Square Enix Announces New Legend of Mana Anime Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
A Legend of Mana anime series is currently in the works, Square Enix announced Monday.

Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal is being produced by Warner Bros. Japan (production on MADHOUSE’s Mob Psycho 100), Graphinica Inc (Hellsing: The Dawn, Juni Taisen, and Hellsing: Ultimate’s final three episodes) and Yokohama Animation Lab.

Square Enix says the anime will follow the events of Legend of Mana, and released a piece of teaser art along with the announcement. Check it out below.

[caption] Legend of Mana: The Teardrop Crystal anime teaser art Legend of Mana: The Teardrop Crystal anime teaser art[/caption]
Graphinica and Yokohama Animation Lab previously worked together on the Legend of Mana remake’s opening cinematic, which you can watch below.

[ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/06/13/legend-of-mana-teaser-trailer"]
The anime is planned to air worldwide, but Square Enix has yet to announce which streaming platforms it will land on or a release date.

"When the animation project was first pitched to me, the remastering of 'Legend of Mana' was not even in discussion," Mana series producer Masaru Oyamada. "I initially attended the meeting without deep thoughts, but when Mr. Yawata from Warner Bros. Japan passionately pitched the 'Legend of Mana' animation project (with so much love), I realized I need to created the game as soon as I can. So rumor has it, that’s how the HD remaster project began. Fans of the Legend of Mana, please be assured. The people involved in the project still have the love for the series just the same as back then."

IGN’s Seth Macy gave the Legend of Mana remake a seven out of 10, calling it a “beautiful modern rendering of a PlayStation classic,” while noting it retained a lot of the original’s issues.

[ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/06/23/legend-of-mana-review"]
Square Enix also announced that Legend of Mana is releasing on Android and iOS devices today, featuring touch controls and customizable graphics settings.

A new free-to-play action RPG titled “Echoes of Mana” is also coming to mobile devices in 2022. It will feature a new story that brings new and old characters together, along with a multiplayer mode. The trailer shows off what appears to be characters from the Adventures, Trials, and Secrets of Mana games.

[poilib element="accentDivider"]
Joseph Knoop is a writer/producer/legend of blah-blah for IGN.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors