Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well you got that right.

I've been letting profanities fly for weeks now, every morning when I check the forum and see the latest group of 8,640 new junk posts that make it damn near impossible to find posts by actual contributing forum members.

If I never saw another crap post for the latest and greatest flippin Elfbar, it would be just fine with me.

Furthermore, I wouldn't spend a dime with the source of all those posts if they were THE LAST PEOPLE ON EARTH selling vape stuff.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It may seem like a awfully ridiculous reason to ignore someone, but when doing so stops their posts from showing up in my feed, so much the better. It's not like they contribute to discussions anyways. And I definitely won't be buying disposable trash. Much the same as all the B&M vape stores I won't go back to because the only vape stuff they sell are disposables. SMH

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can-Spam Act

IC 3

Unsolicited Commercial Emails

There are in place laws covering any and or all electronic communications. Some of those are federal, others being state enforceable. For example, here in WV, I could legally and lawfully bill up to $1,000 USD for each piece of spam. Doubtful I'd see anyone remit payment, though.

One trick I like doing is having the FTC's spam reporting
address handy as a contact. Get spam I think borders on being dangerous, forward it to the FTC, headers and all. Then I delete my spam too. That seems the most usual case, just delete it all.

Now, I could set up my own email server here at home. Just not been keen on the extra work that would entail. If I did, there's plenty of software handy to pretty much annihilate any damn spam.

Got EXIM 4 already installed as default for home server, not that I use it much. It spools any malicious "cracking" attempts at our network. I get to chuckle at script kiddies trying to root my server/dummy machine.

Belly laughs seeing my government working buddy try. I've owned him a few times over the years, just leaving a "Here" document. "Hi, tag you're it."

He knows it's me, I don't clear a certain ACL file. If I so desired, I would and go unnoticed. But, ... big BUT if I did that, it would step over the ethical, legal, lawful line. So I don't, not ever. Used to work as government employee, hm, still do.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors