Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was dead set on ordering a boxer.... But changed my mind geekvape review and just had conversation with Armageddon on fb messanger and I'm sold on his.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my first squonker. It is a Boxer clone that Raymo posted about a few days ago. It costs $15. I figured I could afford to lose that amount if customs grabbed it. Maybe they haven't seen one before. I've got a Charon coming in soon, which I got for on sale for $30, figuring I can take the hit if they seize it.

I have to say that using an unregulated mod makes me nervous.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got my first squonker. It is a Boxer clone that Raymo posted about a few days ago. It costs $15. I figured I could afford to lose that amount if customs grabbed it. Maybe they haven't seen one before. I've got a Charon coming in soon, which I got for on sale for $30, figuring I can take the hit if they seize it.

I have to say that using an unregulated mod makes me nervous.
Where are you from?

Don't sweat mech mods. Use good genuine batteries, stay above CDR, if nothing happens when you push fire don't keep trying, same if it gets hot. Problem solve those two

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got myself an authentic boxer and I absolutely love this thing!
I'm thinking about buying one of those Armageddon sqounkers next. If they ever get the black back in stock.
46fb410fd5b3e1ddacc1afcf6008bc7b.jpg

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking about buying one of those Armageddon sqounkers next. If they ever get the black back in stock.
He said when they get back from Miami vape expo he should have some. He told me they got surprised by how popular they were.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like a lot about it, but I'm concerned it doesn't let me open the airflow a bit more.
From NarDa to Hadaly, I'm always wishing I had a little more - and this looks like it's maybe in between those two...
Still... might try, if pricing isn't kooky.

View attachment 89381 View attachment 89382 View attachment 89383 have any of you guys heard about this one? looks flavorful! very highly reviewed by flavorchasers.com. then i realized that it was by a company in the Philippines!

just ordered one... I should get it sometime next week. messaged them and they are releasing just 10 units for the vapecon thats happening here in Manila over this coming weekend. just glad that local (at least for me) companies are releasing nice squonk stuff. so im just glad to be able to support them.

http://flavourchasers.com/atomizers/rdas/the-guild-of-modders-philippines-ultimate-1-0-rda/

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I finally decided to jump on the Armageddon squonker (squanker) after all the great feedback about em & the price was right. I'm excited to have some delrin in the stable, I picked up two.. the white/orange door and the black/green door. Should be here by the end of the week. My Apocalypse Gen2's are in heavy squonk rotation anyway so it'll be nice to have matching mods ; ))

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where are you from?

Don't sweat mech mods. Use good genuine batteries, stay above CDR, if nothing happens when you push fire don't keep trying, same if it gets hot. Problem solve those two

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I"m American and live in the UAE. Vaping is picking up some steam here. I'm running into more people all the time, new sites are popping up and maybe they'll relax at customs.

Thanks for the advice. I've got genuine batteries and I'll keep a close eye on it.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
BOLT mods are up NOW on the squonk radar site, blue & black will drop first.
Price conversion from £'s comes out to $177, RRP is $165 but they have to pad the cost a tiny bit for shipping/customs etc.. Shipping to the US is £8.33 so not too bad.
A good opportunity to score a BOLT if yer after one! Gotta be quick!!
www.squonkradar.com

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Price conversion from £'s comes out to $177, RRP is $165 but they have to pad the cost a tiny bit for shipping/customs etc.. Shipping to the US is £8.33 so not too bad.
www.squonkradar.com
Blue & black sold out in 1 minute!!
For fcuks sake (!!)
Other colors coming up...

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow that is great looking. Now I want. How much is the one you are selling? I wasn't interested until see that pic.
Pm me if your really intrested... There only available on facebook and you have to wait for a list to go up and hurry up and x1 to get one. So they are kinda hard to get but not as hard as some mods.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
www.squonkradar.com
I wanted a Bolt for the longest. Now i have a couple other alumide mech sqounkers. So im currently done with alumide, unless i end up selling one of the ones i have. I have a couple delrin mech sqounks on the way, cant wait to get those. Heard delrin feels real nice in the hand. It will be a nice change from all the 3d printed ones i have. I have a GroundKloud Kloak and Molly coming which are both delrin. Then i have an aluminum SQ on order. Man have i gone crazy with the sqounkers. I thought i was bad with regulated mods and rta's. This is going to a whole new level.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanted a Bolt for the longest. Now i have a couple other alumide mech sqounkers. So im currently done with alumide, unless i end up selling one of the ones i have. I have a couple delrin mech sqounks on the way, cant wait to get those. Heard delrin feels real nice in the hand. It will be a nice change from all the 3d printed ones i have. I have a GroundKloud Kloak and Molly coming which are both delrin. Then i have an aluminum SQ on order. Man have i gone crazy with the sqounkers. I thought i was bad with regulated mods and rta's. This is going to a whole new level.

It's funny, I got sucked in without realizing it. I went from mostly cheap(ish) China mods and clone RDA's almost exclusively to American made higher end squonk gear (save for my Coppervape which sits as my backup to my backup).

To be honest, if China could put out some decently priced ($50 or so), original design, quality squonkers I'd jump on them. If I'm paying $50 for a mod I don't want to have to replace contacts and 510s nor have to worry about auto firing (I'm looking at you, Stentorian RAM!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's funny, I got sucked in without realizing it. I went from mostly cheap(ish) China mods and clone RDA's almost exclusively to American made higher end squonk gear (save for my Coppervape which sits as my backup to my backup).

To be honest, if China could put out some decently priced ($50 or so), original design, quality squonkers I'd jump on them. If I'm paying $50 for a mod I don't want to have to replace contacts and 510s nor have to worry about auto firing (I'm looking at you, Stentorian RAM!).

Yeah, i think we will see more and more sqounks come out of China. Its only a matter of time. Sqounking is getting really popular and China will jump aboard when they realize the demand for it. I know a couple Chinese companys have regulated sqounks in the works. Asmodus has one coming out. The Ram which is unregualted is also being released soon if not already.

Sqounking isnt going to be a small sub-group of vaping for long. I bet by the end of this year, you will see alot of Chinese sqounks... I just hope they are worth buying. Seems like the Chinese cant seem to figure out how to build a decent sqounker. They have tried and failed imo, many times.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. Im looking forward to seeing more feedback on the Centurion Ram. I know Mark Fagan just did a review on it with the Armageddon MFG sqounker, and the Boxer 2x700. I havent watched it yet but he put it up yesterday. Prolly check it out when i get out of schoool.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, i think we will see more and more sqounks come out of China. Its only a matter of time. Sqounking is getting really popular and China will jump aboard when they realize the demand for it. I know a couple Chinese companys have regulated sqounks in the works. Asmodus has one coming out. The Ram which is unregualted is also being released soon if not already.

Sqounking isnt going to be a small sub-group of vaping for long. I bet by the end of this year, you will see alot of Chinese sqounks... I just hope they are worth buying. Seems like the Chinese cant seem to figure out how to build a decent sqounker. They have tried and failed imo, many times.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. Im looking forward to seeing more feedback on the Centurion Ram. I know Mark Fagan just did a review on it with the Armageddon MFG sqounker, and the Boxer 2x700. I havent watched it yet but he put it up yesterday. Prolly check it out when i get out of schoool.
That video and vape geeks on the boxer and all the talk about how crappy ginger Vapor customer service has made me wait on Armageddon to get more stock. I was ready to order a boxer but........

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'd settle for what the clone watch industry started doing when US Customs cracked down...making unbranded or self branded homages to the big names. If that YTFK SVA 75 had no logos and a flat 510 I actually think it would be worth more than the clone. Some quality control wouldn't hurt though.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got on this weeks Limelight Gloom list. Who wants to buy all the non-squonk stuff I packed up to sell this spring?

Edit: I'm actually finally going to do a for sale post. Will have 4 clone BF attys, one 3dp 20700 squonk mod, and a bunch of other crap, I mean non-squonky stuff. Unless I stay lazy :p

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That video and vape geeks on the boxer and all the talk about how crappy ginger Vapor customer service has made me wait on Armageddon to get more stock. I was ready to order a boxer but........

I'm still debating a Boxer 2x700 or a toaster. I thought about the Armageddon but I don't want it to be literally a box. I'm big on how it feels in my hand.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya but it's not on shapeways and I don't want to do list list shit on facepuke. I do like the roundness of it though. Would def be much better than a box.
I don't mind boxness in this small of a mod I have a little orca and it is wonderful in the hands

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So this isn't my vid but maybe you fine folks can help me out. I'm having this exact issue and I read like on this page or the page before, if you push your button on a mech and it doesn't fire to not keep trying it. That's exactly what's happening though and I'm not sure what to do about it.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've also been considering getting a tiny little f#cker off shapeways, I adding like $200 worth of shit to my account and waiting on my coupon to be mailed to me, Like SoCal suggested lol.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this isn't my vid but maybe you fine folks can help me out. I'm having this exact issue and I read like on this page or the page before, if you push your button on a mech and it doesn't fire to not keep trying it. That's exactly what's happening though and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Is the 510 adjustable? It not be making the correct contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya but it's not on shapeways and I don't want to do list list shit on facepuke. I do like the roundness of it though. Would def be much better than a box.

Honestly, Marks mods aren't in high demand, his last 3-4 lists he closed due to not many filling the spots...so honestly if you do like that mod, odds are you will get it...

This was the last list for the V3

upload_2017-8-15_14-34-51.png

5 people wanted it lol

Not like the Bolt lists, or the Molly Lists, or <add mod maker here> List that fill up right away ;)

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Is the 510 adjustable? It not be making the correct contact.

It's not adjustable and nothing was loose. I took it all apart and made sure everything was clean (it was/is I got it yesterday). When I put t all back together it fired. /shrug

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Honestly, Marks mods aren't in high demand, his last 3-4 lists he closed due to not many filling the spots...so honestly if you do like that mod, odds are you will get it...

This was the last list for the V3

View attachment 89423

5 people wanted it lol

Not like the Bolt lists, or the Molly Lists, or <add mod maker here> List that fill up right away ;)

My main issue is, other than spending time on this forum I live my life. I'm a member of that group and I didn't even realize there was a list. lol. It seems these facepuke lists are for people that are adamantly stalking everyone they've ever known whilst constantly refreshing the page for the group that might be putting up a list for a mod you may or may not get a chance to pay to much for lol. If I'm going to pay to much for something, I want my purchase to at least be easy and on my own time.

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years

I'm looking at the Stentorian RAM too.

Tony B. From the VaporTrail Channel said on one of his shows that he is making a Squonker with Vandyvape. Let's hope it's by this year.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My main issue is, other than spending time on this forum I live my life. I'm a member of that group and I didn't even realize there was a list. lol. It seems these facepuke lists are for people that are adamantly stalking everyone they've ever known whilst constantly refreshing the page for the group that might be putting up a list for a mod you may or may not get a chance to pay to much for lol. If I'm going to pay to much for something, I want my purchase to at least be easy and on my own time.

Dude, no one is adamantly stalking or refreshing on "facepuke" :/
In your settings for each group there is a notifications preference. Click 'all' or 'highlights' on the mod groups you are interested in and you'll be notified when their lists open, group buys hit, etc..

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

A+ on that

Plenty of places I can blow money on without the BS

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And I thought it was +1 ! No wonder I never made it on the lists......oh, wait, I need to get an FB account first! NaaaHH !! forget that noise.

I have a friend who felt the same, about a month ago he created a fake account just for the squonk stuff. Now he has 6 gorgeous mods, 4 RDA unicorns, flow rings and caps and custom gear up the wazoo. I agree it's not an ideal experience, but it makes 'available' stuff seem archaic. Squonk Radar is on a good path trying to get some of this stuff to everyone.
I'm kinda fortunate since I'm on there everyday for work anyway but it's murdering my bank account!

VU Sponsors