Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the original Kanger Squonk isn't it?
Is that the atty that came with it?

Looks like a Velocity?

Yeah it's a velocity, the original atty that came with it was the same as the db2 atty minus the mtl air hole.
It didn't come with the better post either. But it's still a nice little reliable squonk. It maxes out at 60w

Edit: found the original atty
12f45bef0d88b24805219016e8b91fc6.jpg

Sent from the Twilight Zone!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it's a velocity, the original atty that came with it was the same as the db2 atty minus the mtl air hole.
It didn't come with the better post either. But it's still a nice little reliable squonk. It maxes out at 60w

Sent from the Twilight Zone!
I actually use and like the Dripbox attys. Topcap/tip kinda sucks but if you build and raise the coils up to the air slots they vape as good as a Velocity to me. Never even tried the factory coil assemblies though. Knew they would suck from looking at them.

Do like the white though :)

good guys vape white?

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have you tried a different camera app? Idk if that's even a thing with Apple but I know sometimes you have to get different ones with android.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No,I haven’t. Don’t use the phone much for pics so haven’t looked

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is regulated it has a chip and safety features like the Pico Squeeze.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Has safety features but you cannot adjust voltage or wattage.
Just put out pretty much whatever the battery voltage is.
May be limited to a max current shutdown and to a minimum resistance and low battery shutdown but that Is pretty much it.
A smart Mosfet mod.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is regulated it has a chip and safety features like the Pico Squeeze.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
I guess the better term would be that it is protected rather than regulated. A regulated mod, the way most people see it, allows the user to increase/decrease wattage and otherwise modify parameters. What Pico and its brethren do is protect the user and the battery and limit wattage. The user can, to some degree, determine what wattage they will vape at by increasing/decreasing the coil's resistance.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think I am going to be drifting towards mosfet mods.
Less maintenance and more reliable in their hitting power.
I got into the MOSFET side of vaping when I bought the dual series mod. It wasn't cheap, but well worth the price. Since then I bought a single battery one and have another on order.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got into the MOSFET side of vaping when I bought the dual series mod. It wasn't cheap, but we'l worth the price. Since then I bought a single battery one and have another on order.
Just me but I will be going with single battery mods for the most part.
Dual regulated are ok but bigger than I prefer.

Been looking seriously at the Geekvape dual regulated squonker.
But really cannot see any real advantage for me over the Dripbox 160. Might just get another one of those.
They do come in white :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just me but I will be going with single battery mods for the most part.
Dual regulated are ok but bigger than I prefer.

Been looking seriously at the Geekvape dual regulated squonker.
But really cannot see any real advantage for me over the Dripbox 160. Might just get another one of those.
They do come in white :)
About the only real advantage I can see it having over the DB 160 is if the TC works well on it. They are about the same price, similar format, the single door is a love it or hate it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About the only real advantage I can see it having over the DB 160 is if the TC works well on it. They are about the same price, similar format, the single door is a love it or hate it.
And since I am satisfied with the TC on the DB160 although I never use it any more.
TC was just for my squonk training phase in case I forgot to sqounk :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wowzer...I think I need to rethink my labeling on my DIY lol

Picked up a 15ml tester and on the lil label it says, Stb Inw-Cr-me ya know thinking its Strawberry Inawera Cream...NOOO!

Its Strawberry Cream menthol...

I picked it out, popped the cap, did a lil squeeze sniff and was like, Ok this smells great... New Coil, New Cotton on the Pico, filled the bottle...primed the coils and even then I was like, yeah baby this smells fucking awesome!!!

Take a vape...SURPRISE! MOTHERFUCKAH!

Cleared out my sinuses LOL

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to use AVS before I got into building coils... pretty decent coils. Tad on the expensive side.

I would buy the 3.5mm max wrap ( used to be 10 wraps) ones, then make them 2.5s and less wraps and get more coils for the cost ;)

From what I've seen/been told, they source the wire USA or UK. Whenever possible I will purchase products made here even if it costs a bit more. Just my phobia but I can't trust, or use to inhale, most anything from China. Been twisting wire for awhile, and although I can make all this stuff myself, sometimes time constraints get in the way especially during summer. And I can vouch for AVS, all products I have purchased have been top quality, delivered in a timely manner, and several times have received a bonus item to boot. Fine USA company imho....

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Bonkers, just a heads up in case you’re interested. I have an iPV D2 up for trade in the classies... looking for a tiny mod for some MTL tanks. I don’t visit any other threads anymore so I thought I’d throw this out there for my ohmies first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@Train the 510 adapter arrived...here are a few pics

02ee640ea6a5804f75750717da9152da.jpg

3edb25b1988af1a5dbc87a3bfc9b574c.jpg
fde0cab8b7d12fbbd7252ed0822b46d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After mucho grief - got my "on the way" notification today for those flipping adaptors

I almost put up a "hey, anyone want in on this" post - after all the BS am so thankful I did not :p

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After mucho grief - got my "on the way" notification today for those flipping adaptors

I almost put up a "hey, anyone want in on this" post - after all the BS am so thankful I did not :p

buy something from Signature Tips & mail me an Entheon drip tip

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got both Flave22 and Entheon working, sporting fabulous $3 Fasttech 810 driptips, by just trying different O-rings 'til I found one that fit.
Happy with both.

flave and entheon.jpg
But the Flave22 airflow is more my daily desire - I want another, but I'm kinda holding out to see if
a) I can get a Haku instead, or
b) If there's a Titanium someone wants to sell off

I mean, I like the Entheon...I'm keeping it...I'm just not gonna get a 2nd...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got both Flave22 and Entheon working, sporting fabulous $3 Fasttech 810 driptips, by just trying different O-rings 'til I found one that fit.
Happy with both.

View attachment 97036
But the Flave22 airflow is more my daily desire - I want another, but I'm kinda holding out to see if

I'd be willing to let go my Ti, but it would be for a Haku Cruiser ;)

Some dude in Canada on List 10 has a cruiser he would swap, but that is some nutty shipping to pay from both of us.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd be willing to let go my Ti, but it would be for a Haku Cruiser ;)

Some dude in Canada on List 10 has a cruiser he would swap, but that is some nutty shipping to pay from both of us.
Hold on to that flav ti i have a cruiser and phenom comein and if i dont like well mabey we talk

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
3bb2b169715f31d1d49e022d65357dfc.jpg

Southern California skies @9:30a

Edit: My buddy who lives in Vermont... I told him after we were making fun of each others States...

I'll just add a reminder to Siri to snap a picture of me in my flip flops and shorts in February Grilling steaks and send it to you with an Ice cold beer in hand.

Sent from my iPhone 42 using Tapatalk
Check my last post again

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Happy with both.

View attachment 97036

I used to love the 22 airflow but now I only open 1 hole halfway. Gotta get another atty even after I get the B2k.

VU Sponsors