Become a Patron!

SOV Eclipse - Pin Connection Issue?

Mad Mensch

Member For 4 Years
Hi all,

I've had a science of vaping eclipse tank for a few weeks now and since I got it I pretty much wrote it off as being useless because the vapor was so weak and flavor was abysmal with this tank. I was using it on a Vaporshark DNA 40 and a MVP 30. Then today I got my IPV4 back from warranty and decided to try the tank on that mod and what do you know the tank is actually performing like it should with excellent vapor and flavor. I set all 3 mods at 30 watts to compare and there is a huge difference on the IPV4.

The only physical difference between my IPV4 and the other two mods is the pin on the IPV4 is adjustable and the eclipse does not sit flush on the IPV4 even when screwed in all the way. On the DNA40 and MVP it sits flush. I did notice that the eclipse tanks brass pin is very short almost flush with the threading and the entire thread stem is shorter on it than my other tanks.

With that being said, is it possible to lengthen the brass pin in any way so that it mates better with my Vaporshark and MVP? It must be off by a short distance but enough to affect the performance. The eclipse tank does not have an adjustable pin BTW. See photo.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434525227.422551.jpg

VU Sponsors