1. THE VAPORJOES NETWORK IS GIVING AWAY A PLAYSTATION 4 PRO
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO

Squonkers are Bonkers

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders / Squonking' started by DogMan, Jan 16, 2016.

1. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    You are almost right - I'd say fuck it and wait and see how the V2 shakes out

2. snake94115

snake94115 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    And now it is bedtime for this bozo...Cheers and I'll catch up with you bonky squonkies on the flip side.

3. So619Cal

So619Cal Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Ok Bonkers... I've exhausted myself trying to locate a drip tip and I am calling on you all for help.

upload_2017-10-12_8-55-9.png

I asked the guy who owns this, and he said he could not remember where or what it was from.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can point me to a RDA/RTA/Website with it.

Closest one I found was the Merlin RTA, but doesn't seem the same.

-Don

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Definitely looks like a shorter version of the Merlin DT - one of my all-time faves

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a shorter version

Pevinsghost and So619Cal like this.
  5. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    There's a dining table but it is cluttered and well, it's not my junk. Rather not deal with the fit that would be thrown. I've access to a battery pack drill too. It's not mine though. I do have a Dremel in here. I lack the space though in our bedroom to make up god area to keep tension on. My bed literally 2-3 feet away from my computer desk. I might could stand at an angle but that would also not count for a place to attach a drill/Dremel and it gets too complicated in my head. I'm claustrophobic so it's kind of damning to be regaled to live in a 10 x 12 room. I only go out to go outside to do stuff, or to the bathroom. There's a 'living room' space but it has not been converted back from one of their boy's bedrooms yet. And I'm not lifting a finger to pitch in and help clean that mess, not my monkey, and the sentiment over such is rather nasty on their end.

6. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    But can you be a cheap drunk, therein is the rub. :) If so I might get imaginings regarding calling you Daisy. Erm, Oh no, I better not gutter there mind go. :)

snake94115 likes this.
  7. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    I get fucked sideways even. I just tell everyone to go fuck themselves. At least that way I know they get love, even if it's only self-love. But if someone totally fucks with me, I'll tell them to go unfuck themselves. At that point, I do not think they are worth the fuck, even a self-fuck. Me, I was worth a fuck, in the back of a Herbie bug. Then, of course, dad left. Mom caught him one night. She walked right up to the car he was in the back of with some other woman, no one had told her that was where he would be.

Aw well, such is life. I have to see the humor in it in order to cope. Trouble is being the son of a Marine and a woman who thinks almost being a whore is a good thing, there's far too much humor, mostly rather dark. I've had a rough furrow of life but I'm sure others have and worse too.

8. BrewBear

BrewBear Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    You are right, no on board charge with the Wraith.

9. So619Cal

So619Cal Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:

Have one of these?

upload_2017-10-12_9-22-1.png

not ideal, but its highly portable to take outside- assuming you're in warm weather like I am year round lol

Good enough to spin up coils imo

I've also gone to the park a few times and spun up coils at the benches there... Take the dogs on a walk, had the drill, wire, clamps in a back pack with their water etc... once they were relaxed sat down and spun some up.

-Don

MyMagicMist likes this.
  10. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    I'm out too for a bit. Need to go see the p cycle analyst / therapy today. Got 3-5 logs from the first we had from off neighbor's hill split this morn. Got to wait on others to tear into the truckloads of timbers.

11. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    You're giving me ideas. :) I'll look around a bit and see what I can finagle.

So619Cal likes this.
  12. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Yeah? Damn. Strike that, then. Maybe just another Strike then. :D

And as for a Goon RDA... HAHAHAHAHAHA... yeah, no. That's a cloud chaser if there ever was one. Which means WIND TUNNEL!

Andria

13. jmoney426

jmoney426 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    This might be close:
    https://m.fasttech.com/products/8174300https://m.fasttech.com/products/8174300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So619Cal likes this.
  14. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Pevinsghost likes this.
  15. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    The Narda has been suggested to me many, many times; I've always dismissed it, mainly because of the side-airflow, but with my Strike, I'm seeing that that is not always a deal breaker. My major qualm now about the Narda is that I'm not sure it can be closed off enough to suit me; the airhole looks gi-normous, and I can't find a good enough pic of how the airflow is adjusted to know if it could be closed enough to suit the way I vape. And there really aren't many folks around here who seem to "get" how tight I want it, to be able to say yay or nay and have me trust their judgment -- Brewbear; maybe JuicyLucy, Pevinsghost (whom I think suggested the Strike that's working so well for me... or maybe that was Brewbear.. can't recall right offhand)... those are about the only ones.

I'll keep the Narda in mind though; if I could ever see a good enough image of how the airflow is adjusted, I might be able to make a determination.

Andria

16. The Cromwell

The Cromwell VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Airflow is adusted bt rotating the top cap on tne base and aligning the holes in the cap with the holes in the bsse. Or misaligning them somwat to reduce the airflow.

17. Pevinsghost

Pevinsghost Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Some good images.

http://vaping360.com/narda-review/amp/

18. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Ok, thanks very much for that!

This right here tells me this atty would never suit me:

narda-nope.jpg

1) even if there was only ONE inner airhole, it's too fucking huge to give a good MtL hit, and 2) there's TWO of the huge fuckers! So no matter how tightly you close the outer airhole, you will never get any feeling of resistance in the draw, thx to those whopper internal airholes -- TWO of 'em! The Achilles II has ONE inner airhole... and since it's 2.5mm, it's too fucking airy! No matter what I do to the outer AFC. The only thing that has helped it at all is I inserted a 12ga blunt needle down that 2.5mm airhole and cut it off level -- it's still more airy than I prefer, but better, with that internal restriction.

I want the inner airhole to be no more than 1.5mm (the original Achilles' internal airhole is 1.5mm) -- and just one of them! And outer airflow adjustment to 1mm, or .8mm -- the Berserker RTA has a .8mm setting, and I like it a great deal!

And actually, the [original] Magma is a little too airy for me, even with those needles in the airholes... but the flavor is good enough, I can make myself get used to it.

Andria

Pevinsghost likes this.
  19. BrewBear

Blog Posts:
    Had a Narda.....no squonk pin but that's not a problem. I found that by choking down the air, I was loosing flavor and it was getting very warm. It may have been my build, I can't remember what I had in it, but Narda got pushed aside. In my limited experience, rdas meant fir clouds don't do well for my idea of MTL, but work for those who prefer a slightly looser draw.

Pevinsghost and AndriaD like this.
  20. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Hmm... my builds don't generate much heat, at 2 ohms, 9.5w. But the Achilles II taught me that the internal airhole is as big a factor in a tight draw as the external AFC setting.

My son is kind of a cross between a tootle puffer and a cloud chaser -- he can tolerate any PG/VG from 70/30 to 30/70.... builds around .5Ω... wants MtL, but FAR looser than I find acceptable -- he thinks a Kayfun is too tight! :facepalm: He's enjoying the Magma Reborn that was PIFed, but he uses the cap with the 510 driptip, and uses a short driptip with it -- he likes the heat! I think he's using just one hole, the one next to the smallest -- but the internal airholes on that are so gi-normous, it's an airy vape, probably just at the very edge of MtL. He's also enjoying the Subtank Mini a great deal; I think he keeps that airflow around halfway, depending on what he's vaping. Also MtL -- like me, he can't see any benefit in huffing to stay smoke-free.

Andria

21. Pevinsghost

Pevinsghost Bronze Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Busardo says the atties that support a wide airflow but can be closed down on the drip tip and air inlet end as feel like a "sloppy" mouth to lung vape. Even being a restricted lung hitter myself, I think I understand what he means too. Just because it can have airflow restricted at one point or another doesn't mean it's any good when you do.

snake94115, MyMagicMist and AndriaD like this.
  22. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I found that also with the Veritas -- even with the barest sliver of the huge airhole showing, there was zero resistance in the draw; I just couldn't like it, though there did seem to be flavor -- not enough to make me willing to adjust myself, as with the Magma. Which was a shame; I loved the looks of the Veritas, very classy looking atty, and I was finally able to experience a vertical coil in something other than a carto, and I rather liked it -- though admittedly, the hex-nut attachment was a massive pain in the ass; at least it broadened my building skills. :D But I ended up having to PIF it, along with the Caterpillar and the Derringer, neither of which was any good at all for either flavor or MtL vaping. Which is why the side-airflow of this Strike18 is so surprising to me; the flavor is perhaps not as intense as with the Achilles, but easily as good as with the Magma... and I get the tight-draw of the Achilles, so the Strike18 is definitely a keeper, despite its side-airflow.

If I could find something of similar size and tight-draw as the Strike18, but with a domed inner shape to the top-cap, the flavor would doubtless go up a notch or two.

Andria

Pevinsghost likes this.
  23. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    The air flow must be restricted where it hits the coil as well.

Pevinsghost and AndriaD like this.
  24. SirVtHondaGuy08

SirVtHondaGuy08 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I put a Italian bottle in the coolflow today, every time I go to Squonk I swear it’s the battery I’m pushing. I’ve been spoiled by silicone bottles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. jasonandsarah

jasonandsarah Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Before I even start reading all I got to say is 2 1/2 days away and there's almost 60 pages to read! Slow down lol or speed it up either way...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

26. BrewBear

Blog Posts:
    Read faster!

27. SirVtHondaGuy08

Blog Posts:
  28. fartbubble

fartbubble Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    my entheon should have been here today ;_;

29. BrewBear

Blog Posts:
    I'm tempted to order the iJoy Capo BF but it's another fucking pre-order! I'm still waiting for the Therion 75C, it's two weeks from being shipped.

30. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    so same status as 2 weeks ago?

Pevinsghost and Khassy like this.
  31. BrewBear

Blog Posts:
    Yup! The only reason I got it from FT is they were the only ones that have the silver frame/wood/pearl fish combo. The $30 discount helped.....come to think of it, the Capo is about that. They don't have the red one....I don't think.

Pevinsghost and The Cromwell like this.
  32. SirVtHondaGuy08

Blog Posts:
    Mine comes tomorrow!

CactusFanaticus and BrewBear like this.
  33. BrewBear

Blog Posts:
    The Jr.? Awesome!

34. SirVtHondaGuy08

Blog Posts:
    No my Therion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chohan likes this.
  35. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Yay. Spoke with the therapist, usual NOS diagnoses but she said it's good we're getting out on our own. :) Also split up a lot of oak firewood today. Got 3-6 big old logs busted up this morn, got back busted maybe another half dozen or so with her dad. Got enough for four more ricks of wood. :)

Just saw the link to the new Kanger Dripbox 2. On my to get next list. Right price and I figure Kangertech is well, okay at least. Ehhh, or maybe not. Not keen to use temp control, would be a wasted feature for me. Why pay extra for an unneeded feature? Not knocking the mod exactly, just not seeing more than safety concern as a reason to get a regulated mod at all.

Also got a dual coil N80 28awg four strand twisted on a Goon deck w/ LP top, it's hitting 0.17Ω on decent batteries. Nice vape I think. :) I was aiming to hit at 0.12Ω, not going to be too upset being +0.05 over that.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 8:26 PM
    Pevinsghost, raineysky and DogMan like this.
  36. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    New Kanger Dripbox2?

MyMagicMist likes this.
  37. BrewBear

Blog Posts:
    Still great! I see Tom is having second thoughts about the ultem boxes.

38. SirVtHondaGuy08

Blog Posts:
    Pricey! I do like how he’s thinking of doing various chip options tho.

Pevinsghost likes this.
  39. SirVtHondaGuy08

Blog Posts:
  40. BrewBear

Blog Posts:
    True, the chip option is good. I never really cared for the Yihi chips, the Joules settings, while technically more accurate, are not something that I found easy to play with. It's getting to be a VHS vs. BETAMAX thing and VHS has too big a foot hold in the market place.

41. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Now you're talking....

MyMagicMist likes this.
  42. BrewBear

Blog Posts:
    Squonkers are popping out of the woodwork nowadays.

Pevinsghost likes this.
  43. SirVtHondaGuy08

Blog Posts:
    It’s the new thing!

44. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Squonkers are also popping out of the printers.

Khassy, snake94115, DogMan and 3 others like this.
  45. Bardiel003

Bardiel003 Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Current setup. I like it ^w^ build was a bit tedious because if open gap but made it to work thanks jasonandsarah! [​IMG]

46. Bardiel003

Bardiel003 Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Reading 0.23ohms vaping 60w [​IMG]

47. DogMan

DogMan VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    i just ran off 100 limited edition photocopies of my mod

they don't function, being paper, but if i make the group hard enough to get into...

48. BrewBear

Blog Posts:
    What you need to do is cut production in half and double the price.

Khassy, b.m., The Cromwell and 4 others like this.
  49. DogMan

DogMan VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    and outsource production to asia, like the haku does

Khassy, b.m., The Cromwell and 2 others like this.
  50. jmoney426

jmoney426 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The modder’s father-in-law has a machine shop in Asia. It’s not like they’re being mass produced by some huge company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro