Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I was away....here,
View attachment 87503

and also here, which is, surprisingly, 5 minutes away...
View attachment 87504

...this arrived...and waited 'til today for me to unwrap and fire up!
View attachment 87505

Gorgeous! On a somewhat (resin) related note, I'm strongly considering one of those Stentorian RAM squonk boxes. My only issue is that it isn't fully mechanical as there is a wire running through it on the inside.

WHY DOES PREORDER HAVE TO TAKE SO LOOOOOOOONG?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fourth of July FT order showed up today. Nothing exciting (to you guys anyway) but the Odis 16 clones.

Will do a comparison with the real deal sometime between now and Sunday night
My Fourth of July order just shipped today haha.I had the 5 pack of Therion/Drone bottles in the order,and they keep changing the ship date,i got tired of waiting,so cancelled them so the rest of the order would ship,but now the horror of the wait continues because that puts me at 4 shipped packages i'm waiting on all from Ft haha.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My Fourth of July order just shipped today haha.I had the 5 pack of Therion/Drone bottles in the order,and they keep changing the ship date,i got tired of waiting,so cancelled them so the rest of the order would ship,but now the horror of the wait continues because that puts me at 4 shipped packages i'm waiting on all from Ft haha.

Yeah, I actually have two more orders that are still in the Beijing PO from that day, lol

The key is to break up your order according to when items will ship

The one that came today only had "in stock" items

The other two are also broken up. One was for stuff three days out or more, the other for ships in a week o_O

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had 2 packages shipped from FT. They were shipped 25 minutes apart. One was processed thru the LA facility today, the other is ??? Incidentally, the one with the DNA 75 mod is the one MIA:(

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fourth of July FT order showed up today. Nothing exciting (to you guys anyway) but the Odis 16 clones.

Will do a comparison with the real deal sometime between now and Sunday night
I'd be interested in your opinion, I have a Odis 16 clone on its way.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Bought a mod on the 10th ( not a squonker), didn't get a tracking number til the 13th. No updates until today, seems to have skipped CA which is odd and shows being scanned in Abq NM today. So MAYBE tomorrow or monday. The never ending cycle of checking tracking numbers only to be disappointed to different degrees depending on where each parcel is lol.

My wife has a squonker already. Wriath with a Hadaly clone. ME? I'm waiting on 5 packages from almost as many countries to arrive and I won't use my mod (even though it's going to be first to arrive) until all my packages are here and I can vape it the way I'd originally intended lol.

My biggest mistake? Watching reviews at work during slow times and adding more and more stuff to the list of "Will be periodically checking tracking numbers" lol.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who was it that had Modmaker UK bottles here in the U.S.?
anyone_grande.gif

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I actually have two more orders that are still in the Beijing PO from that day, lol

The key is to break up your order according to when items will ship

The one that came today only had "in stock" items

The other two are also broken up. One was for stuff three days out or more, the other for ships in a week o_O
Yeah,thats what i usually do,but they get me every once in a while haha.I've had a few orders that all items said in stock,then as soon as i paid,they went to eta of xx days.The order that had the bottles was all ships in xx days,so i knew it would take a while,but the funny thing is,the eta on the bottles was the earliest date,they were supposed to be in stock 7/5,the rest was all listed as a week or more out.Everything else was ready to ship 7/5 except the bottles,they got bumped up another 2 days,then another 3,etc. haha.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm..one more assist!!
Anyone got a US source for these little white silicon washers?
I like 'em and could use some extras, but not gonna pay british pounds to ship THAT, lol.

upload_2017-7-21_19-51-3.png

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm..one more assist!!
Anyone got a US source for these little white silicon washers?
I like 'em and could use some extras, but not gonna pay british pounds to ship THAT, lol.

View attachment 87518
Make a mold and make them with silicone rubber from a tube.

Edit: Use 100% silicone 1 not sillicone 2.

Last edited:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks to @Zaxxaz for setting me up with first mech. Little scary but did alot of research on it. I also feel safe cause @minimalsaint made it.
0686ce4220aeac501262d4bc252cba08.jpg
31eb887b109e8008b2e5d2940feb54ec.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Wow this thing is tiny.

Hey, I know that guy!
@SteelDriver you have the transferable warranty, let me know if you ever need anything at all!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay Squonk Fans, I've got a need to pick your brains:

I've got a Hadaly and an O-atty clone. I'm thinking about picking up a couple of Wasp Nanos and I'm wondering how they compare for flavor. Can anyone comment?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've got a Hadaly and an O-atty clone. I'm thinking about picking up a couple of Wasp Nanos and I'm wondering how they compare for flavor. Can anyone comment?

Good flavor easy build..... But....... It can whistle at times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Personally I'm not a fan of the Wasp, mainly because of aesthetics, the built in tip/shape is fugly to me, flavor is okay but not as good as the Hadaly. For 2 Wasps you're not too far away from an authentic Hadaly, I'd go that route. My friend has 2 different clones and we did a comparison one day, the differences are substantial.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I'm not a fan of the Wasp, mainly because of aesthetics, the built in tip/shape is fugly to me, flavor is okay but not as good as the Hadaly. For 2 Wasps you're not too far away from an authentic Hadaly, I'd go that route. My friend has 2 different clones and we did a comparison one day, the differences are substantial.

That's funny because I love the Wasp's look. That one piece top cap is exactly what I look for. I have a slam cap for my Hadaly and I've been thinking about one for the O-atty. Luckily I held out and got three Wasp RDAs for the price of one Odis slam cap haha! Just waiting on the slow boat... you wind up paying one way or another!

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's funny because I love the Wasp's look. That one piece top cap is exactly what I look for. I have a slam cap for my Hadaly and I've been thinking about one for the O-atty. Luckily I held out and got three Wasp RDAs for the price of one Odis slam cap haha! Just waiting on the slow boat... you wind up paying one way or another!

I love how it looks too - have had one for since it came out but haven't built it yet

Ha! Perfect example of 'different strokes for different folks'
Awesome how we all gravitate toward different gear. Makes it fun & unique.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well my Drone arrived today along with the $10.00 overpriced squonk pin for my goon. Not going to vape em together until my mm bottles and my zapwrap arrive. They should be here next week. But I couldn't help but take it out for a quick pic. Next time you see the drone it will look much different.

20170722_160402.jpg 20170722_160440.jpg 20170722_162104.jpg

By the by, I did indeed get 3 bottles inside the drone. Maybe if I ever feel I need to tone my forearms I will pop em in for a good workout.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hadaly slam cap? Could I please have more information.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Happy Sunday, Bonkoz!
Another new George Cloney on the block I haven't seen that some of ya might dig..

IMG_2715.PNG IMG_2716.PNG

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Which further proves my point. How do you even compete with that as a modder? LOL

I know man. And that Solo.
Kinda depressing stuff.
I'm not endorsing it at all but seems plenty of our peeps here have fun with the clones, for my thinking, by the time you buy proper internals, 510 etc, you're really just buying an exterior sub-quality box.
I know a lot that love to tinker with em, and that's totally cool, for me it's just seems like waste of time and money to put that effort toward something that will never be 'quite' right.
Not to mention the clone RDAs, my best friend buys em and next to the authentics they are super stiff and poorly machined. I have yet to come across an accurate 1/1.
There's a Difference between 'Great Deal' and POS ...at any price.
And I'm just a consumer, for guys like you it must be frustrating AF.

VU Sponsors