Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok squonkers, what's your favorite subtank or RTA that you use when not squonking? I have had this tobeco 25mm SuperTank RTA since it was released and it still kicks Ass! Looks good on my GeekVape Mech pro too!
2d579afdca4f577ab96d7a7167afc42d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Azeroth RDTA

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I decided to "upgrade" my Frankenclone. I put a MM 510 in it. Now my question : if you had a choice of contacts between copper, sterling silver and fine (pure) silver, which would you choose?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's only slightly easier to find than a Nuppin!
Ohh LOTS easier to find than a Nuppin since they still make it every day.

Hey if Nuppins are so great why did they quit making them?
Seems like the nuppin people are not too bright to stop making something there is still demand for.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey if Nuppins are so great why did they quit making them?
Seems like the nuppin people are not too bright to stop making something there is still demand for.
It's a niche product that has to be produced in good size batches to keep the price even remotely affordable. I'm confident if Peter felt there was enough demand to justify another batch, he'd have another batch made. But one noisy Bear is not indicative of sufficient demand.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm on an atty buying kick.Trying to find the perfect squonk atty for me. I'll have a pulse22 on Monday,a better quality armor v1 clone on the way from China along with a five pack of the silicone bottles.And just ordered the wasp nano and shift bf from Fasttech.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm on an atty buying kick.Trying to find the perfect squonk atty for me. I'll have a pulse22 on Monday,a better quality armor v1 clone on the way from China along with a five pack of the silicone bottles.And just ordered the wasp nano and shift bf from Fasttech.
You fit in here nicely, Zaxxaz.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The wasp is a nice rda,i have a SS version i picked up about a month ago,and now have the brass version on the way.They seem to be hit or miss though as to whether you can use a drip tip on them or not though.I put one on mine without issue,but have seen several others say theirs would not work with a drip tip.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had these whipped up.
Mostly because hadn't seen them - I like accessories, lol.
O-16 with a clear cap. Non-adjustable air, but the drilled the holes to my spec (admittedly by vendor, they were hand drilled and aren't perfect - but they're fine. It's vaping good.
:D

clearcap1.jpg

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Finally got my Drone BF up and running with the Icon rda. Also bought a Frankenskull clone and have a Hadley on top of that. Im really liking squonking. I might get a nice 3d printed sqounker like an Arkon or Ankor. Any other good sqounkers out there in the under 150-200 range???

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well as the maker of the Goon, 528 Customs, has never sold a product called the Goon Max combined with the fact that the prestigious website 3FVape of China is selling them as "styled" for a mere $7.99 I'm gonna call it a knock off for sure

Well, you are welcome to do so. I am as easily swayed to thinking along your way as well. Do not misunderstand me and think I am "wishy washy". What am is one that sees too many differing views through the various slats in our fence so to speak. Which blind guy was correct in describing the elephant, which was in error?

Yes, I know that seems fence setting or a "cop out" on my part. I say it is not as I find a more difficult path in creating a synthesis and still seeming to find a "way". Yes too, i follow a different drummer. :)

Have you tried any Al2O3 (BD13) wicks?

No not as in the rods. I have though used ReadI-X wick which is ceramic in a bit of line, not quite recalling the exact line type atm, sorry. Had a long "do nothing day" with lots of engaging my dogs. Might try ceramic rods though. Don't mind to try most anything. :)

Adding too. Did not think I would return to tanks. I got fooled. But it is a "genny" type. Bought an RDTA by IJOY, Limitless Classic. Cannot as of yet figure using the rda base included as a sqounk. Think it actually has a blocked, block element that prevents squonking. Ah well, it does nice as a "genny" type :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Taps. Hitting the rack, laundry tomorrow and it was delayed this week so it got backlogged. Run 'er slow. :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got my Drone BF up and running with the Icon rda. Also bought a Frankenskull clone and have a Hadley on top of that. Im really liking squonking. I might get a nice 3d printed sqounker like an Arkon or Ankor. Any other good sqounkers out there in the under 150-200 range???
You could ask @minimalsaint nicely to make you a little Orca that will fill your heart with joy:vino:

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Could get an Octopus with that. They just released a new one with 2 clear doors

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have the wasp, NaRda and petri all set up for bf.
I tend to gravitate to the petri the most on my regulated squonk mods and the wasp or the NaRda the most on my mechs.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But one noisy Bear is not indicative of sufficient demand.
It is true that one flower spring don't make but I am certain that more people than this Bear have been asking for them. How many Nuppins being offered for sale in the classies stick around for more than 30 minutes?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lots of them.

Not my style though, so I won't be much help.

But i will say, in shopping for mechs, go function over form. Choose based on broad contact surface in silver or becu copper. Choose a button placement that works for you.

If it is pretty, good, use it drag queen modeling. But function is king

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just found a squonker that I have to have!!!!! By next month it will be mine........:bliss:
Congratulations...I know that feeling!!
Same thing happened when I sealed the deal for a Tiny Little F#cker, should be here in a week now!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It"s a modder in the UK. Affordable mods is the company name. He makes his mods out of bamboo. The one I'm wanting is the Boris,which is a 20700 mechanical squonker with an 11ml bottle. Will run about $112 shipped.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
I remember looking at his site and thinking how expensive his mods were. Little did I know back then......

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I decided to "upgrade" my Frankenclone. I put a MM 510 in it. Now my question : if you had a choice of contacts between copper, sterling silver and fine (pure) silver, which would you choose?
Pure silver is the only real noticeable gain in performance you may notice.....the body of the mod isnt part of the circuit so no copper or aluminum or brass to keep clean which is a good thing.

Sterling is just silver over copper or nickle...its more of an anti oxidation thing than it would be a performance gain..less maintenance but a gain in performance that you can really only tell with measuring equipment.

Its expensive but id go with pure silver or just leave it copper and keep it shiny...maybe go with a slight gauge increase on the copper...These cheaper mods sure do use a paper thin copper and most likely of cheap quality.

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is even one named after me...

Looking over the available choices there; I think you may wish to be more specific....:)

Ron
---
“Birds scream at the top of their lungs in horrified hellish rage every morning at daybreak to warn us all of the truth, but sadly we don't speak bird.” ― Kurt Cobain

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looking over the available choices there; I think you may wish to be more specific....:)

Ron
---
“Birds scream at the top of their lungs in horrified hellish rage every morning at daybreak to warn us all of the truth, but sadly we don't speak bird.” ― Kurt Cobain
Well, I'm not the "Rude Pope", nor am I "Tiny".

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't heard much about the Geek Vape squonk mod! Any of you folks have it? I've heard the Drone had some minor (mostly fitting and such) problems. Anyone happen to have both? If you had to do it over, which one would you pass, which would you get?

Jlankford3336

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got the Geekvape box pretty decent mod. Two batteries is a big plus. As a matter of fact I'm using it right now!!

Attachments

• IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee