Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow I’m just seeing this, just got the email for it.... Stupid exchange servers!

But no love for the drone, other mods yes just no drone lol.

We can work something out for that 2nd Entheon of yours ;-)

I'd consider a straight swap: Brand new Entheon for the: Spare deck (literally just a deck)
Loki Drip Tip
Spare O-rings
1 spare grub screw
Custom Ultem cap w/matching drip tip

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd consider a straight swap: Brand new Entheon for the: Spare deck (literally just a deck)
Loki Drip Tip
Spare O-rings
1 spare grub screw
Custom Ultem cap w/matching drip tip

That deck isn’t just a deck anymore, fully assembled I was able to source all the parts I needed for it.
622fcfaad1523278090059826e1a5e99.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That deck isn’t just a deck anymore, fully assembled I was able to source all the parts I needed for it.
622fcfaad1523278090059826e1a5e99.heic

Oh well, I just really wanted the cap, was going to keep the deck and gift the V1 to a very special vaper having a birthday next week

But screw the birthday girl, I can keep the second Entheon, lol. It is really growing on me :cloud:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh well, I just really wanted the cap, was going to keep the deck and gift the V1 to a very special vaper having a birthday next week

But screw the birthday girl, I can keep the second Entheon, lol. It is really growing on me :cloud:

Lol

I pulled the deck from my listing, was able to get the missing pieces for it from Peter so I jumped on it. Now I have enough spares for both minus a stock cap for one.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Nuppin radar was sounding the allert, lights flashing! Since I don't have an Entheon, I'll just sit on the sideline. :popcorn:

:vino:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Guys I know it not be squonking, but I be selling me:

Kylin rta & serpent smm rta. If you guys interested pm me ^w^.. I'm looking at sigelei fuchai squonk as an upgrade from my wraith once it dies ^w^. Also Lucy looking to order that entheon in couple weeks

I looked up that Serpent RTA -- I like that it's apparently a 510 driptip, so even though the included one is one of those huge honking huff things, it can take a regular driptip? also I like the parts about "super saturated flavor" and "doesn't require high watts for great flavor" -- which are 2 of the things I love about my Achilles RDAs... so what I need to know is, can the airflow be tightened down for a tight MtL type of vape? Also, which finish is the one you're selling? Apparently there are 4 different colors/finishes?

Andria

ETA: and PS... what does "^w^" mean? :D

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I looked up that Serpent RTA -- I like that it's apparently a 510 driptip, so even though the included one is one of those huge honking huff things, it can take a regular driptip? also I like the parts about "super saturated flavor" and "doesn't require high watts for great flavor" -- which are 2 of the things I love about my Achilles RDAs... so what I need to know is, can the airflow be tightened down for a tight MtL type of vape? Also, which finish is the one you're selling? Apparently there are 4 different colors/finishes?

Andria

I think wink

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AndriaD

The serpent would be too open for you.
It varies from a restricted lung hit to a fairly open lung hit.
I have 3. Nice RTA's but not a real MTL as you would like it.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria

@The Cromwell beat me to it, but after looking at a picture of the deck I can tell you the serpent is anything but a tight MTL like we like. The Siren v2 is probably a better choice since they included a smaller air intake than in the previous version. The Hussar (Coppervape version) is a good one with the optional 1.3 mm air tube.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@The Cromwell beat me to it, but after looking at a picture of the deck I can tell you the serpent is anything but a tight MTL like we like. The Siren v2 is probably a better choice since they included a smaller air intake than in the previous version. The Hussar (Coppervape version) is a good one with the optional 1.3 mm air tube.

Cthulhu has a new RDA that’s allegedly designed for MTL, but I’ve yet to see a review... or remember what it’s called.

Edit: It’s called the mRDA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Andria

^w^ : smiling kitty face idk something I used rather =) lol. And yup you can tightening the airflow to mtl. And I got the stainless steel
09a7e240246c97d8c082af634d2ac425.jpg

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
what does "^w^" mean? :D
The little up carats are eyes, the w is a mouth.

