Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Lil' Pinchs & Nuppins! priced just right when I'm trying to be a responsible adult. This is going to be hard.

This is the last thing I needed to see after a rough night....

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Both threads are closed now - dilemma solved itself, lol

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That was close. I could have become a victim.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was sent to wrong address..lol...ill send it where it was supposed to go or back to sender..waiting to find out which one.

My reading of this thread seems to indicate almost all good U.S. vape mail is delivered to one destination.

To expedite matters I would simply cross out my name & address, write "Juicy Lucy" on the package and then drop it in the nearest USPS mailbox. :yes:

Ron
---
"The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you."- B. B. King

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My reading of this thread seems to indicate almost all good U.S. vape mail is delivered to one destination.

To expedite matters I would simply cross out my name & address, write "Juicy Lucy" on the package and then drop it in the nearest USPS mailbox. :yes:

Ron
---
"The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you."- B. B. King

What a great idea!!!

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good morning fellow squonkers!

I come to you once again seeking help!

So I ordered the soft bottles from Reos mods and am having an issue. There seems to be a leak at the top of the bottle causing poor squonk performance as well as leaking inside the bottle compartment. Please help me with a way to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance

1492890316968-580969977.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

So I ordered the soft bottles from Reos mods and am having an issue. There seems to be a leak at the top of the bottle causing poor squonk performance as well as leaking inside the bottle compartment. Please help me with a way to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance

View attachment 80342

Haven't used one in the drone yet - but you have to really tighten that stainless steel cap to prevent leakage

I believe a few folks had problems with the latest batch out and have added gaskets to prevent leakage but not positive how they did it :confused:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thank you in advance

View attachment 80342
Try pulling the tubing out slightly if it's leaking at the tube....if it's leaking at the top with the tubing removed heat the top with the metal cap using a lighter......don't melt the plastic, just heat it enough so it's good and hot, then try to close the cap some more. Let it cool, give it a try.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One other thing, Brian...don't squeeze the shit out of the bottle, it needs very VERY little pressure to put juice in the atty.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's not much threading where the SS meets the bottle.
Is the liquid coming out UNDER the cap, you think? If so - that's the problem I've had too:

There's a recommended way to break it in - empty, pinching off the tube and SQUEEEEEZING hard to make pressure and improve that cap/bottle seal.

Personally, I didn't have success with that, so I found ANOTHER approach that HAS worked for me.
With a new squishy bottle, I put the cap on, and HEAT it with a lighter - then dip in water to cool, and wipe off any black from the lighter.
That seems to make a difference.

Or just SCREW IT REAL TIGHT, since it's full. You will KNOW if you now have an airtight seal at the cap - the squonk action is totally different.

Thank you in advance

View attachment 80342

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Brewbear bought the Nuppin.....and the blue Li'l Pinch to go with the Nuppin!:bunny::confetti::hearts::hearts: But thank you for thinking of me.

Darn - I really needed that brass jobber Brewski :giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Okay Squonkeroos - looking for opinions here

Would you consider an REO Grand safer for a newb than a P67?

I'm leaning towards Grand, just because of the safety built into the top button providing easier access to lock the firing button as opposed to having to go inside a P67 to lock it

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I'm leaning towards Grand, just because of the safety built into the top button providing easier access to lock the firing button as opposed to having to go inside a P67 to lock it
I would not.
I've never owned a p67, but to my knowledge the contacts are greatly improved. With most people building lower these days, I would say that takes precedence over easy locking.
Not to mention as easy as the grand is to lock, it's just as easy to unlock.- like when it's in your pocket- that happened to me once.

BAM crew

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I would not.
I've never owned a p67, but to my knowledge the contacts are greatly improved. With most people building lower these days, I would say that takes precedence over easy locking.
Not to mention as easy as the grand is to lock, it's just as easy to unlock.- like when it's in your pocket- that happened to me once.

BAM crew

Hmm, for what it's worth, the P67 in question is older but brand new and builds, at least for the foreseeable future, fairly high, 1.5 ohms-ish

If I get them a Grand, will most likely come new from Rob

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With aluminum being a better conductor than brass im not sure why i would buy the brass coppervape but its going to happen anyways for looks more than anything.

Id really like to find a squonk pin conversion for a kennedy 25 thats not $15.00 plus shipping and get a matching brass kennedy rda clone...i wouldve figured fasttech would have a cheap one by now but cant find one.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Ron
---
Lol..i buy from the shipper and get awesome deals...i want that to continue..lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With aluminum being a better conductor than brass im not sure why i would buy the brass coppervape but its going to happen anyways for looks more than anything.
For what it's worth, and keep in mind I'm new to this squonk madness, to ma at least, it feels the brass hits harder than the aluminum. I have both but use the brass at home and aluminum in the car.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I would not.

BAM crew

Haven't had that happen - yet

Figure anytime you carry around a mech you are taking a real risk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For what it's worth, and keep in mind I'm new to this squonk madness, to ma at least, it feels the brass hits harder than the aluminum. I have both but use the brass at home and aluminum in the car.
Well scientifically a huge difference in conductivity but ill certainly experiment with it when i get one...id pay $100 for a copper version if they would ever make one..lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't had that happen - yet

Figure anytime you carry around a mech you are taking a real risk
You are for certain!
I carry around a tube mech quite a bit now. But early on I tried and was so absent minded to lock the damn thing. I've got a nice beautiful burn scar where it went off on my lap and I didn't know until I could smell the fresh burning flesh. After that I bought the prax1s and and it took me while to start using my other mechanicals again.

BAM crew

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't know enough to opine, but I prefer the front fire button to the top one. Not many mods have top fire buttons and for a newb, it might be easier with a front button. That being said, you are a great person indeed to get a newb started with such awesome gear.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Damn, lucky newb that gets to start out on a REO regardless of model!

Would you believe I was a newb in need of guidance? ;)

I'm sure you have probably already considered this but I'd probably set them up on a Coppervape at first and then see how that goes. My thought process, however, is probably tainted by a few other situations where I gave setups to friends/family only to find they never really gave it a shot.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We need a mech tube mod pouch you can clip on or use a belt to carry with...Maybe a pepper spray carrier would work.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Damn, lucky newb that gets to start out on a REO regardless of model!

Would you believe I was a newb in need of guidance? ;)

I'm sure you have probably already considered this but I'd probably set them up on a Coppervape at first and then see how that goes. My thought process, however, is probably tainted by a few other situations where I gave setups to friends/family only to find they never really gave it a shot.

It's for someone I love dearly who is seriously down and out. Already got her a Pico squeeze and Dripbox 2.

I promised her a Cadillac if she could quit smoking and she is there :) or the CV would be an excellent choice for a first mech.

Going this route because she needs something that will hold up, repairable, etc and I can easily/cheaply fix if it ever came down to it

EDIT: They are also much safer than other mechs for a starter

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We need a mech tube mod pouch you can clip on or use a belt to carry with...Maybe a pepper spray carrier would work.
Someone used to make and sell a sleave for doing just that.
The popularity of boxes killed the demand though
https://vapesox.com
0565ffde4bbfd1381a19b519deca873f.jpg

BAM crew

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's for someone I love dearly who is seriously down and out. Already got her a Pico squeeze and Dripbox 2.

I promised her a Cadillac if she could quit smoking and she is there :) or the CV would be an excellent choice for a first mech.

Going this route because she needs something that will hold up, repairable, etc and I can easily/cheaply fix if it ever came down to it

EDIT: They are also much safer than other mechs for a starter
The XXX from vaperzcloud is really safe.

Also- don't forget how important I am to the BAM crew. I've been feeling pretty down lately

BAM crew

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The XXX from vaperzcloud is really safe.

Also- don't forget how important I am to the BAM crew. I've been feeling pretty down lately

BAM crew

Straight from the BAM crew playbook!

I felt left out from the BAM crew :( though figured through default, I was in it :sad:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Straight from the BAM crew playbook!

I felt left out from the BAM crew :( though figured through default, I was in it :sad:
I didn't think there would be any question at all.

From what I understood, we could smell our own.

BAM crew

VU Sponsors