Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapemail, supersonic has landed. Cleaned and then put a simple build on it, 24g n80, 5 wraps, 3mm, came in at .42Ω, vaping at 38w.
Easiest rda I've ever built on. Legs up, tighten the legs and it's almost perfectly positioned... maybe just a nudge down for the OCD types.
Mine has two of those little microscopic nicks on the outer edge of the top cap but I had to use my china magnifier goggles to see then due to my old eyes. Build deck looks fine, screws are smooth... perhaps I got lucky? Squonk hole in the pin is huge. Draw is restricted, same as my entheon or a tad less. Flavor is great. I only vape one flavor in all my mods... diy vanilla custard so I definitely know the flavor. This one edges out my entheon and hadaly, brings the creaminess more to the forefront. Is the flavor $60 better? No. Airflow is super smooth, smoother than any rda I own so far. Also very quiet, not even a hint of a whistle. Not a cloud maker but the vapor is dense and flavorful. A serious flavor machine, especially considering it's a lung hitter plus 24mm.

My clone hasn't arrived yet so I can't compare but if it performs similar to the OG then it's a helluva deal if you want a nice 24mm, restricted draw flavor atty. Obligatory pic, complete with pimp light.

SS_rsq.png

cheers

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@chohan, would love to hear about the Supersonic clone after you test it out....

My ramblings last night was about the N80 coils I received. Ended up the guy threw in a bonus singleton of a framed staple coil. Anyone know what a singleton is? Google doesn't and I damn sure don't but the coil is awesome :)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@chohan, would love to hear about the Supersonic clone after you test it out....

My ramblings last night was about the N80 coils I received. Ended up the guy threw in a bonus singleton of a framed staple coil. Anyone know what a singleton is? Google doesn't and I damn sure don't but the coil is awesome :)
Singleton = Single Core Clapton/Standard OG Clapton.

original-gangster.jpg

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Maybe it's a single coil sold to a simpleton...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All of you, Haku owners, do you get a slight whistle? I'm getting a slight whistle from both the OG and the clone. I wouldn't mind it so much, but it can't carry a tune:cool:

I did at first and it annoyed me to no end... Part of what lead me to go legs down...

As for coil height... I don't adjust 3mm coil height with legs down and no whistle...just center.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get a fairly smooth whoosh, sometimes accompanied by a little sizzle...no real whistle, and I have had some whistlers...
Could be a build difference. What's in yours?
Mine are 3mm single wire coils, and extra deck room, as the wicks just thick enough to fill the coil...
Something like this (old pic, but pretty much) -
wickedhaku2.jpg

All of you, Haku owners, do you get a slight whistle? I'm getting a slight whistle from both the OG and the clone. I wouldn't mind it so much, but it can't carry a tune:cool:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get a fairly smooth whoosh, sometimes accompanied by a little sizzle...no real whistle, and I have had some whistlers...
Mine are 3mm single wire coils, and extra deck room, as the wicks just thick enough to fill the coil...
View attachment 101322

Never had the Whistle on the Cruiser though

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Picture please!

077b269e59c9ef243ac3bb8d388c7bc7.jpg
c45cdbb19cbeb9da0b76a1fbbbb30748.jpg
9f55e83b5a3d198aa33f02f7b351951b.jpg

Dang I need to rewick and clean lol

No whistle on the cruiser ever...but on the Phenom I'd get it when legs up...also don't use a ton of cotton...noticed if I ran a longer tail to fill the edge of the well it would whistle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forty-one of my 43 squonkers - yes, they all function but one recently broken CV pin, all have bottles and the vast majority have a top notch topper

View attachment 101321

Nice collection. I thought what's up with that strange drip tip on the wasp in the back but then realized it was a chalice peeking over the top.

Mkay, I feel a bit better about my own obsession now. :)

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did at first and it annoyed me to no end... Part of what lead me to go legs down...

As for coil height... I don't adjust 3mm coil height with legs down and no whistle...just center.

I get that almost whistle. I'll give this a try next build.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Nope, zero whistle on my cruiser wide open

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 101322
I use a 3.0 mm ID SS 430 28gx3/38g fused clapton at 0.26 ohms, legs down. I might be using a bit too much cotton. I'll see in the morning. Thank you @Train and @So619Cal .

