Become a Patron!

Spit back only on one of the mods I own

Hi not sure where to post this, sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I wanted to know if anyone else has the same experience I am having regarding spit backs. i noticed that the spit back will be present on a mod I use then when I switch to a different mod it vapes with no issues. I tried google but could not find anything. I figured I would ask the experienced and fellow vapers on what their thoughts are regarding this matter.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you be more specific with what mods you use and which one has spit back?

Usually too much power or an over saturated wick/coil can splatter like hot grease.

Any differences in wattage between the devices used?

I built a dual coil 22 gauge kanthal 5 wraps 2.5 ID 0.15 ohms on a dead rabbit RDA used it first on a mod with 20700 dual batteries @ 90 watts spit back happens, decreased it to 60 watts still present, increased it to 80 watts spit back still there.
Switched it to a mod that runs dual 18650 batteries at 60 watts, smooth and cool vape.
went back to the dual 20700 batteries and ran it at 50 watts noticed a huge decrease in spit back but poping sound still present but more comfortable vape.
e-juice is a 70/30 fruit flavor combinations of sweet and sour taste.
not sure why there is spit back on the device I want to use.
I must be wrong to think lower ohms required higher watts?
Wick is neither lose nor too tight BTW.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
To high or too little wattage can cause spitback , also if you are painting the coils and over saturating the cotton it can be a cause. Lastly wicking inside the coil ..tighten it up a bit I find helps alleviate a lot of the problem

To high or too little wattage can cause spitback , also if you are painting the coils and over saturating the cotton it can be a cause. Lastly wicking inside the coil ..tighten it up a bit I find helps alleviate a lot of the problem

From what I Gather a tighter wick helps remove the spit back. Going to rewick and try and get a tighter fit.
Thank you for the reply,
Will that have any effects on the flavor or vapor production? I was told to always make sure never to have too little or too much cotton from the videos I have watched on youtube.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
From what I Gather a tighter wick helps remove the spit back. Going to rewick and try and get a tighter fit.
Thank you for the reply,
Will that have any effects on the flavor or vapor production? I was told to always make sure never to have too little or too much cotton from the videos I have watched on youtube.

It’s really hard to explain how much cotton you need it’s the elusive “not too much or too little conundrum” haha it’s a feel thing mate some attys required more, others less at least in my experience ...if you put too much in you’ll notice it can’t keep up and that’s ever more noticeable if you take long draws...if you put too little in, it pops and spits

I use a pin and push through the centre of the coil once wicked, If im having to push on the pin hard; I know it’s too much, if there’s too little; it’ll glide through like butter if that helps at all?

DodgeSwinger72

Member For 1 Year
Look i to the irish wicking method. Find it to work the best. Unless you over juice the coils. So as long as you dont have a soup bowl in your rda you should be good. Look up wicking test on youtube. Ill see if i can find the video and post it.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors