Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a crazy price. I hope it's a good mod cause it's gonna put the Yiloong and other badly made ones out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I totally agree. The Coilart one looks decent too. I'm thinking of these are decent they might start driving down prices on the mid to high end mods because squonking will go more mainstream. The boutique guys will have to drop prices to compete... or not! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why is it I always want a color combination that isn't available... I'm looking for a black enclosure with a purple translucent door. Just to make this even more impossible, I'd like it to take 20700 battery.
Does anyone know where I can have this made? I've been selling a lot of my gear and have some cash available to spend.

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
Yeah I totally agree. The Coilart one looks decent too. I'm thinking of these are decent they might start driving down prices on the mid to high end mods because squonking will go more mainstream. The boutique guys will have to drop prices to compete... or not! Lol

Geekvape has a black Mech Squonker as well now. Have a look at efuntop.com

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It may not be super fancy, but it's easy to make acrylic doors with simple hand tools. You can get 1"X1" squares of 1/8" acrylic on eBay for cheap, just a thought for anyone wanting a fun little project.

Everyone seen the geekvape Athena mech squonk? Looks good except "ATHENA" on the side in Box car letters. I'm just glad to see companies getting with it, gives people especially new people interested in squonking affordable options.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
f9c013a676a742601b1bc84af2d0666f.jpg

Hmm front and regulated

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's an iJoy product, keep your expectations low and do not look for any semblance of a basic functioning TC.

I see mooch tested their 21700 battery and asked them to change the gross exaggeration of spec's on the wrapper.

yeah I wouldn't buy the mod even if it was $49...Much better mods out there I would rather put the money towards...

I also saw/read mooch's tests on the 21700...still a good battery...just not an OMG battery to get. But I build above 50w so its a leaverite for me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's an iJoy product, keep your expectations low and do not look for any semblance of a basic functioning TC.

I see mooch tested their 21700 battery and asked them to change the gross exaggeration of spec's on the wrapper.
I saw that.
Yeah the Chinese just cannot figure it out....

We do need a law against mislabelling of LI batteries. Not just for vapers.
US consumers have grown to trust labels as to capacity and such specifications as they are regulated on most other items.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered one of the
Stentorian Ram Mech squonkers from FT about 2 months ago when they had them on pre-order. It has now been delayed 3 times. I finally got an email from them saying it would ship in 2 days. I figured there must have been a design problem and have been waiting patiently. Glad to hear they have it worked out. Anyone know what the problem was? Just curious. Something to keep an eye on? Thanks for the info.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered one of the
Stentorian Ram Mech squonkers from FT about 2 months ago when they had them on pre-order. It has now been delayed 3 times. I finally got an email from them saying it would ship in 2 days. I figured there must have been a design problem and have been waiting patiently. Glad to hear they have it worked out. Anyone know what the problem was? Just curious. Something to keep an eye on? Thanks for the info.

Quick Look at their FT Discussion thread...seems there were some issues, but I didn't go in depth reading...just skimmed the headliners.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

So, what you're saying is: there's no joy with iJoy?
I just couldn't resist that. I do agree with all of you, unless the reports from users come back positive, there are better mods out there.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Air holes look to be about the same size as a Wasp Nano, maybe just a bit smaller?

AF looks the same as the Full size...just the overall is 2mm smaller...and Titanium lol... I'd honestly be cool with the stainless version, but this will do just fine ;)

Not only that, but from the pictures, looks like they did away with the engravings on the cap, which to me is a positive!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll still be trying to snag a Haku. If they decide to make the Flave 22 in stainless for a reasonable price I'd consider it.

Good luck this weekend!

Still really in debate, I really enjoy the Flave, but it would be nice to get the Haku...Man the choices when you limit yourself to a modest bi-monthly vape budget.

Think I will roll the dice... Toss my name in for both Haku versions on the 16th ( Since you can try for both, but can only get lucky for one) ... if that doesn't pan out...get the Flave ;) if they are still available.

Or suck it up and save the budget for another mod if and when my Orca sells ;)

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heya Squonkoz!!
How ya been?
Just popped on here real quick to sell my SXMini G, success!
Work is absolutely crazed.. but my French is improving.. I'm fully on French time now, working completely opposite hours, good for keeping up on the Euro squonk stuff on Facebook but I'm trying to be good. I did pick up the Entheon though, it arrived today. No time for it now...I need to be ready to leave for Paris anytime, but hopefully won't be until February. ...miss alla the banter with youse. I'll play catch up at some point but just saw the most recent page of posts.. FYI the Titanium Flave 22 will be $100 plus shipping.
Big squonky hugs to everyone
Cheers!

Yoda and the Haku..
IMG_3643.jpg

Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, @AndriaD has recently informed me that I'm an idiot and lucky I didn't blow my face off. Well, not in those exact words, but same same. ;) Turns out that my Pico Squeeze is a mech and I shouldn't have been using subohm builds on it. Who knew? I've also not tried using a single coil build for anything, which I probably should have tried sooner.

So, does this look like it should be okay? It's my first time building something that's not like .28 or so.

20170913_172951.jpg

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, @AndriaD has recently informed me that I'm an idiot and lucky I didn't blow my face off. Well, not in those exact words, but same same. ;) Turns out that my Pico Squeeze is a mech and I shouldn't have been using subohm builds on it. Who knew? I've also not tried using a single coil build for anything, which I probably should have tried sooner.

So, does this look like it should be okay? It's my first time building something that's not like .28 or so.

View attachment 91551

Lol I regularly vape mechs in the .2-.3 range daily, you can safely do it if you have know ohms law and understand all that Jazz. Also if you have the proper batteries as well.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol I regularly vape mechs in the .2-.3 range daily, you can safely do it if you have know ohms law and understand all that Jazz. Also if you have the proper batteries as well.

Yeah, we went through all that. I tried reading ohms law but it's all Sanskrit to me. lol I do have good batteries, though.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 91551

.28 is fine...

TL;DR .28 is fine ;) lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I have really gone bonkers. My vape budget is deep in the red after ordering a TD v3, picking up a BVB vorbfish in the classified on FB group, and today I won a randomizer slot to buy a BVB double barrel. Am I lucky or cursed?...lol

A bit of both maybe?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, we went through all that. I tried reading ohms law but it's all Sanskrit to me. lol I do have good batteries, though.

The Pico Squeeze is not a true mech - it has a mosfet and it will not fire up over 50 W according to specs.

I have found it starts having trouble firing anything under .8 ohms and hates clapton wire, period

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Pico Squeeze is not a true mech - it has a mosfet and it will not fire up over 50 W according to specs.

I have found it starts having trouble firing anything under .8 ohms and hates clapton wire, period

I did notice it doesn't seem to care much for my clapton coils, so I've just been using single wire coils that I made myself. I figured it was either me doing something wrong or needing a better/different rda. :) I need to get some SS wire, though. All I have is kanthal.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 91551
Well... The Pico Squeeze is a mech but it's limited to 50 watts. So considering 4.2v of a freshly charged battery @ 50 watts you would be pushing 11.9 amps which should be well within the safety level of any reputable vape battery. That 1.3 ohm build has so much mass to heat that the ramp up will not provide a decent vape. Put that .28 ohm build back in!

VU Sponsors