have a close-out sale, and then have to hide everything when it got home for 'later use'. Never could find anything. Bags and bags of adapters, cables, batteries, most of which were repurchased a dozen times over because the buried treasure could not be located.

Then I just packed up my house and moved. Lots still in boxes 10 yrs later.

Now Radio Shack has no retail and almost out of business, if I could find the stuff, I might have enough inventory to open a vintage electronics parts 'pop-up store' at the local mall for a while...

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
Anyone ever ordered from aliexpress?
I've got my eye on a 4500psi air compressor for my air rifle. The price is quite tempting but I'm scared to bite.

Perhaps if it would take a 21700 but for now, I'll pass.

Aliexpress is basically a way for individuals to buy small quantities from Chinese sellers/wholesalers. So it is like eBay, you are buying from individual sellers and they vary in their responsiveness/trustworthiness. If they have a good rating, then you are probably fine. Shipping will take a long time usually.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like a squirrel burying acorns in the Fall season, and then trying to remember and the locations and dig them up in the Spring.
Happens to me all the time.

Yep. :) Hope I do not get as bad as my grandma. She had a cigar box collecting cash from her walnut sales, net sales, skunk sales, chicken sales for a year. She had given it to Pap so he could be sure to put it somewhere safe, then given him money to add to it.

He put it in his sock drawer. It was her Christmas fund for the family. Around November she was in a panic and nearly tore their house apart. Pap asked what she needed to find. He walked back and got the box from his sock drawer.

"You looked at it half a dozen times, mother." She almost bawled her eyes. He stopped her. "Aw, mother it's alright. You had me in on it, or you would have known right where it was at the whole time."

He knew then, about ten years before everyone else seemed clued in that she was slipping. Him doing that in front of me helped me see it too. I didn't say anything to other family because that was for Pap. Him doing that also showed me what it is to love somebody.

Ah well piss! Darn pollen stirring up dust in my eyes. Hay fever season here now. Wife's done had to go to clinic for some antibiotics to get her past the pine pollen giving here a sinus infection. Her friend and the now acting gm at work let her go a bit early Saturday evening. told her he could see she was sick, said she ought to have called off, since she didn't he agreed with me ... "go see a doc, get ya some feel goods." So she was outvoted.

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I dug threw a box of "what the hell is in this box" type of box....I found another Hadaly clone with the pei cap and bf pin installed.

I'm sure its a fasttech no name but decided to put a build in it anyways...used up some fasttech single core kanthal Clapton wire at 5 wraps on a 3mm jig...ohmed out at .83 ohm.....no flavor at all..just as bland as could be..my hopes are that I can find something to fix that before diving into the authentic Hadaly...I positioned the coil just above the air holes so I don't think placement was the issue .

Gonna try a smaller diameter to lower the ohms and see what happens.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I dug threw a box of "what the hell is in this box" type of box....I found another Hadaly clone with the pei cap and bf pin installed.

I'm sure its a fasttech no name but decided to put a build in it anyways...used up some fasttech single core kanthal Clapton wire at 5 wraps on a 3mm jig...ohmed out at .83 ohm.....no flavor at all..just as bland as could be..my hopes are that I can find something to fix that before diving into the authentic Hadaly...I positioned the coil just above the air holes so I don't think placement was the issue .

I'm running around .2 in one of mine. The other is .35 on a pico

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I'm so used to .3 or lower...hopefully that's all it is...tried it on my VT75 at 40 watts...was almost 6 volts...more cloud but still no flavor.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I hope it works out for you. I had one of them and wasn't impressed by it. On @JuicyLucy 's advice, I bought the authentic and it was a huge difference.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
re: GooberButterNuts

I see this used a lot and also "GooberFet" but I am out of the loop, and my google-fu has failed me...feels more like goober-fu

Can somebody please tell me what these are all about?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I see this used a lot and also "GooberFet" but I am out of the loop, and my google-fu has failed me...feels more like goober-fu

Raphael the modder of 67 mods who makes some nice mods including the NeoFet, is a goober. So I call him gooberbutternuts. additionally I call his NeoFet, GooberFet.

upload_2018-5-13_15-30-11.png

Bottom right, GooberButterNuts - Note he is using a Palm BF DNA 75 lol

upload_2018-5-13_15-32-4.png

The GooberFet

lol

Last edited:

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Raphael the modder of 67 mods who makes some nice mods including the NeoFet, is a goober. So I call him gooberbutternuts. additionally I call his NeoFet, GooberFet.

