Squonkers are Bonkers

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I really like the looks of the Therion. I already have a regular Therion DNA75 and it's extremely comfortable to use. Coupled with the front squeeze hole, I may just be in the market for one after I try the Phantohm for a bit.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the looks of the Therion. I already have a regular Therion DNA75 and it's extremely comfortable to use. Coupled with the front squeeze hole, I may just be in the market for one after I try the Phantohm for a bit.
Hey Chef, if you don't like the Therion BF, i'll buy it off of you.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But can buy 2 VTinbox for price of one Therion BF ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I don't have the new Therion 75 DNA yet, but I do have a few Therions and Lost Vape mods and they are way higher quality than the VT Inbox

Nothing wrong per se with the Inbox, which I do have, -but Therions are more substantially built and the ergonomics are better

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I don't have the new Therion 75 DNA yet, but I do have a few Therions and Lost Vape mods and they are way higher quality than the VT Inbox

Nothing wrong per se with the Inbox, which I do have, -but Therions are a more substantially built and the ergonomics are better
Great. Back to the Hardware section. Again.
I gotta stay outta there.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
But can buy 2 VTinbox for price of one Therion BF ,

Plus, you can't do this with your VT Inbox

927e1544f1b54ba95b18076cfacddd00.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Okay, so I'm gonna give this squonk thing another try. My main problem is that most squonk mods are not ergonomic or comfortable to use. The squonk bottle hole on the side is a big turn off for me. But I've kept my Wraith because it just feels right with the bottle placement, and I haven't experienced any of the problems with it that others have. I had a Frankenskull clone and hated it. My Sonar parallel is still up for trade, too (hint hint).

Anyways, before I decide to spend more money on something that I might not even use, I decided on this PhantOhm mech clone from SlowTech. It seems to be more along the line of what would be comfortable for me to use, and practically disposable at around $16. If it works out, I'll look for something better quality.

View attachment 94134

Made a trade for an authentic one last weekend - soooo excited about it:bunny:

I never had one of the older ones, other than the color screen is there much difference?

I could take or leave the color screen, it doesn't make it vape any better.
I'm fact, I've kind of de-coloref mine

Newbie to the thread here. I have both a Therion 75c and the squonk version BF 75c. One of the differences the 75c offers compared to the older 75 watt chip is you can set it up for up to 100 W preheat in TC mode as well as up to a 100 W boost setting in wattage mode. It’s a great feature for faster ramp up on some bigger coils. I find 75 watts plenty but it’s nice to have that extra wattage for the first second or 2.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Out of all the devices I have or have owned, The Therions handle TC mode the best in my opinion.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Have you had a chance to play with either G2 or Slice from Hohm Tech?
Not the G2 but I have 2 Slices and love them.
The fact that they will do TC mode with any wire is a nice plus.
But they don't handle TC mode like the Therion in my opinion.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not the G2 but I have 2 Slices and love them.
The fact that they will do TC mode with any wire is a nice plus.
But they don't handle TC mode like the Therion in my opinion.

I have both G2s and Slice, a few of each. Yes, the Therions do TC very nicely, but the FSK chips are nicer in that you don't have to remember what coil you have in what device, just go for it.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What kind of builds are you Narda owners throwing in them?
I only have 24ga Kanthal to use since I can't get anything else to fit under the screws. I've tried various claptons and such but can't trap the leads.
ddf17c2d24ab9539b9822ebf53827ccb.jpg
c46523d935f0085f479e69a8082fc9f2.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Nothing wrong per se with the Inbox, which I do have, -but Therions are more substantially built and the ergonomics are better
There just double the price ,I dont think there double the quality though , and still tear the battery wraps, best 75C mod out isnt therion Id say its the VapeCige Creator, smaller device,/ fits bigger builds/ 2 cell/ none Sqounker/ but still aint over priced like therion with fake leather ,
but im sure they could make a Sqounker version out of it , just use the left cell placement for sqounker bottle

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it comes with 2x700 tubes or the originals will fit...

What new gear is on your radar?

I'd like to grab a Lefty Palm, not that I am left handed, but I've noticed I vape a lot more with my left hand lol...

Hard to swallow the price though...I really do dig the 67 Neo Mara...and it removes my fear of electronics failure. Haven't owned a DNA yet that hasn't failed.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to grab a Lefty Palm, not that I am left handed, but I've noticed I vape a lot more with my left hand lol...

Hard to swallow the price though...I really do dig the 67 Neo Mara...and it removes my fear of electronics failure. Haven't owned a DNA yet that hasn't failed.
Know of the 67 neo but neo mara? Interest piqued... Google isn't telling me anything though.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm so lost here... Thanks for all the likes on my post... been digging in to Cloudy Peak Vapes to focus on life. Doggy is still hanging in and seeming happy so that's great.

Anyway... My Athena is still great! I think it's wonderful for a starter or a daily carry to not worry about. The RDA rocks too.

And I FINALLY got the Capo 100 Kit... I am very impressed with the weight and build quality. The tank is all I've used, and the 21700 seems to maintain a good 80 watts for quite a bit.

I chatted quite a while last night with a rep directly with iJoy. I passed on the information regarding front bottles, Silicon bottles, and a reliable single, and dual battery REGULATED squonk box. They were thankful for the feedback... the Capo Squonk hits the front bottle it appears, and I believe silicon. They were appreciative of the Dual battery regulated feedback, and so hopefully they listen. I made all of those points clear. I told them they were straight from a squonk only forum, and that these people (you all) are the ones who know what they want. I told them that they need to listen to you all. I gather regulated is desired, I agree. Dual battery, wholeheartedly agree, and front bottle.

Again, they were very receptive. Especially regarding that people want regulated solid squonkers too now. Mechanical is not doing it for all, and people want in. So, the Capo 100 kit and 21700 is good so far, the 510 looks press fit but is solid so far, and the device truly is very comfortable and weighty, though not excessive. I'd say it just feels like a very sold device... Time will tell.

Wanted to update... I may be not super present here again, but I'm popping in and reading a bit, and posting deals still. And wanted to let you know that I did talk directly to iJoy in Shenzhen. As said, they seem very receptive, so let's see how that transpires. I'll be sure to let you all know.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
And I FINALLY got the Capo 100 Kit... I am very impressed with the weight and build quality. The tank is all I've used, and the 21700 seems to maintain a good 80 watts for quite a bit.

I chatted quite a while last night with a rep directly with iJoy. I passed on the information regarding front bottles, Silicon bottles, and a reliable single, and dual battery REGULATED squonk box. They were thankful for the feedback... the Capo Squonk hits the front bottle it appears, and I believe silicon. They were appreciative of the Dual battery regulated feedback, and so hopefully they listen. I made all of those points clear. I told them they were straight from a squonk only forum, and that these people (you all) are the ones who know what they want. I told them that they need to listen to you all. I gather regulated is desired, I agree. Dual battery, wholeheartedly agree, and front bottle.

Again, they were very receptive. Especially regarding that people want regulated solid squonkers too now. Mechanical is not doing it for all, and people want in. So, the Capo 100 kit and 21700 is good so far, the 510 looks press fit but is solid so far, and the device truly is very comfortable and weighty, though not excessive. I'd say it just feels like a very sold device... Time will tell.

Wanted to update... I may be not super present here again, but I'm popping in and reading a bit, and posting deals still. And wanted to let you know that I did talk directly to iJoy in Shenzhen. As said, they seem very receptive, so let's see how that transpires. I'll be sure to let you all know.
Any chance you could throw it in TC mode to see how well it does?

The Captain PD270 seemed to fail on that point.

As long as the 510 doesn't break off within a couple months and it doesn't have an auto fire melt down or just stop working... I think they have a good seller regardless there, but TC being usable would def be the icing on the cake!

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm so lost here... Thanks for all the likes on my post... been digging in to Cloudy Peak Vapes to focus on life. Doggy is still hanging in and seeming happy so that's great.

Anyway... My Athena is still great! I think it's wonderful for a starter or a daily carry to not worry about. The RDA rocks too.

Awesome thanks for the heads up! I was about to order the squonk mod. But now if they are taking up close of our feedbacks. Then I'll just settle with my wraith bit longer till they make it sometime next year assuming that's the time it take to work on the design.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Any chance you could throw it in TC mode to see how well it does?

The Captain PD270 seemed to fail on that point.

As long as the 510 doesn't break off within a couple months and it doesn't have an auto fire melt down or just stop working... I think they have a good seller regardless there, but TC being usable would def be the icing on the cake!
I do a "My Take" on my site for nearly all products. I attempt to get to them all prior, or have trusted reviews or reputation. For instance, Some of my Vaperz Cloud Tubes don't have one... I will get to them, but I know for a fact they're EXCELLENT and I deal direct with them.

To the point, I make my best effort to carry good stuff, and thus give an honest mini review. I don't think you find that a lot elsewhere. I try to add as I get to it. Since it's not up yet as I haven't ordered them yet, I will do so for you here. I make no misinformation that I'm a total series box power guy. But I was a TC all day from the iPV4 to the DNA 250. Thus, I'm very familiar. I also have changed vaping styles so many times over the years that I could see myself digging TC again. I just love vaping!

I need to do a new build, but I will get to a SS316l build or two soon. I need to test some other mods as well. Power mode though I'm impressed. Single battery is single battery, and I don't expect 100 watts from any single battery for any appreciable amount of time at all. But firing at 83 watts and keeping up for a good while I consider good. Plus, most squonking is lower power than that. I'm always hesitant with new batteries, but I will report back. I just haven't built for TC a ton lately and my builds need to be re done first... I'll let you know. I have NI200 as well... but fuck that stuff, lol. God that was a nightmare for me to "master" I got it down, but SS316l made my Nickel go in a bin...

Report back I will. Tons to do right now, but I'll get there.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome thanks for the heads up! I was about to order the squonk mod. But now if they are taking up close of our feedbacks. Then I'll just settle with my wraith bit longer till they make it sometime next year assuming that's the time it take to work on the design.
Edit: Sorry for the double post... kept getting emails while writing my "essays" :) so was responding while I'm here... :)

Right on... I wouldn't hold your breath if the Capo Squonk if turns out to be a winner, and I'm optimistic now. I think dual's are likely in the future, but it may take a minute. I don't however know if they have one in the works though they didn't say. The good thing is they wanted to know... and I told em'.

I'm small potatoes still, but growing daily, and it's only getting better, though slowly but steadily. I made very clear that this information was coming from a community I've been in for a good amount of time and that you are the ones who know what is desired. I'm an entrepreneur and the definition of a small business. I may only have been in this industry for a year, Cloudy Peak Vapes formed in January and I opened in April. I Was in a juice venture prior. The point I got across to them was that I've been vaping a good while and around here etc... for a good while. I've been a vaper and am a vaper for longer than I've been making this my life and career. I made clear of that, for what it's worth. They were receptive it definitely seemed. They asked me questions as well.

I don't need to be (or really want to be) Walmart of Vaping, but I try to keep my finger on where I come from. I see my strength as customer service and catering to some niche categories amongst the mainstays, I like nice shit too! That's why I carry it. So I just let them know that what I'm passing on is something they really ought to pay mind to if they want to grow into this market strong. Cloudy Peak Will only continue to grow and thrive, but I pay attention around here. I can't be as present as I once was because my work doesn't stop, but to be a broken record... I am around and I doubt you'll see that change. I've gone from afraid to build, then afraid to use a mech, to now having knowledge I can apply to fixing a furnace by seeing a ground wire detached... that's all from here. I don't forget those things. I think often how much I've learned from vaping that's applicable around life... It's awesome.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I need some help please. I'm trying to use my Solo RDA on my Pico Squeeze. I wrapped a wire (24ga SS316L 8wrap 65ohm) and installed it. It reads and fires just fine on my mini tab, Inbox and Therion 166, but I get an "atomizer not found" error on my Reuleaux 2/3 and it won't fire on the Pico Squeeze. I've tighted everything, checked everything, made sure the wires are in right, etc, and I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

20171017_131347.jpg
20171017_131607.jpg

20171017_131706.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I need some help please. I'm trying to use my Solo RDA on my Pico Squeeze. I wrapped a wire (24ga SS316L 8wrap 65ohm) and installed it. It reads and fires just fine on my mini tab, Inbox and Therion 166, but I get an "atomizer not found" error on my Reuleaux 2/3 and it won't fire on the Pico Squeeze. I've tighted everything, checked everything, made sure the wires are in right, etc, and I can't figure it out. Any ideas?
Are you in TC mode?
If you are, try switching to Power or Watt mode and see if it fires, if it does then switch back to TC.
I have a device that does that.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recommend loosen up the bolts, check the 510 connection. Maybe you need to adjust it.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If it's fine on those other mods, it's almost definitely the 510 of the atomizer and mod not making goid solid contact.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Probably the 510 not making contact as previously stated. The other issue you may be having is that the resistance is too low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
0.69 should be plenty fine for anything under 4 years old...

Good Lord I just realized how fast the tech in this industry has moved.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yup, that's what it was. I loosened it so it poked out a bit more and now it's working great. Thanks guys!

I love the small air holes in it. I don't like a very airy draw so something small like this is really nice.

VU Sponsors