Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Because I'm working with severely limited funds.
By the way are you part of the (Clone Police)?
Or just an asshole who likes to tell others how to spend their money?

Everyone here has been trying to help you spend those limited funds wisely

What good is it to save money when you get no value for it because what you got doesn't perform or fails quickly due to shoddy quality?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yall seen the dovpo armour mod yet? It's ugly as sin but looks awsome otherwise. Works like a pico squeeze but dual battery up to 130w. No screen, just battery indicator light.

Kit versions are up on FT now with an interesting single coil RDA.
If the had any other color options for the Armour I'd get it.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uh oh. Hold on, before the rants from clone police starts. Let me grab my vape and popcorn lol. And I agree. You pay for what you get. Sometimes clones get it right (near similar to flavor/clouds so to speak) so if that's the case, why bother pay for so much? Sometimes if the hype is real then sure, but besides that though, It's all machined. I have some clones that work near perfect to the authentics but shit I don't complain about it. I buy what I see seems fitting. Mods on the other hand is another story. But if you have the money, go right ahead. But if someone wants to buy a clone for some other particular reason? Who cares, so long they are happy and gives us a review on it that's great enough for me.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reading both of these comments Im pretty sure there's only 1 asshole in this convo? Well 2 now if you count me. Sounds to me like he was just giving his opinion and you took offence.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone here has been trying to help you spend those limited funds wisely

What good is it to save money when you get no value for it because what you got doesn't perform or fails quickly due to shoddy quality?
I've got exactly $40 to spend on this first setup thus my first squonk setup will have to be dirt cheap period or I'm pretty sure my wife will get very very angry.
Ever see an Irish Redhead Woman that is angry?
No thanks I'd rather go hunt for spiders and I think we all know how I feel about those...Cheers!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Understood.
Not at all, never have been or ever will be.
Rest assured I won't darken any of your fucking posts again.
welcome-mat.jpg

By the way my daughter bought me that...Cheers!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Grab the Pico Squeeze and Yftk Haku clone

Looks like a good kit recommendation. :) I'll file that under pasta recipes for sure. ;)

Erstwhile, today I did something productive relating to vaping. I am quite proud of myself yet still rather humbled by the experience. I wrapped a fused Clapton coil wire up, used 28 awg Kanthal *2 for the core and 30 awg Kanthal as the wrap. I did it up by hand, without the use of tools save a pair of vice grip pliers. I looked at a similar coil on FastTech to get a comparison of the wire. It looks close enough for government work, imho. Might post pictures later. For now, union break. :) Need to eat something, getting the shakies.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reading both of these comments Im pretty sure there's only 1 asshole in this convo? Well 2 now if you count me. Sounds to me like he was just giving his opinion and you took offence.

Read how you want.
Meep Meep

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got exactly $40 to spend on this first setup thus my first squonk setup will have to be dirt cheap period or I'm pretty sure my wife will get very very angry.
Ever see an Irish Redhead Woman that is angry?
No thanks I'd rather go hunt for spiders and I think we all know how I feel about those...Cheers!
Ok wraith mod. 30$ (plus or minus for shipping) rda is meh but doable. And atty clone at that should totally it up.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like a good kit recommendation. :) I'll file that under pasta recipes for sure. ;)

Erstwhile, today I did something productive relating to vaping. I am quite proud of myself yet still rather humbled by the experience. I wrapped a fused Clapton coil wire up, used 28 awg Kanthal *2 for the core and 30 awg Kanthal as the wrap. I did it up by hand, without the use of tools save a pair of vice grip pliers. I looked at a similar coil on FastTech to get a comparison of the wire. It looks close enough for government work, imho. Might post pictures later. For now, union break. :) Need to eat something, getting the shakies.
Dude go eat.
Bad sign..Shaking like that in this heat.- (Riddick to Johns - Pitch Black)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok wraith mod. 30$ (plus or minus for shipping) rda is meh but doable. And atty clone at that should totally it up.
Something like that.
I still have a few bucks left in my PayPal too.Hopefully it will not come to that.I been holding onto that fin for a couple years now.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Something like that.
I still have a few bucks left in my PayPal too.Hopefully it will not come to that.I been holding onto that fin for a couple years now.
Interested in a switcheroo? Instead of the other mesh I have a ceto just sitting here collecting dust. Ill sell it to you for free, if you dont mind that it's authentic? Jk LOL cbcd5655c0bdcf3ba379c51420a9b30b78ef0c29bd85cda5fcc52c7df6ce32a9.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice! I’m STILL waiting for my invoice from Allen for the B2K... I’m totally paranoid that my google doc didn’t go through lol. I wish he would have just tagged everyone in a post and have us his PayPal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Allen PMed me.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My guess would be none of the above, just a person who doesn’t understand a grown ass man not being “allowed” to spend 14$.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Someone wanted a Steam Rabbit. If you don't mind a pre-order, it's $148.70 at Mojo Vapor with JetLagSux coupon (works on everything)

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The Authentic VV Mesh RDA is only $23 (from FT with MAP code), why would you even consider a $9 piece of junk? In the past I have found "Styled" versions of already low priced gear to be the dregs of the clone world.

Just curious?
Strange I've found the opposite, especially Vandy Vape stuff. The clones I have bought of the Icon and Govad were so identical to the original ones that I find it hard to believe that they weren't made in the exact same facility using the same materials only thing different was the box looked crap.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
.07 on 5A's in triple parallel wouldn't even get the batteries abnormally warm. ( 252w @ 4.2v (60a))

I built my AV Able today, saw it sitting there... polished it up...made some dual coils for the Goon...slapped one of my 5As in...yeah not my thing anymore...building the way I used to. Slapped in some simple dual Aliens at .09...almost choked on how hot it was lol...and that used to be my daily way of vaping. First few rips and was like, yup no more building low for this guy...no need, although the cloudbroclouds was fun to see but got over that real fast.
I was accounting for internal resistance and leaving a 25% amperage overhead on cells # 2 & 3 in case the batteries discharge unevenly and used specs for the new 30A 1800mAh 18650. 30A x 2.5 = 75A max. 4.2V / 75A = 0.056 ohm minimum safe resistance.

Most meters don't show that many digits so just bump that to 0.06 ohm target resistance for an extra bit of safety headroom. Three 15 milli-ohm internal resistances in parallel yields 5 milli-ohm net battery resistance for 0.065 ohm circuit resistance.

Now we're in the meat and potatoes numbers. Actual circuit amps should be 4.2V / 0.065 Ohm = 64.62A. The voltage at the coil should be 0.06 x 64.62A = 3.877V and the coil wattage is the product of those two, so 250.51W

At those kinds of amperage, connection resistances are going to be killer, but that of course depends on mod and atomizer.

But again, a Wheatstone bridge is thousands of dollars, normal meters are neither accurate not precise enough for the job, so without a good measurement option I'm just not comfortable building that low.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was accounting for internal resistance and leaving a 25% amperage overhead on cells # 2 & 3 in case the batteries discharge unevenly and used specs for the new 30A 1800mAh 18650. 30A x 2.5 = 75A max. 4.2V / 75A = 0.056 ohm minimum safe resistance.

Most meters don't show that many digits so just bump that to 0.06 ohm target resistance for an extra bit of safety headroom. Three 15 milli-ohm internal resistances in parallel yields 5 milli-ohm net battery resistance for 0.065 ohm circuit resistance.

Now we're in the meat and potatoes numbers. Actual circuit amps should be 4.2V / 0.065 Ohm = 64.62A. The voltage at the coil should be 0.06 x 64.62A = 3.877V and the coil wattage is the product of those two, so 250.51W

At those kinds of amperage, connection resistances are going to be killer, but that of course depends on mod and atomizer.

But again, a Wheatstone bridge is thousands of dollars, normal meters are neither accurate not precise enough for the job, so without a good measurement option I'm just not comfortable building that low.
Yeah but at that current you will get more like 3.8 volts tops out of a great fully charged 18650 battery.
Only way to accurately calculate real mech wattage is to measure voltage across the coil posts while firing.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hi guys sorry been out for mealy about a week. But have anyone seen the Ijoy squonk mod? Seen a video of it (not a review) from one of the you tuber. And I'm just about to order that damn mod w/ 20700 battery from 3fvape! Oo
Yup, a couple videos out now I think, but launch got moved back to November 20th

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bad sign..Shaking like that in this heat.- (Riddick to Johns - Pitch Black)

Yep, agree. It's why I'm swapping medicines around to avoid taking an opioid pain medication. A few visits in hospital I was given morphine as well. I understand it dissipates and goes through your system. Don't want to have to keep chasing that dragon. I'll use it but only sparingly so this shell's physiology doesn't get the hunger.

You know, you supposed to be some slick-shit killer. Now look at you... all back-of-the-bus and shit. (Toombs to Riddick - The Chronicles of Riddick)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah but at that current you will get more like 3.8 volts tops out of a great fully charged 18650 battery.
Only way to accurately calculate real mech wattage is to measure voltage across the coil posts while firing.

I get what you guys are saying....more or less, but there is no written requirement that you HAVE to build that low! If I really wanted to vape something that low, I'd put it on a G2!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get what you guys are saying....more or less, but there is no written requirement that you HAVE to build that low! If I really wanted to vape something that low, I'd put it on a G2!
The actual wattage on a mech comes into play at more reasonable coil resistances as well. I vape around .25 in my sqounk attys with 25R batteries. calcualting at 4.2 that works out to ~70W. My actual wattage is more like 45-50 with a fully charged 25R.
Granted they are about a year old but even new they will drop to around 3.7 volts with an 18 amp load.

VU Sponsors