Become a Patron!

Spinning center posts

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All of my attys aftertime have developed the magic ability to spin the center post. I have been gripping them with needle nose while I screw the post screws down. Anyone know of any fixes for this. My tugboat looks like a animal got ahold of it. I would like to prevent chewing it up worse than it is.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
depending on what rda you are trying to refurbish, fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html has some replacement posts, delrin sleeves, positive contacts and other replacement parts.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
depending on what rda you are trying to refurbish, fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html has some replacement posts, delrin sleeves, positive contacts and other replacement parts.

My main concern is my tugboat V2. I'll check them out. Clones are cheap and can be replaced. I would like to keep my high end stuff in good shape.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This happens with my plume veil clones. I wrap a towel around it to avoid scratching it and then put some pliers around the top and bottom and squeeze it back in. It will hold it for a while before I have to do it again.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have a KFL clone that has that problem. I just have to be careful with it every time I rebuild the coils.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Iamme if you mean you clamp your tanks by their 510 threads with your pliers then your shearing the threads. Fitting the tank in a mod whilst rebuilding or an ohms meter will keep it still.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Iamme if you mean you clamp your tanks by their 510 threads with your pliers then your shearing the threads. Fitting the tank in a mod whilst rebuilding or an ohms meter will keep it still.

No no no. I've been vaping for 3 years. Two of the cardinal rules are don't take pliers to a 510 and finger tight, IMO. I meant I grip the actual center post below the post hole while I tighten the center screw. I grip it as soft as I can without letting it spin. I usually turn off my box mods and leave the atty on the mod to rebuild. I don't clamp anything.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On a clone for 10-20$$$ or on something like an IGO I can understand that you get what you pay for. On a atty that is above $75, I would think they could find a solution to prevent it. My buddy has had the same issue on his.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No no no. I've been vaping for 3 years. Two of the cardinal rules are don't take pliers to a 510 and finger tight, IMO. I meant I grip the actual center post below the post hole while I tighten the center screw. I grip it as soft as I can without letting it spin. I usually turn off my box mods and leave the atty on the mod to rebuild. I don't clamp anything.
got ya! your pos post is spinning. i don't grip mine

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It was solid at fist after about 2 months it loosened. If I don't grip it, the minute it gets to the point of a little snug it spins. At that point the wire is still to lose and the ohms jump unless I tighten it down.

Nothing on fattdady, but I wonder if the guys I got it off of may know where to get parts. They are good about stuff. I'm lucky enough to Live 20 minute from a well know shops B&M.

VU Sponsors