Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My first squonker! Thanks to @minimalsaint he hooked it up. Always wanted a squonker, let alone an orca. After I just missed the sale he made to Lucy he was kind enough to pm me and let me know he had another he was willing to part with. I am in absolute love. Long time squonking here I come!
View attachment 80527

I'll have to buy a new CopperVape & then mysteriously on accident have it shipped to an address you supply for some odd damn reason. You can blame alien abduction, Bob will cover for us on that. We all do nutty stuff on the squonker list and we blame aliens. Bob, he just nods and everyone buys it and leaves us be. He once lost a galaxy or something, so i guess they figure he's good for abductions or what not, too. :)

I suggest this because the CopperVape is a lot more ergonomic than the square holes on the sides boxes. Don't get me wrong those are fine and well too. Some though rather be a bit more intuitive in squonking. I always have to go hunting for the squonk on the boxes but never with the CopperVape. No, instead I try firing it by squonking it instead. But it's all good. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And a little more room in the freezer. I think I have 12 years of Nic.

Not enough. You need another twenty four years worth at least. Figure then you can ration it out to the eggplants & tomatoes. Everyone just knows they require nicotine to grow. ;)

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ordered my modmaker UK bits last night and I picked up a few of these guys... still the supersoft bottle but what sold me was the knurled cap. For some reason I have the hardest time with that damn slippery SS cap so I'm hoping these will be an improvement!
Also pretty stoked that they got the MM510 in stock, so my next round of orcas will all have them rather than the varitube connectors. Still not sold on "better than" but definitely more of a pleasure to build with the MM510!
5Xx7bsq.jpg

Last edited:

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered my modmaker UK bits last night and I picked up a few of these guys... still the supersoft bottle but what sold me was the knurled cap. For some reason I have the hardest time with that damn slippery SS cap so I'm hoping these will be an improvement!
Also pretty stoked that they got the MM510 in stock, so my next round of orcas will all have them rather than the varitube connectors. Still not sold on "better than" but definitely more of a pleasure to build with the MM510!
5Xx7bsq.jpg
I really want to get some of those to try.And a few of the 510's,but that $13 shipping is a bitch.Wish someone in the U.S. would carry them.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really want to get some of those to try.And a few of the 510's,but that $13 shipping is a bitch.Wish someone in the U.S. would carry them.

The multipack buys are a good deal and offset the cost of shipping, I have no doubt you could sell the extras here if you wanted to. Give it another couple of weeks until they are out of stock and people will start hunting for them!

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Before they got the caps done they were selling the bottles separate. They are slightly softer/thinner than italian super soft bottles and seal much better than recent ones on supersoft caps. I need to get some of them with the caps to check them out too.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was just a solar system. Jeez People keep blowing things out of proportion. I am sure it will turn up someday.

You're still one of my favorite aliens, no matter what. :) :D At least you told me why to keep off the grass. That race of Glyons living in the lawns needs protected. Who would have ever thought you could micro size an entire planet to integrate in lawns. *smh* Some of you aliens is plain out weird, and that says much coming from a human mutant.

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
5Xx7bsq.jpg

Thanks for the heads up - I ordered some. But now I'll have too many extra bottles, so I'm probably going to need another Orca. And you know, I don't have one yet with a MM 510, soooooo.....

Hopefully SOMEBODY out there will have something to tempt me with soon! :banana:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
5Xx7bsq.jpg

Will these fit the Orca? REO?

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Will these fit the Orca? REO?
The bottle is within a hairs breath of the same size as a SS bottle. The cap I can't say. Reminds me I need so heat shrink tubing to protect my mech's switch arms from touching metal bottle caps, just in case.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You make the Orcas?
I dunno where I read that you made the reos, maybe I read wrong.

I buy the orcas as plain enclosures and build them, I'm not a manufacturer of them. Floris Delfino is the manufacturer.
Rob is the man @ Reosmods, and I'm nowhere near his level lol!

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll have to buy a new CopperVape & then mysteriously on accident have it shipped to an address you supply for some odd damn reason. You can blame alien abduction, Bob will cover for us on that. We all do nutty stuff on the squonker list and we blame aliens. Bob, he just nods and everyone buys it and leaves us be. He once lost a galaxy or something, so i guess they figure he's good for abductions or what not, too. :)

I suggest this because the CopperVape is a lot more ergonomic than the square holes on the sides boxes. Don't get me wrong those are fine and well too. Some though rather be a bit more intuitive in squonking. I always have to go hunting for the squonk on the boxes but never with the CopperVape. No, instead I try firing it by squonking it instead. But it's all good. :)
Wow you must really like that coppervape. Seems very popular round' these parts. Where would a regular joe shmo like me get one?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Liking this lineup a lot, I can't seem to put the Peerless down. :)

2iD9Bwdl.jpg

Peerless DNA screen if anyone else uses them.
View attachment 80152

Troll does your Peerless leak from the negative post screw under the deck? Don't know how to fix this I can almost put up with the deck if I can only fix this damn leak!

Must admit I really like the flavour I get from the Peerless as well as the draw much more so than the icon (overhyped that one IMO) although quality is really good

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

True story:
I had some extra funds to burn last November and I decided to splurge on one of the DaVinci baccus stabwood squonkers. All went well until my bank fraud department called to see why there was an attempt to buy something in Italy. They stopped the transaction, I gave the approval and when they tried to reprocess it was gone.
It pissed me off so badly that I remember saying out loud in the discount tire lobby:
"Well FUCK YOU, I'm gonna build one then."
And I did. Lots of them LOL.
I've been offered trades for the baccus boxes since then, but I always refuse. To be honest I'm much happier with my own work than I ever was or will be with anyone else's..... maybe it's your sign?

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
True story:
I had some extra funds to burn last November and I decided to splurge on one of the DaVinci baccus stabwood squonkers. All went well until my bank fraud department called to see why there was an attempt to buy something in Italy. They stopped the transaction, I gave the approval and when they tried to reprocess it was gone.
It pissed me off so badly that I remember saying out loud in the discount tire lobby:
"Well FUCK YOU, I'm gonna build one then."
And I did. Lots of them LOL.
I've been offered trades for the baccus boxes since then, but I always refuse. To be honest I'm much happier with my own work than I ever was or will be with anyone else's..... maybe it's your sign?

yeah, have been tempted to throw in some MM510s on my upcoming bottle order

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Troll does your Peerless leak from the negative post screw under the deck? Don't know how to fix this I can almost put up with the deck if I can only fix this damn leak!

Must admit I really like the flavour I get from the Peerless as well as the draw much more so than the icon (overhyped that one IMO) although quality is really good
To be honest I haven't had the Peerless off of the inbox since it arrived so I just just checked it and it's dry as a bone. I use Kidney Puncher mod savers on all my gear to keep atty scratch marks down, if something is going to seep it will usually seep out between the saver and the atty first.

I would get a small tube of Aquarium Silicone, remove the negative post and apply a little around the base of the post. Screw it back in and let it set for 24hrs. That should make a nice gasket between the deck and the post without any connectivity problems.

I'm loving the flavor on the Peerless, with a simple 24g dual build in it. I have a KLS (styled) inbound and that might unseat the Peerless on the Inbox for flavor.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Purchased ten of them this morning, with regular post shipping to Alaska, cost after pound to dollar exchange was $46.25

Bought 6 soft Italians from Rob last month, cost was $39. Seven would have cost $45

We'll see how long they take to ship from across the pond, but I think this was a steal, especially if they outperform the Italian ones

That last batch was on the shitty side - the tubing included are pure garbage

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just signed up been following this thread for a while. Quit smoking with a reo. So much great squonk stuff coming out now.

Nice - and great that you landing in this thread first :wave:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Purchased ten of them this morning, with regular post shipping to Alaska, cost after pound to dollar exchange was $46.25

Bought 6 soft Italians from Rob last month, cost was $39. Seven would have cost $45

We'll see how long they take to ship from across the pond, but I think this was a steal, especially if they outperform the Italian ones

That last batch was on the shitty side - the tubing included are pure garbage
Same for the 510 connectors, they are a few dollars more than a varitube but with the multi-discount on both the connectors and bottles, with shipping included it was really the same amount I would've spent on parts elsewhere.
I'll second the comment about the last batch of bottles from reosmods. Not impressed.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

That's a purchase I'd like to make! Any chance you could send me a link or company name and part# number/description? I'm thinking if worse comes to worst, a 510 for a mech squonker would be the toughest thing to get/make.

I've got a friend who is handy and he likes the DIY juice I make...:)

Ron
---
"Buy the ticket, take the ride."- Hunter S. Thompson

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's a purchase I'd like to make! Any chance you could send me a link or company name and part# number/description? I'm thinking if worse comes to worst, a 510 for a mech squonker would be the toughest thing to get/make.

I've got a friend who is handy and he likes the DIY juice I make...:)

Ron
---
"Buy the ticket, take the ride."- Hunter S. Thompson

@minimalsaint turned us on to it this a.m. ModMaker.co.uk

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Though about it but would rather give you monies and just play with doors.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you'd ever like to expand a little, I'd happily refer buyers to you for a kickass door, just say the word. I get lots of requests but I have to use my time wisely these days and stabwood doors aren't priority #1 TBH.

VU Sponsors