Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
but it makes 'available' stuff seem archaic.

If available you mean commercial, I would agree

There are some amazing modders out there who's work is anything but archaic and you don't have to join annoying FB groups to buy - I have numerous custom mods and one of a kinds are top of the line that I didn't have to deal with FB to get. Real works of art with superior internals.

They're just not printed with (usually) goofy art work

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If available you mean commercial, I would agree

There are some amazing modders out there who's work is anything but archaic and you don't have to join annoying FB groups to buy - I have numerous custom mods and one of a kinds are top of the line that I didn't have to deal with FB to get. Real works of art with superior internals.

They're just not printed with (usually) goofy art work

Yeah that's why I put quotes around 'available' ...
For sure, you're totally right and I know you have an awesome collection! Plus you've been in the squonking game since the get go so big respect to you and a lot of the guys here. I'm just an ankle biter with big ass wide eyes for this stuff since I'm late to the party.
As I mentioned before, I was ready to quit vaping after 5 (6?) years so squonking is a big rebirth for me.
And not really pinpointing the mods or modders in general, they thrived long before bookbook, it's more the RDA and accessories Facebook world. Stuff you just can't get anywhere else.
And I happen to love those damn kooky alumide boxes, it's worse than baseball cards or something. I want one from each 'team' (!)

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That video and vape geeks on the boxer and all the talk about how crappy ginger Vapor customer service has made me wait on Armageddon to get more stock. I was ready to order a boxer but........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Yeah, ive heard alot of stuff about there CS too. And ive seen him on Facebook harassing people who didnt like his product. Seems like anytime anyone says anything on fb about his mods, he is right there to fight and argue. Kinda turned me away from buying one too. I really wanted the 2x700 bf boxer but went with a PZLD TwoSeven...

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah that's why I put quotes around 'available' ...
For sure, you're totally right and I know you have an awesome collection! Plus you've been in the squonking game since the get go so big respect to you and a lot of the guys here. I'm just an ankle biter with big ass wide eyes for this stuff since I'm late to the party.
As I mentioned before, I was ready to quit vaping after 5 (6?) years so squonking is a big rebirth for me.
And not really pinpointing the mods or modders in general, they thrived long before bookbook, it's more the RDA and accessories Facebook world. Stuff you just can't get anywhere else.
And I happen to love those damn kooky alumide boxes, it's worse than baseball cards or something. I want one from each 'team' (!)
Yeah, i love alumide bf mechs too. I own a couple and they feel nice. I think im done buying them now, atleast for a little while :teehee:. I bought a Molly and Cloak which are delrin. So looking forward to that.

I actually dont mind the whole Facebook group thing. Is it ideal, NO. But i like cruising fb and seeing whats going on. The list thing is annoying especially when you have tried over and over and cant seem to get what you want. But when you do get it, seems all the more worth it...lol

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, ive heard alot of stuff about there CS too. And ive seen him on Facebook harassing people who didnt like his product. Seems like anytime anyone says anything on fb about his mods, he is right there to fight and argue. Kinda turned me away from buying one too. I really wanted the 2x700 bf boxer but went with a PZLD TwoSeven...

I seen that too. That's why I will never buy a Boxer. There are so many other mod makers out there that will take constructive criticism from people who purchased their mod's and try to make their products better. For me, Never Boxer!

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Bit the bullet, having a Tiny Little F
Dude, no one is adamantly stalking or refreshing on "facepuke" :/
In your settings for each group there is a notifications preference. Click 'all' or 'highlights' on the mod groups you are interested in and you'll be notified when their lists open, group buys hit, etc..

Ah, see, tricks of the trade. Thanks for the tips.

I have a •TINY•LITTLE•F#CKRZ• getting printed up cause #fucknoavailability. I will most likely want to grab some doors made by (i forgot his name already) on facepuke. Might not be as cool as the limited edition ones, but I like it cause it's not a straight squared box, is says tiny little f#cker on it, and I like how the little guy on the door is flipping everyone off with an ohm symbol for a nipple lol.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I have a •TINY•LITTLE•F#CKRZ• getting printed up cause #fucknoavailability. I will most likely want to grab some doors made by (i forgot his name already) on facepuke. Might not be as cool as the limited edition ones, but I like it cause it's not a straight squared box, is says tiny little f#cker on it, and I like how the little guy on the door is flipping everyone off with an ohm symbol for a nipple lol.

You'll love the TLF mate, it is TINY!
I want to get one of the Shapeways ones too, would love a distressed two tone one but I don't want to alter the limited edition. Door guy is Jose aka 'JiL Sqnk P#rn Accessories', doors are $40-$50 plus shipping from Spain, not cheap but they look sick!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Congrats man, this is gonna be your first mech sqounker correct?? Your gonna love it, just be ready to go on a spending spree. They are addictive...

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the OG and a couple SSK versions. I really like them a lot, and in this case, the SSK compares pretty well to the original. I'd say it's 85-90% as good for a tenth of the price. It's definitely good enough to try out and see if you want the original (that's what I did).

The deck looks funky, but it's really kind of handy to have mounting points to choose from - though I've never used the center ones. I find the flavor as good as my Haladys and I like the airflow better. I wouldn't say it's more open than the Halady, but it does feel smoother. It's good enough that I'll likely pick up more.

You also might like the Solo if you haven't tried it yet. Easy to build on, amazing flavor, and nice airflow restriction. Just a hair tighter than the Halady. It's one of my current favorites. I haven't been able to track down an authentic yet, but the clones I have make me really really want to badly.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You'll love the TLF mate, it is TINY!
I want to get one of the Shapeways ones too, would love a distressed two tone one but I don't want to alter the limited edition. Door guy is Jose aka 'JiL Sqnk P#rn Accessories', doors are $40-$50 plus shipping from Spain, not cheap but they look sick!

That's the guy! Door will be later later. I gotta make sure I can even put the damn thing together. LOL

I already made my MM order too. Just want to find a decent place to get some copper for the contacts. I'm thinking...This Place... They will cut custom sheets so was thinking prob 1"x 7" aught to cover it.

Congrats man, this is gonna be your first mech sqounker correct?? Your gonna love it, just be ready to go on a spending spree. They are addictive...

I bought a "throw away" mech to try it out/; Boxer clone. Haven't put it down and confirmed my "need" for a mech squonk, or two :devil:

I have one with a tracking as "delivered" yet it wasn't in my box... Talked to the post master today said he'd call me tomorrow to try and help me figure it out. Got mine from 3fvape though. Prob same shit.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a atty similar to a hadaly but $50 or less? Of course if anyone wants to sell their hadaly (lol) that would work also.

TBH I'm LOVING the wasp nano. I recently bought WAY to many RDA's and so far for flavor, single coil RDA's, the wasp nano wins hands down. The Shenray Hadaly can be had for cheap and it vapes well but gets hella hot, fast if you vape like I do. Wasp Nano has yet to get hot prob because the ultem cap. Was looking at getting a cap for the hadaly but they cost almost 2x as much as I paid for the damn RDA lol.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The og soul s is a facepuke thing, also they recently stopped making them. There may even only be one more list? Haven't followed closely but read something to that effect.

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TBH I'm LOVING the wasp nano. I recently bought WAY to many RDA's and so far for flavor, single coil RDA's, the wasp nano wins hands down. The Shenray Hadaly can be had for cheap and it vapes well but gets hella hot, fast if you vape like I do. Wasp Nano has yet to get hot prob because the ultem cap. Was looking at getting a cap for the hadaly but they cost almost 2x as much as I paid for the damn RDA lol.

The wasp looks kinda like a Hadaly, but it sure doesn't vape anything like one. I know a lot of people really like it but I'm not one of those people, and I love my Haladys. The airflow is wiiiiiide open, and whistles like crazy at just about every afc position. In comparison to the Hadaly, the flavor is also laughable on the wasp and I've tried a ton of different builds. Always the same result They are very, very different from each other.

For someone looking for a halady experience on a budget, my recommendations would be (in order) a shenray Halady clone, a soul S clone, or a solo clone if you don't mind a touch more airflow restriction.

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The og soul s is a facepuke thing, also they recently stopped making them. There may even only be one more list? Haven't followed closely but read something to that effect.

yeah, and I don't do Facebook and never will. I picked mine up second hand. I liked it, so that's why I have some clones while I look for more originals.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The wasp looks kinda like a Hadaly, but it sure doesn't vape anything like one. I know a lot of people really like it but I'm not one of those people, and I love my Haladys. The airflow is wiiiiiide open, and whistles like crazy at just about every afc position. They are very, very different from each other.

For someone looking for a halady experience on a budget, my recommendations would be (in order) a shenray Halady clone, a soul S clone, or a solo clone if you don't mind a touch more airflow restriction.
Yeah it whistles, but not as much as this damn gorge lol.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah it whistles, but not as much as this damn gorge lol.
On the nano, if you close the air down until it looks like almost a perfect circle (on mine) it quiets down a bit. Also mine fits a 510. I heard there was some issues with some folks not being able to fit a 510. I use mine sans drip tip, II like it better that way. IMO the drip tip mutes the flavor a bit.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Man those clone prices are just ridiculous.
Seems they keep getting cheaper & cheaper. Three of those knock offs would barely buy one authentic acrylic top cap.
Sadddddd.
I guess at least if it does a halfway decent job it'll inspire people to seek out an authentic, the OG is a solid piece of gear.
Still not so hot on the Chernobyl topcap though, it's too slammed for me. Probably will sell it.

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On the nano, if you close the air down until it looks like almost a perfect circle (on mine) it quiets down a bit. Also mine fits a 510. I heard there was some issues with some folks not being able to fit a 510. I use mine sans drip tip, II like it better that way. IMO the drip tip mutes the flavor a bit.

Yeah, mine all fit 510 drip tips too. I've tried it with and without and still don't like it. You are right, it's quietest at that afc position, but I still get more whistle than anything else I've tried (even the NarDa before drilling or chamfering). It's also still way too much air at that position for me. Feels like at least twice as much as a wide open Hadaly.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Interesting. I have 5 gorges in front of me right now, running on 5 mods. None of them have ever whistled on me. Maybe a build thing? Or maybe I'm just lucky.
Could be build. I'm rockin a 3/4 wrap tri core clapton @ .18 ohm. I've been using it on my drone. Also using the ultem cap instead the metal cause like I say, the way i vape, really heats up an RDA.

jE02Dmp.jpg

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah, mine all fit 510 drip tips too. I've tried it with and without and still don't like it. You are right, it's quietest at that afc position, but I still get more whistle than anything else I've tried (even the NarDa before drilling or chamfering). It's also still way too much air at that position for me. Feels like at least twice as much as a wide open Hadaly.

You have to remember I'm coming from mostly vaping on a goon lol. I like me some airflow. Just starting into these single coil flavor RDA's.

Now for real goodnight lol.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's the guy! Door will be later later. I gotta make sure I can even put the damn thing together. LOL

I already made my MM order too. Just want to find a decent place to get some copper for the contacts. I'm thinking...This Place... They will cut custom sheets so was thinking prob 1"x 7" aught to cover it.

I bought a "throw away" mech to try it out/; Boxer clone. Haven't put it down and confirmed my "need" for a mech squonk, or two :devil:

I have one with a tracking as "delivered" yet it wasn't in my box... Talked to the post master today said he'd call me tomorrow to try and help me figure it out. Got mine from 3fvape though. Prob same shit.

Yeah i forgot i read your post about your boxer. Thats a nice way to see if you like mech sqounks without breaking the bank. Once you go mech, you never go back!!!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Man those clone prices are just ridiculous.
Seems they keep getting cheaper & cheaper. Three of those knock offs would barely buy one authentic acrylic top cap.
Sadddddd.
I guess at least if it does a halfway decent job it'll inspire people to seek out an authentic, the OG is a solid piece of gear.
Still not so hot on the Chernobyl topcap though, it's too slammed for me. Probably will sell it.
Man, that sucks to hear. I hope i like it, i have a Soul S and Chernobyl topcap coming from a group buy. Think it was the last one for the Soul S. Hope i like it period, cost me a pretty penny. Think its the most ive spent on an rda to date.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To all the anti-Facebook folks, I get it. I had my account turned off for at least 5 years. Vape shit got me back on. I went into my settings and made it so none of my commercial, hobby or interest posts or likes hit other's timelines. I never use it for anything but vaping stuff. I mostly just check groups I want something from. If you want to use it for that, it's an option.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To all the anti-Facebook folks, I get it. I had my account turned off for at least 5 years. Vape shit got me back on. I went into my settings and made it so none of my commercial, hobby or interest posts or likes hit other's timelines. I never use it for anything but vaping stuff. I mostly just check groups I want something from. If you want to use it for that, it's an option.
That sounds like something I would try, it will help me spend more and faster.....like I need help with that :confused:

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Most definitely. And if anyone needs help with settings and privacy & whatever, I'm happy to help. I've been managing properties (aka fan pages) since the early days and I'm an honorary Facebook developer. One of the jobs I do a lot of is helping celebrities hide on Facebook.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't much like the secret groups.

But don't take that personally. I'm not saying being in them reflects badly on you, which you appear to think.

I just have no patience for the bullshit.

I'm in SP. But that is just a matter of adding joe allen as a friend, as I'm sure most squonkers know. I don't participate in their bullshit lists, it's just handy to watch trends

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't much like the secret groups.

But don't take that personally. I'm not saying being in them reflects badly on you, which you appear to think.

I just have no patience for the bullshit.

