Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hmm, this seems interesting ...

"The DX200 mod by Hotcig is the first DNA200 device to feature hot swappable LiPO S3 batteries! Compatible with Evolv's Escribe software, this device
brings a new level of convenience and flexibility to the table!"

I haven't looked at this in any detail but the hot swap capability part caught my eye. ;)
have link? i knew about the design, but i hadn't seen just the battery packs for sale yet.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
no shit! thank you, dude! a buddy of mine has been waiting

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Supposedly both options are available for that mod ... I might not have given you the right link though, my bad.
na i found it... they have 900 and 1300mah lipo and the dual 18650...
ive never had any of their products before, but I'm impressed

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The bottom feeder (refuse to use the "s" word) pins available for the Velocity say for the Tobeco clone. Anyone used them on other clones? One review said it was too long, but cutting it down would be simple enough. I got the dripbox, kind of on a lark, and I'm liking the thing but the included rda leaves a bit to be desired, with plastic cap and misplaced airflow slots. The only issue with the bottom feeder concept I see is the single 18650. Maybe someone will come out with a 26650...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The bottom feeder (refuse to use the "s" word) pins available for the Velocity say for the Tobeco clone. Anyone used them on other clones? One review said it was too long, but cutting it down would be simple enough. I got the dripbox, kind of on a lark, and I'm liking the thing but the included rda leaves a bit to be desired, with plastic cap and misplaced airflow slots. The only issue with the bottom feeder concept I see is the single 18650. Maybe someone will come out with a 26650...
its long but i just screwed it in all the way- problem solved.
also fatdaddyvapes sells generic pins in packs of three that work also.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
First off, finally some Squonk related posts again!

I agree, either a regulated (w/ all the TC modes) double 18650, although they might get too large for a comfy grip, or a 26650. In addition, it would be nice to see some affordable DNA200 Squonk mods.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
its long but i just screwed it in all the way- problem solved.
also fatdaddyvapes sells generic pins in packs of three that work also.
That's a good option with a deeper juice well, it won't suck as much juice back, leaving more juice in the well.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I certainly wish I could find even a decent 100 watt squonk mod. I have several GDNA-40's, but even those cost a fortune for what they are.

I ordered a DNA-200 squonker from Catfish, but they won't be finished for a few more weeks, they're not cheap either.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The most beautiful I have ever seen. If I bought one, they would find my inert body the next day and have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. Just mentioning it was good enough to get "The Look"...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The most beautiful I have ever seen. If I bought one, they would find my inert body the next day and have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. Just mentioning it was good enough to get "The Look"...
For a master piece like shown on the website, I'd be willing to pay that much money.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you do like "inspects" did and buy a pair there would probably be a discount involved. I tried to explain the advantages of this, but realized it was falling on deaf ears and gave it up....:(

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would love a piece like that, its a beautiful mod! Unfortunately, I would need to have a dna or an sx board in it. The wood work is STUNNING!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
8d287c92c4a29c83111636b0833db36d.jpg

5d47cefc91ac83f88d3474f6263157ac.jpg

d9df62bab7fffa432eda58da28ad7112.jpg

My VR 26650. Worth every penny

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
On the dual 18650 VR mods, if you flipped polarity on one of the batteries would it run in serial? My ignorance of simple electrical circuitry is alarming, I know :question:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll be getting my first squonker soon. It should arrive by Saturday. Nothing fancy, but I'm really excited about it.
I bet you'll like it...can't beat the flavor a dripper can put out with any other setup.

Plus the 5-7 mls of juice aboard, not removing the top cap to drip....squonkers are the best mods available, just wish there was a better selection at decent prices.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll be getting my first squonker soon. It should arrive by Saturday. Nothing fancy, but I'm really excited about it.

Well, what mod are you getting? All I have is a dripbox, but I have seen the light. :bliss:Going to pair that with a Velocity mini for the time being as I contemplate the correct move up.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, what mod are you getting? All I have is a dripbox, but I have seen the light. :bliss:Going to pair that with a Velocity mini for the time being as I contemplate the correct move up.
As mentioned previously, the dripbox could use a better RDA. I'm planning on putting one of my Hastur V2 RDA on it. I have the Tobeco Velocity Mini on my Steam Crave Squonker, with a 0.4 Ohm single vertical Clapton coil @ 60W. Love it!

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
How does the Hastur V2 compare to the Velocity Mini? I see gearbest has them on sale for $15. If it wasn't gearbest would jump on it, but had trouble on my last 2 orders from them. Had to open disputes thru pay pal to get them to send the items. :cuss2:

Vape605

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

A Kanger Dripbox. It arrived today. :vapemail:Just started playing with it.

As mentioned previously, the dripbox could use a better RDA. I'm planning on putting one of my Hastur V2 RDA on it. I have the Tobeco Velocity Mini on my Steam Crave Squonker, with a 0.4 Ohm single vertical Clapton coil @ 60W. Love it!

I'll have to look in to those. Thanks. :cheers:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I had read that the Kanger boxes were slow on the ramp up, and the Dripbox is no exception. I hit the fire button a good 3 seconds before starting to take a hit. It would probably do better with a single wire coil, I have a high gauge 30/36 fused clapton in it. The coils it came installed with had 3 wraps, didn't even try them, they got tossed.

VU Sponsors