Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Armageddon V3. What do you mean by arcing, and does it have anything to do with the button clicking?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I don't think button clicking applies. Arcing looks like little sparks right where the contact strip touches the nut on the 510 when you press the button. It looks like a little microscopic sparkler going off. Go into a pitch black room/closet with the door off of your mod and press the fire button while watching the contact area. If it arcs, you'll see it.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a reason I don't buy anything at the (Coalinga Junction) stop when riding (Greyhound)
You don't see the bulls in the field until after the bus pulls out.
Suddenly most people seem no longer hungry after that.
I have no clue what you're going on about here...

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Confusion reigns! That's what you get for posting the picture with the Pico shells!
What about the ourmier blinged out pico style mods though there supposed to be out soon to

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The new Luxotic silicone bottles should fit the pico squeeze?

silicon-bottle_01.png
The all blk luxotic with blk honeycomb door looks nice sn there is supposed to an an all gold one too
I seen the RDA in gold on Instagram

Last edited:

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have or know where i can find a non metal top cap for a Le Concorde? I'm digging this RDA but me no likey metal caps :(

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pulse 80w

Might want to hold off/cancel any preorders... I know nothing more that what you see here
bdd8dad4a02f00f404d5d3d5f0ce0eb7.jpg
Ok from reading comments looks like VooPoo cloned the Pulse and will be undercutting the VV price. Good for vapers as i thought the regulated Pulse was a little overpriced at $90RRP... However bad for Tony B and VV...

The VooPoo drag was around $60RRP so hopefully their "clone" will come in around there for you Gene chip fans

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok from reading comments looks like VooPoo cloned the Pulse and will be undercutting the VV price. Good for vapers as i thought the regulated Pulse was a little overpriced at $90RRP... However bad for Tony B and VV...

The VooPoo drag was around $60RRP so hopefully their "clone" will come in around there for you Gene chip fans
Alot of drama over that one lmao

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the Voopoo clone of the tony B regulated squonker is still a poke yer finner in the hole squonker no interest from here anyway.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

As was discussed previously in this thread, this just goes to show that most of these "clones" are not really clones. That's the risk you take doing business with China. A friend works for an automation company, building manufacturing lines. They had China build them manufacturing lines. Only problem was China was building the lines for them, and themselves, and undercut them by 50%.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I think it may be to the point where what else can you come up with on a atty or mod. I mean you can do something 50 different ways and get the same results.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Yep so many with slightly different posts, etc just to be different.

And yet to some reviewers the latest thing out is the bestest thing evah!
I think we have pretty much peaked for now on actual vape quality from attys.
Differences will be more of an in yer head difference than a real one.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As was discussed previously in this thread, this just goes to show that most of these "clones" are not really clones. That's the risk you take doing business with China. A friend works for an automation company, building manufacturing lines. They had China build them manufacturing lines. Only problem was China was building the lines for them, and themselves, and undercut them by 50%.
Yep anyone who does business with China and does not expect this is not the sharpest chisel in the tool box.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But China is getting very inventive on their own. Soon the rest of the world will be cloning Chinese products.

Yes absolutely. Much like Japan was. Japan use to be known for their crappy quality cheap imitation products. Then they became really good at copying stuff, making things even better than the original. Then they became even better coming up with their own stuff.

Some of the nicest Gibson Les Paul's are made in Japan. :giggle:

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have clones of both. Never got along with the Haku. Supersonic airflow is buttery smooth. Supersonic wins hands down for me!

Unfortunately being 24mm with no readily available non metal caps has it shelved. PM me if interested

Thank you for the comparison. I have a Supersonic coming, was thinking if I need a Haku or not.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So a lot of people with Armageddons are complaining about arcing. Apparently it's a known issue that I wasn't aware of.

I'm talking to their customer service and he says he runs 0.08 ohms on his with no issues. I think he's full of shit.

steamer861

Member For 4 Years
Orbtronic's are re-wraps if I recall.

They do have some cells with their "orbtronic" wrapping, But not all of their batteries are re-wraps

I got several Sanyo 20700 "B's" from them, all indications is they are Authentic :) Red Wrapper & all

Getting Batteries Shipped to Canada, can be expensive! There are some places that will ship for a reasonable price, But Not Many.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They do have some cells with their "orbtronic" wrapping, But not all of their batteries are re-wraps

I got several Sanyo 20700 "B's" from them, all indications is they are Authentic :) Red Wrapper & all

Getting Batteries Shipped to Canada, can be expensive! There are some places that will ship for a reasonable price, But Not Many.

Canvape has the Golisi S35 back in stock, $13.95! Very good price.

Thanks again for the Canvape reminder.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the comparison. I have a Supersonic coming, was thinking if I need a Haku or not.

I didn't reply to your comment earlier for I don't have a Supersonic. I do have 3 Haku's though, 1 authentic Phenom and Cruiser and 1 Ha-Klone, did a comparison of the Haku Phenoms also.

I really enjoy the Hakus, but it took some fidgeting with coils placement types etc to find the vape I enjoyed ( as with any atty really )

La Furet likened the Supersonic as the 24mm version of the Le Concorde, in which I have a really nice clone of...and I enjoy the Le Concorde a lot, I just wish it had more air...still an awesome vape and I ordered another Pico Squeeze to slap it on so I can have it in rotation (more attys than devices sadly)

There are a plethora of other RDAs I would like to try, some expensive and some dirt cheap...and I find myself sometimes buying RDAs on a whim knowing damn well I have 5 I already truly enjoy. Really want to get an Odis 16 though, and Odis is having a fire sale on items now but my vape budget is in the corner pleading for mercy.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't reply to your comment earlier for I don't have a Supersonic. I do have 3 Haku's though, 1 authentic Phenom and Cruiser and 1 Ha-Klone, did a comparison of the Haku Phenoms also.

I really enjoy the Hakus, but it took some fidgeting with coils placement types etc to find the vape I enjoyed ( as with any atty really )

La Furet likened the Supersonic as the 24mm version of the Le Concorde, in which I have a really nice clone of...and I enjoy the Le Concorde a lot, I just wish it had more air...still an awesome vape and I ordered another Pico Squeeze to slap it on so I can have it in rotation (more attys than devices sadly)

There are a plethora of other RDAs I would like to try, some expensive and some dirt cheap...and I find myself sometimes buying RDAs on a whim knowing damn well I have 5 I already truly enjoy. Really want to get an Odis 16 though, and Odis is having a fire sale on items now but my vape budget is in the corner pleading for mercy.

My SXK Le Concorde does not make contact in my Pico squeeze FYI... (haven't attempted the oring under the bf pin hack yet but there's that)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have clones of both. Never got along with the Haku. Supersonic airflow is buttery smooth. Supersonic wins hands down for me!

Unfortunately being 24mm with no readily available non metal caps has it shelved. PM me if interested
Supersonic is super smooth not as much af as the Haku. I have both clones. Use both almost daily but I like the supersonic better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes absolutely. Much like Japan was. Japan use to be known for their crappy quality cheap imitation products. Then they became really good at copying stuff, making things even better than the original. Then they became even better coming up with their own stuff.

Some of the nicest Gibson Les Paul's are made in Japan. :giggle:

yep I can remember when made is Japan was a joke thing...
Now Sony, Toyota, etc....

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is this a different Pico?

Pico I'm thinking of costs $16, fancy sleeve for 30 euros = $37.18 PLUS postage at today's exchange rate......
Its pounds so not euros so a bit more says Sheffield UK , we never did the euro that will collapse soon.
910fcdedff5ccb680f45c3c3101cdd66.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only watch his reviews when I really need a good laugh.I find it amusing that for somebody who owns a vape-shop he knows/understands very little about the subject of vaping.
I've bout every device he's ever said was crap and loved them all.Except the Capo Squonker that is.That 1 I decided to skip but not because of his review.If I recall it was something (Vaping With Vic) said.
Yeah the capo was a loss , did anyone get a fuchai sqounker mod yet ?

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of my price range.We need a new vacuum so all funds are being diverted to getting 1.
They make a mech a dna 75 an dna 75c version seems they made the hell out of this Design 3 that look very similar but mervec has been putting out some ok mech tubes Recently ,
Some are ok from a new name.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I have a friend at work who kept watching me bring in the different mods/rdas and vaping in the maintenance office during breaks. He wants to try vaping and is like,
"Give me a mod man so I can vape"

I say, "No way, you want to vape then go buy your own. If I just give you something, you won't appreciate it."

This goes on a couple months and he finally shows up with some smok mosfet type and a subohm tank. So I notice he's hanging with it but keeps lusting over my squonks. I finally gave him a good deal on an unused Hugo squeezer/haku clone combo and spent an hour last night showing him how to wrap a simple coil, battery safety, etc. Even gave him 2 vtc5a and a 20700. He was a happy panda.

Checked vdrop on the Hugo after we built... damn, that thing hits hard. Nice form factor also. I was so impressed I had to order another to take it's place.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors