Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah and 1 more thing.

After much debate and careful consideration.I have decided I'm either going to get a (Wraith Kit) or a (GeekVape Athena BF Kit) as my first squonk setup.
Thank you all so much for the help and encouragement...Cheers!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah and 1 more thing.

After much debate and careful consideration.I have decided I'm either going to get a (Wraith Kit) or a (GeekVape Athena BF Kit) as my first squonk setup.
Thank you all so much for the help and encouragement...Cheers!
As it was already said, one is made by YFTK ( good quality) and the other by SteamTribe, a newcomer to the market. Both are Haku Styled:cheers:
As far as the Athena BF , you are aware it is a mech, right?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
As it was already said, one is made by YFTK ( good quality) and the other by SteamTribe, a newcomer to the market. Both are Haku Styled:cheers:

Steam Tribe has actually been around awhile - just don't see them talked about a lot

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
250W very possible with the right batteries and build with some overhead to spare. I just can't feel comfortable building so low since no meter is going to be that accurate with such a small resistance.

If they come out with a series version it may be my first mech squonk.

.07 on 5A's in triple parallel wouldn't even get the batteries abnormally warm. ( 252w @ 4.2v (60a))

I built my AV Able today, saw it sitting there... polished it up...made some dual coils for the Goon...slapped one of my 5As in...yeah not my thing anymore...building the way I used to. Slapped in some simple dual Aliens at .09...almost choked on how hot it was lol...and that used to be my daily way of vaping. First few rips and was like, yup no more building low for this guy...no need, although the cloudbroclouds was fun to see but got over that real fast.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now its time for a molly and a cloak but are they really any diffrent than the squonks i already have my bio and orca have silver contacts ect so what is really diff besides looks and wants

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

c6837a93f4ce9eccfbf7b193d8d04f01.jpg

You want a Mölly, like the one pictured with the Flave 22 Ti with blue stab door and blue Juma door

Don't mind the clear door one with the Haku that's my lil ray of sunshine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One is a YFTK clone, the other a generic clone
My hunch would be for the YFTK if you are actually considering a purchase
Thanks
As it was already said, one is made by YFTK ( good quality) and the other by SteamTribe, a newcomer to the market. Both are Haku Styled
Yes very aware but I like the way it looks over a few others I saw at that price range.Plus if I recall (Vaping with Vic) said the Atty was a decent 1.Unlike most of the crap 1's that come with squonk kits.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BrewBear just trying to keep the initial expense down.

Had to go back and read through stuff...

Imo for your first Squonk you can't go wrong with the $17 pico squeeze.

Pair that with the Haku and you have a decent set up for under $40.

Can even get that initial price lower if you decide on the plethora of other sub $20 attys available.

02b4be87d108cec2aa984d505e7b3f4e.jpg

Here is a PS with a Haku...the PS has a wrap on it.

I think that set up is sexy.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get it and respect that. Listen to @JuicyLucy 's advice/opinions, the lady really knows her stuff. Most often I look just for the mod, it is a few bucks cheaper and get a different atty. If she tells you the atty is crap, odds are that it is......depending on our vaping style.
So far my fave tanks are the Innokin iSub using 0.5 ohm coils and the Asvape Cobra with the Ni80 0.5 ohm coils.Not sure what that would translate to in an RDA/RSA.
But my best guess would be a pre-made nothing fancy single coil 0.5 ohm Clapton.And running it around 28 to 32 watts.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to go back and read through stuff...

Imo for your first Squonk you can't go wrong with the $17 pico squeeze.

Pair that with the Haku and you have a decent set up for under $40.

Can even get that initial price lower if you decide on the plethora of other sub $20 attys available.

02b4be87d108cec2aa984d505e7b3f4e.jpg

Here is a PS with a Haku...the PS has a wrap on it.

I think that set up is sexy.

There's another 1 I keep thinking about too.
And I just spotted the Mesh RDA for like $9 at FastTech.
Which would bring the cost to about $26.
Lots of options and I keep wanting to get that damn Wraith...FFS!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The Wraith mod squonks very well - until the door frame on the bottom starts to detach and you can no longer fire the mod

Had two of them crap out in a few months time due to this issue. While it vapes nicely, it falls apart to an unusable condition quickly

And yes, the atty is total crap

Vape that Mesh on it, Brewski says it rocks :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That was in on my list already.But I'm getting that (Mesh RDA clone) first.

There are plenty of cheap Squonk combos available, just not many you can get as a kit.

I'll make a deal with you. Grab the Pico Squeeze and Yftk Haku clone...if you find its not your cup of tea I'll buy if from you less shipping cost. Catch being...the Pico must be Black or Silver.

Almost a money back guarantee

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
11th nov is big china sales day. Shipping will be backlogged, so expect china orders around xmas for what would usually be a week or 2.

But vt inbox for cheap vw.
Coppervape for cheap mech
Somar 505 for affordable series or parallel mech.

RDAs as others have said

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Wraith mod squonks very well - until the door frame on the bottom starts to detach and you can no longer fire the mod

Had two of them crap out in a few months time due to this issue. While it vapes nicely, it falls apart to an unusable condition quickly

And yes, the atty is total crap

Vape that Mesh on it, Brewski says it rocks :)
Looks like I'll be putting the Wraith on the back burner.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are plenty of cheap Squonk combos available, just not many you can get as a kit.

I'll make a deal with you. Grab the Pico Squeeze and Yftk Haku clone...if you find its not your cup of tea I'll buy if from you less shipping cost. Catch being...the Pico must be Black or Silver.

Almost a money back guarantee

Before I do anything I have to talk to my wife.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Idk but the$20 one says it weights120w 27g more Lol odd there'd be that big of a difference in weight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My Authentic Haku weighs in at 37g with coil- juice and a different DT. They probably weighed the total package? rather than just the RSA?

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Authentic VV Mesh RDA is only $23 (from FT with MAP code), why would you even consider a $9 piece of junk? In the past I have found "Styled" versions of already low priced gear to be the dregs of the clone world.

Just curious?

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys sorry been out for mealy about a week. But have anyone seen the Ijoy squonk mod? Seen a video of it (not a review) from one of the you tuber. And I'm just about to order that damn mod w/ 20700 battery from 3fvape! Oo

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also I think my wraith is dieing lol. Firing button is being less and less clicky and more feel like juice is making it sticky inside(giggity) no juice spilled since or anything. But for 30 for a full kit of it and as my first squonker I loved it. In the time being I might go use my Tesla for the time being ^w^. Also.. Does anyone Haku gets a little whistly? I noticed it after sitting out on the patio one evening and it sounds pretty loud to me. Idk maybe I'm over thinking about it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also I think my wraith is dieing lol. Firing button is being less and less clicky and more feel like juice is making it sticky inside(giggity) no juice spilled since or anything. But for 30 for a full kit of it and as my first squonker I loved it. In the time being I might go use my Tesla for the time being ^w^. Also.. Does anyone Haku gets a little whistly? I noticed it after sitting out on the patio one evening and it sounds pretty loud to me. Idk maybe I'm over thinking about it.

My Haku whistles at full open AF, even the slightest closing removes said whistle- But I vape normally with it 3/4 open or almost half open...

Also where the AF ports are I noticed that if I push the cotton away from it a tad when saturated it reduces said whistle at full open...again I was trying to remedy it at full open, although I don't vape it at full open.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Idk but the$20 one says it weights120w 27g more Lol odd there'd be that big of a difference in weight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You're seeing the package weight difference.
The more expensive 1 comes in a little plastic box and contains a few extras thus the added weight.
I dug around today looking for reasons as to that earlier and that seemed to be the consensus.

8917500-6.jpg

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Haku whistles at full open AF, even the slightest closing removes said whistle- But I vape normally with it 3/4 open or almost half open...

Also where the AF ports are I noticed that if I push the cotton away from it a tad when saturated it reduces said whistle at full open...again I was trying to remedy it at full open, although I don't vape it at full open.
With my cruiser might be difficult to push away from the af, but I'll try it. Thanks! Also yeah I'm starting to close off 3/4 - 1/2 way open now these days. The only atty I keep open is my peerless rda. Love everything about it. Just need that ijoy squonk and call it a day with black n gold design lol.

Passafire

Member For 3 Years
Yall seen the dovpo armour mod yet? It's ugly as sin but looks awsome otherwise. Works like a pico squeeze but dual battery up to 130w. No screen, just battery indicator light.

Kit versions are up on FT now with an interesting single coil RDA.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Authentic VV Mesh RDA is only $23 (from FT with MAP code), why would you even consider a $9 piece of junk? In the past I have found "Styled" versions of already low priced gear to be the dregs of the clone world.

Just curious?
Because I'm working with severely limited funds.
By the way are you part of the (Clone Police)?
Or just an asshole who likes to tell others how to spend their money?

VU Sponsors