Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've got a few on the way. I didn't realize it would be that easy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I had the spool tamers for a while before I ever got around to using them, after I tried it haven’t wrapped by hand since. The hardest part is wrapping by hand a half inch or so until the spool is clear of the drill chuck so it doesn’t bump it, then it’s full speed ahead to the end.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No one for a Mum’s Plug? Body milled from a solid block of G10, black grippy G10 panels,all silver contacts, silver plated Mod Dog Nano 510... feels rock solid in the hand and tiny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the heads up on that and the info one that . This is gonna be a hole new world for me and to build for and on . I’m used to building on my goons , and apocalypse and the reload so it might take me a bit to just used to it and building coils for this thing I’m gonna haft to order more wire . Down the rabbit hole I go
Don't be afraid to try some simple coils. I find a 5 wrap 24g n80 @ 3.5mm gives a very satisfying vape with great battery life...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What build do you use for that? What’s it ohm out too? Thinking about picking up a Pico for work. But really worried about the 50w cutoff. My sweet spot is about .18-.19 on my mechs as u know. So don’t know if I would actually be satisfied with it.

This is humorous to me, more of an inside joke than anything...but for those that have followed my discussions about coil building will probably get why I am giggling

.27 fused Clapton in the Pico Squeeze on the Ha-Klone

.27 Alien in my Haku Cruiser

.27 Fused. Clapton in my Phenom

.27 dual fused claptons in my Stumpy

3x26x36 3mm 4/5 wrap N80 fused

3x28x36 3mm 6 wrap N80 dual fused

3x28x36 3mm 4/5 wrap Alien

Everything I Vape is basically .267-.278 or .27 average lol

.27 on a mech @ 3.7v is just shy of 51w...which the build basically allows the mod to maintain said 50w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No one for a Mum’s Plug? Body milled from a solid block of G10, black grippy G10 panels,all silver contacts, silver plated Mod Dog Nano 510... feels rock solid in the hand and tiny!

I think it's a nice mod brother...stick it on eBay.

I'd make you an offer, but I think it would be somewhat insulting...that and money I do have needs to pay the remaining balance of the NeoFet.

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is humorous to me, more of an inside joke than anything...but for those that have followed my discussions about coil building will probably get why I am giggling

.27 fused Clapton in the Pico Squeeze on the Ha-Klone

.27 Alien in my Haku Cruiser

.27 Fused. Clapton in my Phenom

.27 dual fused claptons in my Stumpy

3x26x36 3mm 4/5 wrap N80 fused

3x28x36 3mm 6 wrap N80 dual fused

3x28x36 3mm 4/5 wrap Alien

Everything I Vape is basically .267-.278 or .27 average lol

.27 on a mech @ 3.7v is just shy of 51w...which the build basically allows the mod to maintain said 50w

Yeah I def missed the inside joke. Thanks for the tips though.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Bet that baby is super responsive...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I def missed the inside joke. Thanks for the tips though.

I like the vape at .27 so I build to that in regards to the coils in which I can make.. Single strand, fused, aliens etc. Its in all my atty's.

I do have to apologize, the inner geek was laughing at me and it sort of trickled out in type ;)

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the heads up on that and the info one that . This is gonna be a hole new world for me and to build for and on . I’m used to building on my goons , and apocalypse and the reload so it might take me a bit to just used to it and building coils for this thing I’m gonna haft to order more wire . Down the rabbit hole I go
I used to build super low with dual coils as well and now I'm single coil only. My advice to you is don't try to build your first build as low. Try it around double what your used to. I used to enjoy a .08-.1 and now with single coil I'm normally around .15-.17 and the vapes about the same imo.
Something like an Alien 3x26g 1x32g 3mm 4 wraps NI80 Just my 2 cents haha round wire 24g parallel 5 wrap would also work well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What build do you use for that? What’s it ohm out too? Thinking about picking up a Pico for work. But really worried about the 50w cutoff. My sweet spot is about .18-.19 on my mechs as u know. So don’t know if I would actually be satisfied with it.
Just got my first regulated squonk (RSQ) and I normally vape around .15-.17 and I'm finding I need the RSQ set to 70w-80w to get a good vape. Idk if that's helpful or not.

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the vape at .27 so I build to that in regards to the coils in which I can make.. Single strand, fused, aliens etc. Its in all my atty's.

I do have to apologize, the inner geek was laughing at me and it sort of trickled out in type ;)
Haha no problem man. How’s the battery life on the Pico with that type of build?

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got my first regulated squonk (RSQ) and I normally vape around .15-.17 and I'm finding I need the RSQ set to 70w-80w to get a good vape. Idk if that's helpful or not.

Yeah that’s about what I figured too. Basically I should prob just stick to my mechs.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha no problem man. How’s the battery life on the Pico with that type of build?

Can't honestly say...I use the Pico as an out and about beater paired with a Haku Clone...longest I was out with it was 3 hours and I didn't even clear 1/3rd of the bottle.

I would have to assume at least a full bottle a battery swap? It's what I do on my mech squonkers

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

About .25 - .34 is my vaping range typically.
Vapes good on a mech or regulated.
.2 is as low as I will go.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't honestly say...I use the Pico as an out and about beater paired with a Haku Clone...longest I was out with it was 3 hours and I didn't even clear 1/3rd of the bottle.

I would have to assume at least a full bottle a battery swap? It's what I do on my mech squonkers

Pico? at least 1.5 bottles for me on an HG2.

I seem to get around 8-10 ml of juice per battery squonking on a single battery mod.

Dave.G1066

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used to build super low with dual coils as well and now I'm single coil only. My advice to you is don't try to build your first build as low. Try it around double what your used to. I used to enjoy a .08-.1 and now with single coil I'm normally around .15-.17 and the vapes about the same imo.
Something like an Alien 3x26g 1x32g 3mm 4 wraps NI80 Just my 2 cents haha round wire 24g parallel 5 wrap would also work well.

Why thank you sir I really appreciate it that and the info on how to build for a single coil. I’m gonna take your advice and give it a shot and see what it’s like . I haven’t vaped on anything above 0.4 in over a year now so a change will be nice . I’ll haft to pick up some more wire so I can try some different builds in the B2k when I get it in the mail . Maybe I’ll do a few different builds in my reload rda to see what happens in that . Again y’all thanks for all your help I greatly appreciate it . I’ll haft to practice more on building aliens then I’ll give them a shot in it

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why thank you sir I really appreciate it that and the info on how to build for a single coil. I’m gonna take your advice and give it a shot and see what it’s like . I haven’t vaped on anything above 0.4 in over a year now so a change will be nice . I’ll haft to pick up some more wire so I can try some different builds in the B2k when I get it in the mail . Maybe I’ll do a few different builds in my reload rda to see what happens in that . Again y’all thanks for all your help I greatly appreciate it . I’ll haft to practice more on building aliens then I’ll give them a shot in it
Waaaait a minute! This is your first squonk? Well, even if it isn't but you're just starting, welcome to the slippery slope!

Dave.G1066

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Waaaait a minute! This is your first squonk? Well, even if it isn't but you're just starting, welcome to the slippery slope!
No this isn’t my first squonk I have 3 so for and I’m loving this whole squonking thing . Thank for that much appreciated . I’m new to the whole single coil world all my rda’s are dull coil rda’s so getting a B2k rda is a whole new world and learning experience for me lol

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey Squeeps,
On my non-forum kick until someone posted a WTB Runt V2, messaged with him and he's not interested. Didn't even plan to sell but got it somewhat cleaned up and snapped some pics and so I decided to put it on the Runt page tomorrow at lunch.
Thought I'd give you Bonkers first crack.. I have $300+ into it, yours for the VU discount of $200 shipped.
Moss green alumide V2 (the newest one with the rounded edge) Silver contacts, hits like mad, the best of the 'plastic boxes' I've owned in build quality & performance.
Never Normal clear/glow button, Stealth Vape clear door & PMM black door, green silicone perfectly squishy bottle (fasttech I think)... all in perfect shape. Also have a Lee bullet button somewhere around here & a black button unused. Will clean everything thoroughly and pack with original Runt box before shipping of course.
Not putting it in the normal sales thread, just a heads up for you peeps.
If interested shoot me a PM asap.
Apologies for the advertisement but didn't want one of my ol' mates to miss out if they were keen to own a Runt.
Cheers my dudes & dudettes!

IMG_6982.JPG IMG_6983.JPG IMG_6984.JPG

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No extra bends for legs up, just wrap in reverse!
But I've done both, and don't find any dramatic difference...

For me there is extra bends with legs up in the Haku...places the coils lower than I like and adjusting the coil height is in a sense extra bends!

With legs down all I do is center!

Similar to the use of exclamation marks in a sentence! Explaining coil wrapping direction!

But I digress!

:sarcasm:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's what I'm running right now.
I did do "legs up" early on, after seeing a bunch of people saying to, but like I said - didn't note much of a diff.
I suppose if you want the coil super low, it would reduce leg length...

26230498_10214780078156513_7590366713718676194_n.jpg

For me there is extra bends with legs up in the Haku...places the coils lower than I like and adjusting the coil height is in a sense extra bends!

With legs down all I do is center!

Similar to the use of exclamation marks in a sentence! Explaining coil wrapping direction!

But I digress!

:sarcasm:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's what I'm running right now.
I did do "legs up" early on, after seeing a bunch of people saying to, but like I said - didn't note much of a diff.
I suppose if you want the coil super low, it would reduce leg length...

26230498_10214780078156513_7590366713718676194_n.jpg

Agreed, legs down just about puts a 3-3.5mm coil at the perfect height for the AF (in my opinion) .. allows the legs to be perfectly parallel with the deck...

Legs up... and the coils sits a tad lower, then when one adjusts it up, there is an extra bend... to me it was just out of being lazy and not wanting to do another step of adjustment, so legs down ;) Some people like it lower...

I do agree with you though, the vape... I didn't notice a difference.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed, legs down just about puts a 3-3.5mm coil at the perfect height for the AF (in my opinion) .. allows the legs to be perfectly parallel with the deck...

Legs up... and the coils sits a tad lower, then when one adjusts it up, there is an extra bend... to me it was just out of being lazy and not wanting to do another step of adjustment, so legs down ;) Some people like it lower...

I do agree with you though, the vape... I didn't notice a difference.
Gees iv been installin legs down and still pushin the coil down i should try the plug and play method or stop drinkin one of the 2

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Pico? at least 1.5 bottles for me on an HG2.

I seem to get around 8-10 ml of juice per battery squonking on a single battery mod.
Wow that's amazing I only get through around 5ml on a battery at 0.4ohm although I do like to change battery before it goes off completely as the vape gets very weak.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that's amazing I only get through around 5ml on a battery at 0.4ohm although I do like to change battery before it goes off completely as the vape gets very weak.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
of curse that depends on how old my battery is. My older HG2's only get close to 1 bottle (6ml) per charge. the newer ones will get into the second bottle.
My coils are usually around .3 -.35 26 ga paralell SS316L.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a positive note I didn't get another rda and instead decided to spend my money wisely on some flavors and wire.

Its crazy just how much wire you blow through once you start making fancier coils huh? lol

I can clear out 250' like it was nothing in one sitting.

Like the coils I made Derrick yesterday and today...thought I had another 1000' roll of 36g N80... can't find that fucker... and I think I only have about 125'ish feet left.

It'll pop up at a later time when I am not looking for it... either way, I ordered another 2000' lol

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Its crazy just how much wire you blow through once you start making fancier coils huh? lol

Like the coils I made Derrick yesterday and today...thought I had another 1000' roll of 36g N80... can't find that fucker... and I think I only have about 125'ish feet left.

It'll pop up at a later time when I am not looking for it... either way, I ordered another 2000' lol
Yeah I'm definitely glad you pointed me to temco because I was getting really tired of buying little spools! Already need more 34g and I also wanted to add some SS and kanthal to that cart.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Also I agree and don't think people realize how much coils cost unless they're premades from China. I used to laugh at people's prices and think they were seriously over charging but they're really not.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also I agree and don't think people realize how much coils cost unless they're premades from China. I used to laugh at people's prices and think they were seriously over charging but they're really not.

Now u make the coil illiterate guy feel bad @So619Cal let me buy your next spool for ya

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors