Become a Patron!

Sony VTC5 $16

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a hard time handing my credit card info over to some website like that (tempting as it is). It may be worth spending an extra 5 or 10 bucks to hide your CC info from the vender behind paypal via ebay.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw a listing selling a vtc5 used for 29$. Is that what this has come to now. There are plenty of alternatives

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If You Check out his Box Mods and Mechs they are all Authentic and lots of High End Gear.[no clones that I could find] His Liquids are Name Brand. I do not see any difference to giving this Vender my credit Card info then any other online Vender I use. I think The US Military and Japanese Government would not be very kind to a Business committing Fraud on A US Military Base In Japan.

Last edited:

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If You Check out his Box Mods and Mechs they are all Authentic and lots of High End Gear.[no clones that I could find] His Liquids are Name Brand. I do not see any difference to giving this Vender my credit Card info then any other online Vender I use. I think The US Military and Japanese Government would not be very kind to a Business committing Fraud on A US Military Base In Japan.

I didn't mean that He is committing fraud, I apologize if it came across that way. Paypal is a great way for the vendor and his card processor to Not see your card information. Especially an offshore company. If your card info is not in his database, then there is no way it can get compromised. Goes for any online vender for that matter. I know CC companies classify tobacco and unfortunately e-juices as "high risk", and card companies charge the vendor more for whatever risk that is. Ebay is the company that doesn't allow nic based products on their site, and ebay owns Paypal. The Paypal policy may change shortly since ebay is spinning it off into a separate company mid 2015.

That said, these days with malware installed on Point of Sale terminals like Home Depot and Target, not much is safe anymore. I've never had a problem with Paypal, Amazon, or brick and mortar stores who's cc terminals are directly connected to the card processor's gateway.

I use a Capitol One card. That company has incredible algorithms for detecting compromises, such as my personal trends in purchasing. and which of the two security codes I use for what purchases. The more you spread your card info around online using the 3 digit cvv2 code, the more these algorithms get confused or expanded, and the harder it is for the card company to spot fraud. (according to capitol one)

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use Capitol ! also. Only time I did a overseas transaction it was declined. I had to call credit card company and authorize . Another card just sent me a warning that I had had a International transaction. Yes I trust Amazon and Paypal does have extra protections. I would have to Really want something like a Vape Gear Item only sold in Europe and that's not likely because of the High Price for most of that stuff. I almost ordered a Nice Genesis Blue Tongue Hybrid from New Zealand. It was about a year maybe more after its release and was 40% off 50% for a blem. But I have 1 hybrid Genny and decided to make do with that. The atty wicking set up was unique. But I can order the same style atty non hybrid from FastTech[clone] BTW My Last FastTech order they took my credit card directly.

Big LOL my cards are always close to maxed out lol

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got an email from Capitol One two days ago saying new cards are on the way since mine was compromised at Home Depot in the latest attack. I can only imagine how dysfunctional home depot and target IT departments could potentially be. The thing about companies like Paypal and Amazon is, both are IT based companies at their core.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I did read from a vender of batteries that Sony will re-open the battery factory again. I don't know if this is true, it's hard to tell what china is doing..
anyways I wouldn't buy those batteries for over 12 bucks.. "scare" mongering and false inflation are epidemic these days. A new battery will reign supreme shortly, you can bet on it and wait it out..

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I saw somewhere that Sony already has a new factory up and running. So the beloved vtc-series are going to be back on the market sometime in the near-ish future.

Also, after furious googling i found some company selling vtc4s 20$ a piece... Yeah right, like im going to pay that for a fucking battery. Keep your shit, or as we say in Finland "pidä tunkkis saatana".

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been having great luck with the LG HE2 2500mAh. I have a Sony VTC5 also, and can't tell any difference in performance between the two. Neither get warm, both seem to charge and discharge at the same rates. Running drippers at .6 ohms. The LG's are around 17 dollars for a pair.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You would see the difference in lower ohms.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The difference comes clear when you build something like 0.1 ohms. I have both, Sony and LG (efest rewrap) and performance between the two is almost identical. Sony starts to show its higher discharge potential at 0.2-0.1 ohms. Above that its pretty much the same.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The difference comes clear when you build something like 0.1 ohms. I have both, Sony and LG (efest rewrap) and performance between the two is almost identical. Sony starts to show its higher discharge potential at 0.2-0.1 ohms. Above that its pretty much the same.

You must be right. After vaping on two identical mechanical setups all day yesterday, both with .4 ohm builds, I still couldn't tell any difference. Since I'm not interested in vaping with an arc welder, the LG works great !.. Finding that .4 is too much for me as it is.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I saw somewhere that Sony already has a new factory up and running. So the beloved vtc-series are going to be back on the market sometime in the near-ish future.

Also, after furious googling i found some company selling vtc4s 20$ a piece... Yeah right, like im going to pay that for a fucking battery. Keep your shit, or as we say in Finland "pidä tunkkis saatana".
And now they are back. Just bought 4 brand new Sony VTC4's today, 8$/piece.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sony has a new plant in Singapore. The official line from Sony is that the 30amp 18650 batteries were never produced to be used in any other application save for circuit protected devices and systems. Furthermore, the batteries were meant to be used only in pairs....in battery packs...and not as singles. It would be my supposition that if they do in fact resume production...it will be a similar battery, but in a more application specific configuration...and the if they do continue with 30amp 18650's...it will be sold in a very restricted manner, and only to industry. Time will tell.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well... 26650 batteries have been taking giant leaps, so for those monster builds maybe i stick with those if Sonys are not available in the future.

VU Sponsors