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What rda is sitting on the squonker right of the terminator?

Nice collection btw

Hmmm, I don't own a terminator - will need another clue, lol

km00

Member For 4 Years
Hmmm, I don't own a terminator - will need another clue, lol
Hmmm, right of the p67, the white one looked like a terminator, with the red rda. To the right of that one

Edit: To the left of the pico

Edit II: it's a chalice without the driptip me thinks!

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
077b269e59c9ef243ac3bb8d388c7bc7.jpg
c45cdbb19cbeb9da0b76a1fbbbb30748.jpg
9f55e83b5a3d198aa33f02f7b351951b.jpg

Dang I need to rewick and clean lol

No whistle on the cruiser ever...but on the Phenom I'd get it when legs up...also don't use a ton of cotton...noticed if I ran a longer tail to fill the edge of the well it would whistle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like ill be givin this a try i got the slight whistle myself

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm, right of the p67, the white one looked like a terminator, with the red rda. To the right of that one

Edit: To the left of the pico

Edit II: it's a chalice without the driptip me thinks!

Chalice III - oops, no drip tip, lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No whistle from the sxk clone. Airflow wide open if that's what you could call wide open ha ha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forty-one of my 43 squonkers - yes, they all function but one recently broken CV pin, all have bottles and the vast majority have a top notch topper

View attachment 101321
The one in the very front, what kind is that. I was looking at a white and gold a while back and forgot to buy and where it came from.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The one in the very front, what kind is that. I was looking at a white and gold a while back and forgot to buy and where it came from.

Underground from MCM

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How come whenever I need to sell something no one comes. But if I don't want to sell everyone's asking to buy stuff? Lol fyi this is just me venting I'm not refering to anyone here

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thats just how it goes bro i think the more exp stuff is hard to sell on vu iv had that biohaz up for a very long time and its still there i no theres alot of squonkers here but way more tankers and regulated mod guys so our devices are not appealing to them

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea mine is way louder

There is only small differences any of us can do with the same RSA... looks like a lot of cotton...but the pic is just installed... later today the wick will compact in and settle some and look similar to the pic I posted yesterday minus the gunk on the coils ;)

As for height, I just go with those coils I normally make and legs down and just center...wick is cut just at the edge of the well then tucked in and to a side.

AF turned down about half way and thats about it for me.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The wooshing sound pitch could have something to do with the drip tip also.

It can make a small difference, but its still a 510... the DTs aren't long enough to change the volume of the vacuum one has when inhaling to any significant degree.

Similar to how I can add a 3/4" connector to my Vacuum line that is normally a 1/2" on condensers... the vacuum is completed almost instantly due to how far the vacuum needs to travel...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats just how it goes bro i think the more exp stuff is hard to sell on vu iv had that biohaz up for a very long time and its still there i no theres alot of squonkers here but way more tankers and regulated mod guys so our devices are not appealing to them

I would buy all the mods but my wife would have a cow if I spent that much. I usually work Saturday and Sunday and play shows for my vape budget. Winter side work is killing me. I saw a TD and a punk the other day but couldn't find it on the hardware section. Now they're 60 a piece. Like dammit. Wish I would've known that a couple days ago. Things always go on sale while I'm broke. My luck

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have any build tips for a Narda? Such a small channel. Gotta build small for this one. YouTube videos not much help on installation.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have any build tips for a Narda? Such a small channel. Gotta build small for this one. YouTube videos not much help on installation.

I do a single wire build 22g N80 3mm 6 wrap... and pre bend the leads so the coil sits the same direction as the screws, then split the wick on each side of the screws to fall in the well channels.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do a single wire build 22g N80 3mm 6 wrap... and pre bend the leads so the coil sits the same direction as the screws, then split the wick on each side of the screws to fall in the well channels.
Ahh ok I see. I'll have to work on it. I'm going to try to get my wife using it MTL. She sucks though and keeps smoking ha ha. I try to tell her if she'd quit smoking we could have so many cool as mods. She rolled her eyes

VU Sponsors