Become a Patron!

Spirit AIO RDTA 90W Kit - Vzone

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Spirit AIO RDTA 90W Kit from Vzone. The Spirit AIO RDTA 90W Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Yolanda from Vzone.

http://www.vzonecigs.com/spirit-kit/41.html

In the Box

Contents:

VZone Spirit kit (18650 not included)
2 x Spirit wires (0.15ohm)
9 x Silicone rings
Wrench
4 x Screws
Organic cotton
USB cable
User manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

I liked the look of the Spirit as soon as i took the box lid off the packaging. The device's spine is the Black battery door fitted very securely with magnets and also covers the back third of both sides. The top of the device is also Black then the rest of the Spirit is in the colour of choice, I received the Blue which is a Cyan Blue, it is also available in Black, Red, Yellow and Silver. On the spine of the battery door, on the vertical we have "SPIRIT" printed in white and very good venting top and bottom, the top of the device to one side sits what looks like an RDA, but once pulling the sleeve off we see it's an RDTA AIO system. Both sides of the Spirit has a large viewing window so your juice level can be easily seen at all times, one side towards the bottom there is the micro USB port. The bottom half of the front of the device is a nice mini fire bar which can be pressed anywhere to activate, moving to the bottom we have branding, safety stamps and more venting, this time for the chip. I really like the way the device feels in the hand and fires once i got use to the fire bar being at the bottom and on the same side as the atomiser, the build quality of the device is very impressive.

The Spirit Specs:

Size:49x80x26mm
Capacity: 5.5ml
Weight: 106g
Material: Zinc Alloy, Stainless Steel, Plastic
Colours: Black, Blue, Red, Yellow, Silver
Max output Wattage: 90W
Output Voltage – max: 4.2V
Output Current – max: 30A
USB charging 5V/2A
LED battery capacity indicator
All in one device
Atomiser: RDTA – built in – not replaceable
Battery: 18650×1 not included
Colours: Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver

The RDTA

The Sleeve has large duel cyclops airflow which can be adjusted with ease by turning the mouthpiece, the sleeve pulls off to reveal the deck, the surround of the deck screws off which makes building easy. The deck is duel posts with 2 post holes per post, between these we have a raised pipe which is hollow at the top, the deck can be unscrewed from the device to reveal the pipe extends below with 2 large holes so you add your liquid straight down the middle of the pipe, it then comes out the 2 holes in the pipe below the deck to fill the tank. The bottom of the fill pipe is your 510 connector which screws into the connector inside the tank to complete connection. The mouthpiece has a suspended bung which when attached seals the top of the fill pipe and also helps to stop spit back, the bung/spit back guard is low enough that i can't see why there would be a reduction in flavour. The build is a standard duel build and the ends of cotton poke through the 4 wicking holes in the deck, The deck is raised up so the coils line up very nicely with the airflow.

The 510 Plate

The Spirit as well as an RDTA AIO device can be used as a standard direct output device using other tanks with the use of the supplied attachable 510 plate. The 510 plate has an extension underneath with a 510 connector, simply remove sleeve and unscrew the deck then screw the 510 plate into place in the same fashion the deck gets screwed on. The plate fits great, the internal tank of the device becomes redundant when the plate is fitted.

Using the Spirit

The device is the standard 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off and when turning on the internal tank flashes blue with full battery or red with low battery, the LED indicator is situated underneath the tank. The Spirit is a direct output device but comes with plenty of safety features which are, charging protection, low voltage protection, short circuit protection and over vape protection, the device will also only fire down to 0.1 resistance and has a 90w cap. The battery indication although in my opinion looks cool lighting up both viewing windows is pretty useless as all you get is a blue light above 3.7volts and a red light below 3.7 volts, there really should be a minimum of 3 indications , preferably 5 to give you a very good idea of your battery life. It does say on their website the device lights red between 3.0v - 3.7v but after using the device and noticing the very slight drop off with 0.12 build i believe this is an error and should read 3.2v - 3.7v.

Performance

The device works very nicely with no noticeable delay and i was impressed with the flavour from the RDTA, not excellent but still very good. Being a direct output device as the battery runs down there will be a drop off in wattage. I used the supplied coils and the build came out at 0.12 which meant the 90w cap came into play but also meant i suffered no noticeable drop off as even when down to 3.2v the device is still giving 85w, obviously with a build of higher resistance the drop off would be noticeable like with a mechanical device. The RDTA has huge airflow I personally preferred it only a third open, although i don't normally vape at 90w i enjoyed vaping at that wattage with the RDTA. I also before even doing a build tried the device with the 510 plate fitted and it works as a standard direct output device just fine. Although i wouldn't recommend charging the battery in the device the Spirit does support 2A charging

Using the device as a standard direct output device.

Good build quality
Good flavour from RDTA
Like filling method
Attachable 510 plate
Large Capacity
Safety Features
Coils, cotton and plenty of spares included
Feels nice in hand once i got use to it
Very secure battery door
Nice airflow
Suffered no spitback
2A charging
Easy build
Plenty of colour options

Dislikes

Poor battery indication
Needed to get use to fire bar position
No single coil option

Conclusion

A very good direct output AIO RDTA device, which can also be used as a standard device when fitting the 510 plate. The flavour from the RDTA was good and gives a smooth vape.

I would once again like to thank Yolanda from Vzone for supplying the Spirit AIO RDTA 90W Kit for the purpose of this review.

http://www.vzonecigs.com/spirit-kit/41.html

VU Sponsors