I'm in SP. But that is just a matter of adding joe allen as a friend, as I'm sure most squonkers know. I don't participate in their bullshit lists, it's just handy to watch trends

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Dude you should give Squonk 'Merica Group Buys a look, best group going. No lists just Google docs you fill out, everyone 'wins' .. A lot of cool gear coming down the pike on there.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i'm in australia, and don't do group buys

Understand the location thing, but what's your hitch with group buys? I end up saving quite a bit of coin. And on unique gear. Super efficient system.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dammit so much to read lmao this is what happens when i am off the forums to join GF's friend Bday all nighter lol!

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first heard about secret Facebook groups I was pissed. What a stupid thing, making it nearly impossible for people to buy your product? WTF? Squonking drove me to Facebook though. Specifically the Squonker's Paradise group. As recently as 6 months ago there were only a handful of companies selling squonk mods commercially without Facebook. That I could find anyway. Most of the storefronts were perpetually out of stock too. There are a few nice mid-range options that are Facebook only (ex. DPM, BMM, Simple, various 3dp mechs) and all the best resale groups for BF mods and atties are there so I made the jump

There are a handful of secret groups I'll never get in, like SVA and Art&Mod. Some, like HEMO, I don't want to be in. Others I got in from setting up notifications for the companies normal product page and waiting for them to open the group. Most of secret groups I'm in are new and didn't start secret. Once you get in a few you see announcements and just luck into other new groups. It sucks that most of the industry is stuck on FB, likely to skirt regulation. With the oncoming advent of more and more commercial BF products and the extending of the regulation enforcement, will this change? I don't know. but if quality commercial products are available I won't need the high end stuff anyway Heres the real secret, most of the high end is janky shit made in someone's shed anyway.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trust me these private groups for private group buys on these unique mods are crazy. For the price they are asking for is a hit of a steep grey area. Depending on materials are used and such. But in my car forum. We have a sectioned off for buy/sale/trade/ and group buy section. Everyone reads into it and it goes successfully. But it's media based. More people be on fb then forums =/

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You have to remember I'm coming from mostly vaping on a goon lol. I like me some airflow. Just starting into these single coil flavor RDA's.

Now for real goodnight lol.

You'd probably like the Kennedy with BF pin then with or without Gremlin Cap/Trickster... I like the Flave for Single coil...Just have to get that Drip Tip made by Lawless ( Goon'ish height and size, but to fit the proprietary size opening of the Flave )

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The wasp looks kinda like a Hadaly, but it sure doesn't vape anything like one. I know a lot of people really like it but I'm not one of those people, and I love my Haladys. The airflow is wiiiiiide open, and whistles like crazy at just about every afc position. In comparison to the Hadaly, the flavor is also laughable on the wasp and I've tried a ton of different builds. Always the same result They are very, very different from each other.

I totally agree on the Wasp, might just as well put a 510 connection on one of these. :giggle:

wooden-slide-whistle.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I won't need the high end stuff anyway Heres the real secret, most of the high end is janky shit made in someone's shed anyway.

i've lost track of what "high end" means

up until about a year ago "$400 is the low end of high end" was commonly accepted

now, there are apparently $100 "high end" and $900 not-high-end?

seems to be availability?

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see it as, is the build unique? Something out of ordinary? How's the airflow and fixed flow? If it's common like I seen others, then gtfo don't need it. Like I still ponder why the Sherman is 100 and whatnot. It looks amazing sure. But the way how air flows through and wick channels absorb the ejuice. It's similar to others so no.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If anyone was wanting a wide bore DT for the Flave...Any DT that fits the X1/Temple RDA from VC is the same size. Was going through my Drawer of Not used Stuff and tried the X1 sitting there and slapped the Flaves DT on it.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I need to stop messing around on Facebook when I should be working, I happened to be in the mix at noon just as the BOLT google doc opened, I thought 'wtf' and entered.. 3 minutes, a randomizer and $165 later ...and now I have a dark green BOLT arriving on Saturday. Those fcukin randomizers, if only it was Las Vegas!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I need to stop messing around on Facebook when I should be working, I happened to be in the mix at noon just as the BOLT google doc opened, I thought 'wtf' and entered.. 3 minutes, a randomizer and $165 later ...and now I have a dark green BOLT arriving on Saturday. Those fcukin randomizers, if only it was Las Vegas!

More fun when it's illicit, lol

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You got picked? Might be your lucky day. Go buy a lottery ticket!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

houndb

Member For 4 Years
Good morning everyone

I have a couple of questions and have been out of the hardware game for a while.

I just picked up a Geekvape Gboxxs100 to try out. I like it but did not realize that it did not take standard bottles. Can it be modded to take a regular bottle or where can I buy some extra bottles?

Also does anyone own the Rebel mod squonker ? That looks like a high end replacement for the GBox.

VU Sponsors