Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a question:
Never used a squonker, but I am getting one (won it) It's the Ijoy Capo Squonk kit.
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY-CAPO-Squonker-Kit-100W.html

I use tanks at .50 ohms at 50 - 70 watts. Innokin Scion and Big Baby Beast currently
If the RDA I get with the kit isn't that good (don't know, just guessing) which squonking RDA do people reccomend?
Pulse 22 or 24 are good. Wasp is as well, Hmmm that's all I know since I got a Haku I havnt got anything to better then those lol!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I prefer a lot of airflow, should have mentioned that:)

Wasp Nano is supposed to be a real bang for the buck in the single coil category

Tsunami is airy as all get out, but can be leaky

Druga by Augvape is an amazing little double coil device, and of course an old favorite, the Goon

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a question:
Never used a squonker, but I am getting one (won it) It's the Ijoy Capo Squonk kit.

I use tanks at .50 ohms at 50 - 70 watts. Innokin Scion and Big Baby Beast currently
If the RDA I get with the kit isn't that good (don't know, just guessing) which squonking RDA do people reccomend?

If you prefer single coil I’d second the Pulse 22 and Wasp Nano. I’d also add the B2K, Entheon, or Hadaly for some higher priced options. You can get a great vape off of all of them at .5 ohms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That above mentioned Pulse gets pretty airy.
Or you could find yourself a BF Goon. Solid RDA...
(never tried the "LP Goon," but it doesn't get great feedback like the original form)

Love the flavor on the LP - its smooth as fuck but has two big minuses - it doesn't drain at all, and the clamps just don't like anything more than single wire for very long

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
stumpy if you can get one

derringer v3 if you can't [there is no original v3, it is a clone of something that doesn't exist]
Who still has the Derringer V3?
I got one from FT but they have not had them in a long time.
Take the inner sleeve out and those little suckers will rock.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks comfy in the hand. And with a red hardware, should look okay. Still, way too much for me to drop on a mod. Especially during Christmas

limelight mods have always been ergonomic since their pipe days

wax finished wood in particular

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Happy Saturday Bonks!
Hope everyone is having a chill holiday weekend, I'm in full on lounge mode on the couch.. chihuahua on my lap & new squonker just in arms reach, a surprise gift in the mail yesterday (another Pulse and a Pulse22) ..built er up and is vaping nice, although still feels like a happy meal toy to me.
Had some fun yesterday shopping, picked up some nice Christmas prezzies and a Dotsquonk for myself. Was hard not to go kinda crazy but saving my nickels for that new Le Supersonic.
Just wanted to say hello & enjoy yer leftovers, playing catch up a bit... can't believe Christmas time is already here.. favorite time of the year for me!
:confetti:

Cheers mates
; ))

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So Haku is going out on Monday. Wonder what comes first: haku or caps

Also apparently cracked my black cap for my B2K ;_;

As for airy rda, goon is a good one, so is the Armageddon. I’ll say the CSMNT/Conspiracy

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was WRONG! FT still has the derringer V3 in Red and green, all other colors/finishes are discontinued.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So Haku is going out on Monday. Wonder what comes first: haku or caps

Also apparently cracked my black cap for my B2K ;_;

As for airy rda, goon is a good one, so is the Armageddon. I’ll say the CSMNT/Conspiracy

it wont go out Monday...Casey is slow as fuck...He will start packaging Monday, I'd be surprised if he mails any out by Wednesday/Thursday lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must be confused I could have sworn you wrote that it was grey.

My Grey Wednesday Dripbox 2 I ordered showed up today :)

Yep ^^^ Grey ^^^
Grey Wednsday not grey Dripbox2....
Comes before Black Friday.

so had I said 'My Black Friday Dripbox2' you would have thought it was black?

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it wont go out Monday...Casey is slow as fuck...He will start packaging Monday, I'd be surprised if he mails any out by Wednesday/Thursday lol

Like I said, it’s going to be a race to see what gets here first, the caps (which will go out Wednesday or so) or the haku

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quit buying out Kato. I might want one simply for the notion of having one as a last resort, well fine because they look all spiffy and get my sticker pecking up and stuff. ;) :) Hm, think I still have a stainless steel tube for hm, a Kanger Aerotank 2 tank and bits for it ... somewhere ... *puzzled & bemused look* it might look nice in/on Kato.

Rethinking it, no I don't have that tank any more. Think it got broken beyond repair, the airflow ring separated from the base in the wrong manner. There was probably no proper manner. Could not get the post from from the afc to fit back into the base. Might have needed solder or braising & to me that seemed too much effort for the product. It was a reasonable tank, though, I'm not a tank fan any more so now as when I used them.
When my Innokin Axiom broke I went and got full on (Hulk Rage) angry.

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Caps Available now for pocket clear , utlem and blk ,
3240e5588793be46a52edb0467702454.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lil change in the Haku today. 28.3.36 4wrap 3mm n80 Alien. Was to end up at like .27 but ended up .30 I probably stretched the cores a tad much *shrug

I don't spin wire to straighten, I grab 2 pliers and pull/stretch them.

sorry not a macro shot...pita to remove my battery case to attach the lens lol

81d794809510cb8433f2162dcb935a80.jpg

Vaping nicely though.

I'm all over the place trying coils in this thing and have 3 types of coils that work great for me...spun up the Alien due to the fused being in their for 2 weeks ( could of gone months, the fused looked as gunky as this new alien )

Things a guy does bored on a Saturday when the wife is shopping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks really nice. I too am playing with winding up Aliens, same gauges & wire type as you actually. *chuckles* Also helped FIL as he ran the chainsaw today, on some of the second load of logs he had brought in yesterday. Got a bit snookered too, had to bring down another cart load of firewood for here at the house. Need to try the wire I spun up as a coil. Not actually building right atm, got a few good coils in and going to run them as long as I can.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oups, I thought I was done with the sales & then got a reminder from Om, totally forgot about them in all the madness.
Welp... all set in the juice department for awhile ...and now I have some emergency 'oh sh!t I totally forgot about them' gifts at the ready!
o_O

IMG_6052.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a question:

Well, I have a few suggestions. First you might like the Velocity V2. FastTech has clones affordably. I'm also using a Gorge which FastTech has affordably priced authentic. The Velocity V2 does offer a variety of airflow options and has a nice roomy build deck. :) I started building on one of those. A Goon is another good choice for airflow. Well, that's probably plenty suggestions & others might have other suggestions. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
(never tried the "LP Goon," but it doesn't get great feedback like the original form)
The LPs are alright but they're different for sure. The regular Goons got three holes on each side. the LPs got a big long slit on two sides and you twist the top cap for afc. You can do well but it takes a bit to hone in your preferred air flow.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Never did get a good vape from those Velocity clones - but they used to be the only inexpensive squonk option period

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never did get a good vape from those Velocity clones - but they used to be the only inexpensive squonk option period

I still recall how the reviewers raved on how great the Velocity RDA was.
Such great flavor and clouds for daze.

LOL

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cripes dude - you got that instead of squonkomania????

The time and date aren't even right!

Lol I wanted a new phone, but let’s be honest if I see something I want I’ll still buy it and just get yelled at. Thankfully she hasn’t checked the bank yet since she’s in Montreal..... I paid full retail for it since I don’t do contracts.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd be interested in what benefit they give also I'm no the fence about ordering a couple of Sanyo Bs I vape around 0.4

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Working great for me at .3ohm - .4ohm.
As good of a hit (if not better) and much more life than lg hg2's

VU Sponsors