Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Success story: I started vaping a while ago. Went from pens to tanks. Then got squonking. Then to mechs. Now, today, I believe I have reached the promised land. Two Reo Grand Lp's with O-Atty clones, and a Frankenfake, with a NARda clone. I got rid of all my regulated stuff, except for one with a Goon to do taste tests. I'm a pretty satisfied guy at this point and that's always been a hard place for me to get to. Just wanted to share. Special thanks to Lucy.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
up to 800 grit on my orca/dicodes

can only get up to 2000 grit locally, which i'll get saturday, hoping that brings it up smooth enough

one edge has a bit of bad machining that i'll need to work on, and hopefully not ruin the flushness of the door in the process

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
up to 800 grit on my orca/dicodes

can only get up to 2000 grit locally, which i'll get saturday, hoping that brings it up smooth enough

one edge has a bit of bad machining that i'll need to work on, and hopefully not ruin the flushness of the door in the process

Ooooooo you're getting there!
So regarding going above 2000 grit:
Hit up a local beauty store that sells manicure supplies, particularly 3 or 4-way buffing blocks.
I believe the ones I use have 2500 to 4000 grit and it's a comfortable foam block for happy fingers lol

That is: if you want to go nuts and polish it.....
wUmiUR1.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ooooooo you're getting there!
So regarding going above 2000 grit:
Hit up a local beauty store that sells manicure supplies, particularly 3 or 4-way buffing blocks.
I believe the ones I use have 2500 to 4000 grit and it's a comfortable foam block for happy fingers lol
wUmiUR1.jpg

Thanks, still waiting on dicodes board. And battery contacts I couldn't find local, estimate date to get them isn't until 24th.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can get above 2500 grit at Walmart. It's in the automotive department. Look around the touch up paint area

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Orca has landed. Huge thanks to Minimalsaint and his awesome work. This thing is TINY and I can fit my Italian diaphragm bottles in.

d317d4e2c4cc357f82c8ae098a821aaf.jpg

34d65c209566f9e4ce9c715dcd9460a3.jpg

Feels more solid than my octo. I think I need more of these.
I love it! :inlove:
Let me know if you need anything as well!

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
African Blackwood. I'm going for "natural" oil/wax finish.

Real wood. None of this hybrid resin off cut rubbish.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Very nice. I've been ogling some wood recently as well, itching to get back out and play in the shed...
I'm the meantime I've got a side-squonker that has me going in circles, but I think I've got a winner, just need the kids to help me get it together.
No Dale, it's not a joke. Gonna have some fun with these. Here's YOUR block....
ZZRePjL.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very nice. I've been ogling some wood recently as well, itching to get back out and play in the shed...
I'm the meantime I've got a side-squonker that has me going in circles, but I think I've got a winner, just need the kids to help me get it together.
No Dale, it's not a joke. Gonna have some fun with these. Here's YOUR block....
ZZRePjL.jpg
Hahaha.....:D

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anything on your frug radar?

Not really, just stocking up on little stuff

Oh, and replacing that Frankenskull clone I traded off, lol

Love those little things. If it wasn't for that goofy cartoon on them I'd probably buy one of the real ones. With silver contacts those things would rock like a bitch

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not really, just stocking up on little stuff

Oh, and replacing that Frankenskull clone I traded off, lol

Love those little things. If it wasn't for that goofy cartoon on them I'd probably buy one of the real ones. With silver contacts those things would rock like a bitch

Hmm...

couple Little 16's (I like single coil, small chamber. Weird - but true.)
SXK Hadaly (Yeah, I know your opine on that one. What the heck - Ricky will try anything once.)

That's gonna do it for me. No Frankenskull. Just somehow seems wrong while waiting on a P67 tumbled. :giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yup! Got one of the Sputnik lookalikes. They vape well and if you don't want a super tight draw, you'll like it. It's little brother allows for a tighter draw but holds less juice. Decent quality on both. They're held together by o-rings so careful with them.

You mean it vapes well but it's janky like the Origen Little clone :giggle:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New Orca was here waiting for me!!
I'm sick as hell...haven't even vaped it yet - but...finish and doors are BEEEEOOOOTEEEEFul.
In the background - first Orca, and his big brother Galactika who moved in too...:D
THANKS @minimalsaint !!!

View attachment 77101

YAY! So much my pleasure!
What a nice family!
So glad you like everything, I've no doubt you'll enjoy when you're feeling better :D

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So this just happened...
OrcaOrdered.JPG
Going to either rebuild my white delrin one or gut the bad, bad, not good 3d printed dna75 squonker I got from a local shop at ECC Detroit. That D22x1mm+12mm means I am going to use the new MM510 squonker connector with a washer.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had to get it working! Perfect!!
Went with known entity (the Goon just came today too) - a black/black Nuppin setup - so you mostly see that door!

Also, like @TheSneakerWhore did, I put in one of those bottles with the gasket...so far no leak...

setup1.jpg
YAY! So much my pleasure!
What a nice family!
So glad you like everything, I've no doubt you'll enjoy when you're feeling better :D

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors