Become a Patron!

sourion air

So i got this thing because my big bulky box mod is not practical to carry on the job with me .

So the pod I started with tasted funny (the one that came with it when i bought it), I waited around 20 minutes to let the juice soak an everything. It doesn't taste bad when i inhaled on it, but when I blew out, I wouldnt say bad, just like strong Nicotine actually (45mg) maybe.

So i go earlier, to vape shop, an got a new one, an the guy is like yeah the coils fried, (maybe he hustled me) an i filled it there with current juice as before, an waited 30 minutes to fire it . I'm getting the same effect (taste)

I looked at the coil, it doesn't look burnt, white an there's juice on it. So what's going on here. If it helps my juice is strawberry crunch by flavored house. 45mg .

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU.....:vino:

You didn't mention the PG/VG content of the juice. A juice with a high VG content "could" fry the coil, because it won't wick properly. Furthermore, you won't see any burnt markings on the outside of the coil, because it's wrapped in cotton. If you disassemble the coil, if it is burnt, the cotton on the inside touching the coil will show it's burnt.

Perhaps someone who actually has this pod will chime in to offer more info. I'm just stating a high VG juice will not wick fast enough using a pod-mod.

Welcome to VU.....:vino:

You didn't mention the PG/VG content of the juice. A juice with a high VG content "could" fry the coil, because it won't wick properly. Furthermore, you won't see any burnt markings on the outside of the coil, because it's wrapped in cotton. If you disassemble the coil, if it is burnt, the cotton on the inside touching the coil will show it's burnt.

Perhaps someone who actually has this pod will chime in to offer more info. I'm just stating a high VG juice will not wick fast enough using a pod-mod.

Thank you for welcoming me an 4.5% I think? Its the nicotine salts the kind recommend for pod mods. Could the high nicotine content be creating this taste . My box mod i usually only use 16mg. I'm kind of vape naive. My box mod is a reuleaux rx gen 3 wismec if that's how you say it lol . Aspire cleito 120 atomizer . Have very little problems with this thing an the atomizer last forever .

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure about the nic giving an off taste, I was under the assumption the nic salts were tasteless, but could be wrong. I have a couple bottles of 45mg strawberry flavor....it doesn't taste anything like strawberry, but sure cures any craving for a smoke, or even a vape...powerful stuff.

I'm not sure about the nic giving an off taste, I was under the assumption the nic salts were tasteless, but could be wrong. I have a couple bottles of 45mg strawberry flavor....it doesn't taste anything like strawberry, but sure cures any craving for a smoke, or even a vape...powerful stuff.

Ahhh okay thanks, im just really bummed, I bought this thing thinking it'd be good to carry around on job sites, because its smaller, I dont necessarily mind the taste, an hell i cant even determine if it's a "burnt taste" just thought it taste more like strawberry crunch, plus I just bought a new pod, did everything recommended an still getting the same taste result .

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahhh okay thanks, im just really bummed, I bought this thing thinking it'd be good to carry around on job sites, because its smaller, I dont necessarily mind the taste, an hell i cant even determine if it's a "burnt taste" just thought it taste more like strawberry crunch, plus I just bought a new pod, did everything recommended an still getting the same taste result .
Probably the juice.

Mine it's nothing to write home about, but it's the size of a book of matches, a hit here a hit there, no desire for another hit for awhile....thats damn strong nic.....:)

Probably the juice.

Mine it's nothing to write home about, but it's the size of a book of matches, a hit here a hit there, no desire for another hit for awhile....thats damn strong nic.....:)

Just had a friend hit, who owns one, an even said "taste good" an even said it's good juice an asked what kind . I guess I might just not be use to the high nicotine content salt juice yet . Or just overthinking it because my box mod is a lot better . What kind do you have?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have all kinds of mods and attys....but just use squonk setups. I bought the pod for travel...works good tho.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
That is a 70/30 VG/PG juice with a reasonably high nicotine content at 45mg. You should be able to run that in anything designed for nic salts (which your device is).

A 16 to 45 jump might be jacking with your taste buds and those salts are quite a bit different than the usual freebase nicotine. I know @Pegleg Meg had some dislike of salt nic that sounds something like your experience, she may be able to offer some guidance and @CrazyChef v2.0 appears to be diving into the little pod systems pretty deeply so he may very well be able to offer some as well. There is someone on this forum pretty well versed in nic salts, but do not recall who at the moment. It would be good to search around if they do not chime in.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU by the way. Hope you get sorted out.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Jvape711 and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

My carry for work is an iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini Tank although I switched to the SS Tank. USD PASS Thru charging so if it was a long day can still vape on the drive home.

upload_2018-7-15_7-5-57.jpeg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That is a 70/30 VG/PG juice with a reasonably high nicotine content at 45mg. You should be able to run that in anything designed for nic salts (which your device is).

A 16 to 45 jump might be jacking with your taste buds and those salts are quite a bit different than the usual freebase nicotine. I know @Pegleg Meg had some dislike of salt nic that sounds something like your experience, she may be able to offer some guidance and @CrazyChef v2.0 appears to be diving into the little pod systems pretty deeply so he may very well be able to offer some as well. There is someone on this forum pretty well versed in nic salts, but do not recall who at the moment. It would be good to search around if they do not chime in.

Negatory, I love nic salts. There is one brand of DIY nic salt base that makes me cough at very high % but it still tastes good.

I suggest trying a juice you know you like in the Suoron Air, and see if there is a taste difference between the Suorin and your Cleito. I bet it's the coils that taste like ass. Cotton and metal in some kinds of factory made coils just taste like robot butt.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Negatory, I love nic salts. There is one brand of DIY nic salt base that makes me cough at very high % but it still tastes good.

I suggest trying a juice you know you like in the Suoron Air, and see if there is a taste difference between the Suorin and your Cleito. I bet it's the coils that taste like ass. Cotton and metal in some kinds of factory made coils just taste like robot butt.

Sorry. Thought they disagreed with you.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sorry. Thought they disagreed with you.

I LOVE NIC SALTS :teehee: There, set the record straight

Nic salts is All I've used since like, February or something, in all my DIY, mostly 4mg mixes

Okay that does make sense. My charging station came for my 18650 batteries for my box mod today, so I'm very excited lol.

VU Sponsors