Looks to me kind of like a self satisfied eyes closed grin, maybe like a cat would give after laying a dead mouse at your feet.

Edit: hey, looks like I got the kitty part right!

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Meh imo it feels like a mtl sort of way. I love them both. Just... Want more into squonking hehe. Havnt seen a good rta in a long time.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^w^ : smiling kitty face idk something I used rather =) lol. And yup you can tightening the airflow to mtl. And I got the stainless steel
09a7e240246c97d8c082af634d2ac425.jpg
You could tighten the air flow, that is right. However, you couldn't tighten it enough for the likes of me and Andria (I think). We like the tight flow like a Kayfun lite or a bit tighter than Kayfun v3 mini and while you could close down the Serpent's air flow, it would be too warm (for me at least) and lack luster flavor.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

1.3mm isn't bad, if it can be tightened down a bit further from there. My son just got one of the new Berserker RTAs, and the draw on that is AWESOME, the smallest hole is .8mm, and the thing is as tight as my Achilles. Unfortunately, it leaks, and I haven't yet figured out how to or IF I can stop it from leaking. It seems to be coming from the bottom o-ring, which the glass or ultem tank just sits on.

Andria

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And now my vape budget is gone :-/ just dropped $900 on a hotel for 2 nights next month so the misses and I can get away for the weekend.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cthulhu has a new RDA that’s allegedly designed for MTL, but I’ve yet to see a review... or remember what it’s called.

Edit: It’s called the mRDA.

I think I looked at that, if it's the new one, but it doesn't look like it can be adjusted very tight at all.

Andria

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
Very easy to build, if you haven't googled it the deck is single coil...very big coils might be hard to fit, best for round wire, twisted wire and small claptons...have not tried a fused clapton etc. yet, but could be a bit harder to fit...

Here's a pick of the deck

I lkie it alot, just ordered me another one :)

Looks pretty interesting and price is good too.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

But that Siren appears to need that mesh shit, rather than an ordinary coil. No way.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You could tighten the air flow, that is right. However, you couldn't tighten it enough for the likes of me and Andria (I think). We like the tight flow like a Kayfun lite or a bit tighter than Kayfun v3 mini and while you could close down the Serpent's air flow, it would be too warm (for me at least) and lack luster flavor.

So it sounds like it's really not for me at all. Would the Magma be a good atty to try to adapt for squonking? I've got a couple of them which I modified by inserting 13ga blunt needles in the deck airholes and dremel'ing then off just slightly above the deck, to make even its natural tightest draw a bit tighter -- if I could use it for squonking, I wouldn't need so much liquid in the well, so it wouldn't be such a leak monster.

Andria

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Does anyone have any tricks they've found for specific airflow or decks? Like the sanding down the pin mentioned recently.

For example, not squonk, but on the Merlin I figured out the bottom airflow worked amazing for an outside wicked vertical coil forcing air trough the inside of the coil. Cured any occurrences of dry hit or flooding and really condensed the vapor.

Or, in the O-Atty I found a huge coil diameter, like 4.6mm, would fill the chamber condensing vapor and force the airflow to travel the length of the coil picking up vapor instead of just shooting straight up to the drip tip.

Here's a couple pictures I took showing that one: https://imgur.com/a/7mEMb

General build tips are fine, but I'm asking more like peculiarities you all have figured out about specific atomizer that you've worked around or found a way to take advantage of.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But that Siren appears to need that mesh shit, rather than an ordinary coil. No way.

Andria
The Siren is a cross between a rta and a genny type tank, a GTA. I have the v1 and it isn't a mesh of any kind, single coil. The only thing to keep in mind is to have plenty of wick material in the channels. I like it well enough, but like you, I prefer a tight draw for MTL.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Siren is a cross between a rta and a genny type tank, a GTA. I have the v1 and it isn't a mesh of any kind, single coil. The only thing to keep in mind is to have plenty of wick material in the channels. I like it well enough, but like you, I prefer a tight draw for MTL.

Hmm ok... I'm looking at some pics of the deck for the v2, and it appears to just need long wicks... do they need to be fat wicks, too? My Achilles uses VERY long wicks, but I've always used a 3/32 drillbit for my coils, so the wicking isn't very "fat." With the new Berserker, I used a 7/64 drillbit, so the wick would be fatter, thinking that might help the leaking, but it didn't seem to.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm ok... I'm looking at some pics of the deck for the v2, and it appears to just need long wicks... do they need to be fat wicks, too? My Achilles uses VERY long wicks, but I've always used a 3/32 drillbit for my coils, so the wicking isn't very "fat." With the new Berserker, I used a 7/64 drillbit, so the wick would be fatter, thinking that might help the leaking, but it didn't seem to.

Andria
Not familiar with that tank but basic rule of wicking RTA is to fill the juice channel with cotton at least the top part.
Not packed in but filled.
But you prolly know this.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not familiar with that tank but basic rule of wicking RTA is to fill the juice channel with cotton at least the top part.
Not packed in but filled.
But you prolly know this.

Yeah... I don't think the leaking is coming from there, I think it's just oozing out the bottom of the tank/o-ring seam; like it doesn't fit tightly enough down on that o-ring. also -- the Berserker is a top-fill tank, but the leaking started when I took off the cap to expose the top fill ports, as if the loss of suction was what caused the leak -- that's exactly what kayfuns do when you remove the top, but I wouldn't have expected it from a tank that's MEANT to be top-filled. Maybe I need to close the airflow completely before removing that cap? I'm bumfuzzled with the stupid thing.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah... I don't think the leaking is coming from there, I think it's just oozing out the bottom of the tank/o-ring seam; like it doesn't fit tightly enough down on that o-ring. also -- the Berserker is a top-fill tank, but the leaking started when I took off the cap to expose the top fill ports, as if the loss of suction was what caused the leak -- that's exactly what kayfuns do when you remove the top, but I wouldn't have expected it from a tank that's MEANT to be top-filled. Maybe I need to close the airflow completely before removing that cap? I'm bumfuzzled with the stupid thing.

Andria
That is precisely why I am not real fond of topfil tanks.
I love the bottom fill Subtank Mini V2 with RBA. However I got a top fill version and it kinda sucked. Wanted to dribble after each fill.
Also your high PG juice will cause more dribbles on top fill tanks.
Top fill tanks came about after high PG juice had fallen out of fashion and high VG works better with top fill tanks.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is precisely why I am not real fond of topfil tanks.
I love the bottom fill Subtank Mini V2 with RBA. However I got a top fill version and it kinda sucked. Wanted to dribble after each fill.
Also your high PG juice will cause more dribbles on top fill tanks.
Top fill tanks came about after high PG juice had fallen out of fashion and high VG works better with top fill tanks.

Well, the video for the Berserker said it worked best with "high PG" like 60/40 or 70/30 (which really isn't "high PG" at all!) but might not do too well with high or max VG, just because it's meant for MtL, with a couple of very tight draw options -- actually my son says even the largest airhole is too tight, which makes no sense at all, I get no feel of resistance whatsoever with either of the 2 largest holes; the smallest is perfect, the next largest is tolerable, but the top 2, might as well try to vape or smoke an empty straw for all the satisfaction it gives.

My son uses 75/25, 60/40, 50/50, and 30/70 ejuices... and AFAIK, they all leaked.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the video for the Berserker said it worked best with "high PG" like 60/40 or 70/30 (which really isn't "high PG" at all!) but might not do too well with high or max VG, just because it's meant for MtL, with a couple of very tight draw options -- actually my son says even the largest airhole is too tight, which makes no sense at all, I get no feel of resistance whatsoever with either of the 2 largest holes; the smallest is perfect, the next largest is tolerable, but the top 2, might as well try to vape or smoke an empty straw for all the satisfaction it gives.

My son uses 75/25, 60/40, 50/50, and 30/70 ejuices... and AFAIK, they all leaked.

Andria
Wicking or gasket/oring issue?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope it's the serpent smm suck my mod made this tank.
I hope it is better than that other piece of crap he sponsored.

Edit looked at Matt's review and that atty will not do a good real MTL vape.
Air passages to coil are just too big if nothing else.
For real MTL the air holes hitting the coil needs to be small and well directed.

Looks like a good vape from a very loose MTL to a restricted lung hit.
Prolly quite tasty.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wicking or gasket/oring issue?

Honestly, it could have been either, when he was trying it -- he was still trying to use 3/32 coils, with the smaller wicking they need. But when I last set it up, for me, I used the 7/64, and there was a significant wick, the little "cups" the Berserker uses are completely filled with that wick. The leaking could be seen oozing from under the glass, where it meets the o-ring. But it didn't start till I removed that top cap to expose the fill holes.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, it could have been either, when he was trying it -- he was still trying to use 3/32 coils, with the smaller wicking they need. But when I last set it up, for me, I used the 7/64, and there was a significant wick, the little "cups" the Berserker uses are completely filled with that wick. The leaking could be seen oozing from under the glass, where it meets the o-ring. But it didn't start till I removed that top cap to expose the fill holes.

Andria
Again not familiar with the tank but prolly needs a 2.5 mm coil or so.
Not sure what that works out to in fractional SAE.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me hates Facedbook.
Facebook seems to be mostly about drama.

Disclaimer:
I like clones, Without clones and cheap mods I would not be squonking today.
Plenty of people still like the high priced authentics to outstrip production with demand so I do not see an issue if they cannot supply for the demand anyway?

And now more and more authentics are made in China....

I feel that the Wasp Nano is being downplayed somewhat because of it's low price for an authentic.

but then I am a cheaplitist.

In my best doctor impersonation

"I concur!"

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The 3/32 is 2.38... the 7/64 is 2.778.

Andria

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The conversion table is available on steam engine via x/y toggle on coil wrapping

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me hates Facedbook.
Facebook seems to be mostly about drama.

Disclaimer:
I like clones, Without clones and cheap mods I would not be squonking today.
Plenty of people still like the high priced authentics to outstrip production with demand so I do not see an issue if they cannot supply for the demand anyway?

And now more and more authentics are made in China....

I feel that the Wasp Nano is being downplayed somewhat because of it's low price for an authentic.

but then I am a cheaplitist.
Ya know what I hate more than clones?

Gouging and market manipulation!

I have an Kennedy 25 2-post that is wonderful. Cost me $25 (and I could have got it for less). Is the authentic better? Likely. Is it $70 better. Fat chance!

Armageddon Manufacturing is getting close... they've started to offer the authentic Apocolypse for around $35. I can see that. I can even see $50 for an authentic if it's really, really good. But $90 and $100? For an atty? Get real!

My father taught me to buy the best. I rebelled and I buy the cheapest. However, there's a madness to my methodology: if it breaks during use, it's only because I was using it. If it never breaks during use, it was good enough. If it never gets used... I replace what breaks in use, use what works, and write off the rest.

Let me give an example from my woodshop. I had a chance at a $1200 Delta Table saw with all the bells and whistles for $600. Deal, right? I passed, and bought a $99 Home Depot special. The $99 saw still works great because I never really use it. Hence, I did not waste an additional $501. I also bought a $25 cordless drill... it shot craps in a couple months. I upgraded to a $50 cordless drill, and have been using it for 3 years. Still less than a Dewalt for $129.

I feel the same way about mods...

Of course, if the clone is unsafe, there's no amount of savings that will make it worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors