Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I marked that one off the list.5ml bottle that is on the small side,and Mark Todd confirmed that you can't fit another bottle in it.He tried a modmaker bottle,and it was to big to fit.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Which one has the 5 ml bottle?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stolen from a post on ECR.

http://www.3fvape.com/vv-vw-mod/199...w-squonk-box-mod-black-red-2-x-18650-8ml.html

No idea on the quality yet as there aren't any reviews (the original GBOX wasn't great), but hopefully it's good, as the Aegis is. I'd recommend not pre-ordering though, especially from Chinese vendors.

Use code MAP19952 to make it cheaper.
Made me look! It's $66 and change but if you use the MAP code they show once you have it in the cart, it drops the price to $44

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, just got my first Squonk, an Athena. Been a few days and yeah I’m pretty bonkers over it! damn I have been missing out. I’m using my drivers less and less ... I think I got the squonk big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me too, had the urge and grabbed one locally and loving it so far. Already loaded up a cart at eciggity with about $200 worth of squonk stuff in anticipation of Black Friday.

Note to self... remember where you found that Vanilla Bourbon recipe and make 500mls of it lol

Link? I love me any sort of bourbon recipe.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do. Great time saver & stupid easy to work if you’re looking for claptons and all it’s variants. More complex wire that needs finesse and it’s a bit worthless as you’re just using the drill.

Edit: and buy the new version as the original was real peculiar in what spools it wanted to work without breaking the spool to get it to fit
Thanks, a new one it is then!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More like the RX200, oookaayyy, Drone too. But unlike the Drone, this one is a front squonk. Looks one hell of a lot like the Kanger DB 160, even looks like the same bottles too.
Yeah and you cannot put the bottles in while holding it upside down to keep the batteries from falling out...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like you have to refill the squonk bottle with the Gbox upside down or dump your batteries....
Kinda defeats the 2 batteries aspect...
I tend to replace my single battery squonker batteries when I fill my bottle.
Usually only get another 1/2 bottle on a battery anyway.
Gawd I'm brain-dead today it seems.remind me of your standard setup again.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And you can use the 2x700 batteries in it too! About the same price as the GeekVape one!
Yeah my main fault with it. Bigger for no reason since I plan on sticking with 18650 batteries.
Ordered 4 VTC5A batteries today $5.50 Each. Backordered but for that price I can wait.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Strange problem.
Having trouble finding any Vale stuff that I am interested in buying...

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Can you take the button apart to clean. I watched a review he griped about fire button hard to push can't remember who it was

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
I believe you can but the fire button is just semi firm not hard to push by any means. Imo guess I'll have to remove some of these screws and see what I can get to inside.
I think the screws on the flat panel go to the button and contacts.
9fdcf0e59c04c72faef4a82e0d0b7a4f.jpg
f13c8b21d5a10c22fedb1e1e654f1c04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okayyy, wrapping up work and thought I'd pop in for a quick catch-up.. how in the fcuk didja all manage 5 pages worth in one day?!
We're just a bunch of Chatty Kathy's with verbal diarrhea I guess.
Feeling like I just worked out on a treadmill.
Please this is nothing my wife's stepmother has been know to leave 20 minute long messages on answering machines.I witnessed her once non-stop talk for 3½ hours.
My take on the latest from Bonkersville:
I'm totally stealing that phrase...Cheers!
@mt01631 is most definitely the infamous Todd and needs to do a review of that godawful mech-tube bottle fuksquonk craptatchment ...aka 'Strap this on your Able and get yer ass kicked in under 2 minutes' #OuchBroOuch
I'm still not convinced he's Todd...Sorry!
@AndriaD has said 'Achilles' now even more times than @BrewBear has said 'Nuppin'
Holy fuckballs
@MyMagicMist needs to write a sequel to 'On The Road'
Oh I agree on that 1000% and I'd want a signed copy.
@Bardiel003 has a penis that looks like a Berserker, or @JuicyLucy 's nipples.. or vice-versa
Now that was funny!
@snake94115 is all caught up.
Well I was...Cheers!
And so am I.
Huzzah!
Weird kisses & awkward hugs to y'all
TGIF muthafukkas!!
Ta and good hunting!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow. Looks like I’m done building... once I finish my wire spooks anyway! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used to use AVS before I got into building coils... pretty decent coils. Tad on the expensive side.

I would buy the 3.5mm max wrap ( used to be 10 wraps) ones, then make them 2.5s and less wraps and get more coils for the cost ;)

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Any of you folks use the Daedalus contraption to make your fused claptons?
I use a drill/swivel and a 1$ spool tamer, with the spool tamer you just need one hand to hold the trigger on the drill once you get it
started, the spool tamer makes the spool travel down the cores wrapping perfect claptons. Moved up to a high RPM plug in drill, can clapton 18” of core wires in like 30 seconds lol.
Note to self... remember where you found that Vanilla Bourbon recipe and make 500mls of it lol
500ml batches is the way to go, easier than making small batches because of using scales or graduated beakers and not messing with syringes anymore. You can pick up a plastic graduated beaker set from nic river or cheaper from eBay like 5$. 500 ml lasts me around 2-2.5 months, beats making juice every week.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty certain @So619Cal only does the DYI thing

Actually I do buy commercial juice also when there are killer deals.

Like The Sauce LA .99 30ml sale they had last year... Think I bought nearly 1600ml worth...$1 is cheaper than I can make lol

But generally yes I make my own 95% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use a drill/swivel and a 1$ spool tamer, with the spool tamer you just need one hand to hold the trigger on the drill once you get it
started, the spool tamer makes the spool travel down the cores wrapping perfect claptons. Moved up to a high RPM plug in drill, can clapton 18" of core wires in like 30 seconds lol.

Curse you Red Baron! I am still using vice grip pliers, turning Claptons, regular, Fused, alien all by hand. Of course, after this evening of snapping wire out the eye teeth I may settle to only do up twisted wire for the nonce.

Hey, @DogMan I guess I do not know a thing about mechs at all. Some other person has spent well over $2000 just this year on mechs. I've only spent maybe around $150 to maybe $200 in two years on mechs. Seems I at least know to look for affordable deals, even if clones and authentic mixed. Awe well, guess being poor also limits your knowledge and or I am a spammer ban me. Odd how that works, ... excuse me going to muse over an issue regarding a metaphorical argument regarding myths and ancient gods.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well it was either this or nothing.

Huh? Nothing might work unless you shaved your legs again. I hate that, I loose traction. ;)

Signed copy? I'll get you three but don't tell me I did it, the author me can be a prick about shit like that. All the millions he makes you'd think he'd afford buying me a new home, but oh no, got to pimp out all the me clones as gigolos.

Now, I need to look up that book so I can write myself into a corner. :)

Last edited:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the Hotcig RSQ is the real deal. It is a small, solid well built squonk that makes the VT Inbox look bad. It is all of 79 mm in height. Tiny for a regulated. Sadly it is not 20700 ( I have three mech 20700 squonks I love) but still ... btw, that is a B2K on top. I have two.

rsq.jpg

VU Sponsors