View attachment 110996

View attachment 110997

The GooberFet

lol
I just call him douche bag

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Bonkers, been working 14 hour days during our plant outage and haven't had much free time. I'm so far behind on this thread, it'll take me forever to catch up when I get the time.... Lol Hope all are well and Happy Mothers Day to all the mom Bonkers!
Just a quick question, does anyone have the desire cut squonker from project sub ohm and is it worth the cash?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

a modder from europe

custom modders always run behind schedule, but usually if a shipment is crossing continents, the modder generally makes double sure it is at least the right parcel/colour

needs staff for organisational stuff, but good mods by all reports, i think

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

View attachment 110996

View attachment 110997

The GooberFet

lol
a modder from europe

custom modders always run behind schedule, but usually if a shipment is crossing continents, the modder generally makes double sure it is at least the right parcel/colour

needs staff for organisational stuff, but good mods by all reports, i think
Otay.

Thanks for the info and details. Now I can follow the conversations when this is referenced in the future.

I appreciate your replies.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok...took SS316 24g...6 wraps on a 2.5mm jig.....(.23 ohm) and put it on the Haku...BAM!!!!

Flavor and and acceptable cloud for it's air flow...instant ramp up

Loving this NEO also...wouldn't mind finding an ultem button and Haku cap.

Happy Hand Check.
View attachment 111008

dc68e371d32ea4281234cdfcd3ddc5c1.jpg
b2b65430f71bdd717878299af2ecd47c.jpg

2a99149f450e7c1f2684ea2e16859916.jpg

448669fe2d5d32b70728c5aa7efac4cc.jpg

MFC Ultem Cap
Nick Ricotta Black Ultem Cap

Drip tips NRC and NarCa China

The Neo Mara is my favorite mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
OK, bonkos, anybody try WTA? I think @JuicyLucy and @DogMan did but I'm a little cofusseled today. What is a good one to get, preferably in the states and PayPal friendly.

https://www.liquidleaf.net

I used to buy from these guys when they were still called Wholecig.com

They were as slow to ship as China, but it was worth the wait. I have never bought from them (weaned myself off it) since it changed hands

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might be buying an Authentic Haku Cruiser Thursday... have to see what bills look like and if it's still available but I'm liking this Haku phenom clone...might bring the ohms up to .3 as it gets a bit warm with a short chain vape.

Anyone know where can I get an ultem firing button for the NEO?

Get a matching squonk bottle while your there! Also if you thinking about converting na squonk vapor42 also has moddog nano in stock and they're the only us seller I could find.
Figure I'd try to help you get to that free shipping mark

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'll check out the bottles and 510 too..thanks.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I’ve been using the crea and combo rda almost exclusively all weekend. I changed coils in the combo yesterday to a set of fused claptons I made .25 ohms. They give a slightly warm but much more saturated vape. So far the crea is performing well.

Carpe Nidor

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not gonna be cheap...but there should be accessories added SOON here, https://www.barabrume.fr/502-6ixty-7even-mods according to bippety-bip.
There's an Ultem one there for the Mojo, but not right now for the Neo...
For a while, a bunch of Neo parts were up on Shapeways - to print your own. Official, from the maker, which was kind of cool. I have a cheap spare button and door from that, in weird colors.

greendoor1.jpg

Might be buying an Authentic Haku Cruiser Thursday... have to see what bills look like and if it's still available but I'm liking this Haku phenom clone...might bring the ohms up to .3 as it gets a bit warm with a short chain vape.

Anyone know where can I get an ultem firing button for the NEO?

I'll check out the bottles and 510 too..thanks.

VU Sponsors