Become a Patron!

Something to prevent dirty drip-tips ?

Vapekings & Vapequeens, is there a way somehow or an accessory available somewhere to avoid dust from accumulating inside the tip opening of my mod ?? I carry it around in my purse all the time and it gets disgusting after a while.. annoying...

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Clean your purse maybe?:p
No seriously Google Drip Tip Condom and you should be able to find what you need. Being serious now.

I was actually donated one of these ! Here's actually what i had but i lost it.. sniff sniff

Disposable_Drip_Tip_font_b_Condom_b.jpg_250x250.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I give my drip tips and good run under the facet once or twice a day just because of condensation

I rarely find dust or debris in them

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello and welcome to VU :wave:
I stand my gear up in one of the many pockets in my handbag/purse. The mobile/cell phone pocket is ideal most of the time.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was actually donated one of these ! Here's actually what i had but i lost it.. sniff sniff

Disposable_Drip_Tip_font_b_Condom_b.jpg_250x250.jpg
you could probably go to home depot and look at some plastic screws/plugs and just plug your drip tips.....look at the screws department,, possibly the plumbing department. down the road,, you might be able to make a decorative 'wine stopper' style one so you dont lose it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use the rubber caps from the Logic E-cigs to cap off mine which work good for the Nautilus Minis and the N-X.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello and welcome to VU :wave:
I stand my gear up in one of the many pockets in my handbag/purse. The mobile/cell phone pocket is ideal most of the time.

Exactly! I got this bag at Walmart, black canvas, called a "media bag" -- it's got 2 stretchy net pockets on each side (outside), which are the perfect size for a mod on one side, and my rescue inhaler in the other -- because I don't wanna be hunting around for either one! :D And it's even got an interior pocket where my tablet fits, and a snug outer pocket for my phone -- a media bag, indeed! :)

Andria

I bought one of these for my eGo AIO last week and it does a really good job so far ! I work as a carpenter and it does a really good job when it comes to carry my vape around on the jobsite. I'm looking forward to get another one for my other mod.

IMG_3117.jpg
Shut up and take my moneyyy :D ! Kidding.. Where did you get this one ? Looking good Adam.

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much :D !! I just bought a 10mm for my eGo AIO and a 12mm for my Kanger.
Hey, I don't usually use something on top to cover as I use a large tip for Goon, but I suffer from the dreaded purse issue as well. What I have found for a super quick clean up that does not affect plastic or leave a taste of any kind (and works great for SS and resin tips) is baby wipes. Unscented is preferable. But they work wonders on cleaning tips and mouthpieces. Taking it out and sink cleaning is always best, but my go to while I am out is baby wipes.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought one of these for my eGo AIO last week and it does a really good job so far ! I work as a carpenter and it does a really good job when it comes to carry my vape around on the jobsite. I'm looking forward to get another one for my other mod.

IMG_3117.jpg
Could you link where to get those?

EDIT ; OOPS OH NEVER MIND FOUND IT

Last edited:

Falconeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If you can't get the plugs you are after - here's what I use; it's a soft sunglasses case; it cost 1 Euro out of one of those "Everything for a Euro Shops" that are all over Spain, but you'd find something similar where you are I'm sure.

I was originally given one of those Vape Cases but I find it too big and bulky to fit in a pocket.

http://imgur.com/8Dg9q52

Just joined forum to share my solution to sucking up the dust and muck that accumulated in the drip tip.

I recently started using a camelbak bottle and loved the bite valve system that allows water to flow but seals up again once released.

I then had a eureka moment and decided to apply this technology to my iSub drip tip.

Purchased some spare bite valves off eBay, cut down to fit, inserted drip tip secured with silicone sealant and a few hours later I have a sealed bite controlled vape !!!!

Vape experience is actually improved as resistance is variable depending on bite.

It really works !!!!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Andy but I have to ask don't you get the taste of the silicone you used to secure it?

Welcome Andy but I have to ask don't you get the taste of the silicone you used to secure it?
Hi, great question, I must admit that it wasn't actually silicone. I now use a product called CT-1, where I previously used silicone, so sorry for confusion.

In answer to your question, I have not noticed any odour or taste from the sealant used (CT-1).

Hope that helps

Andy

captgreg

Member For 3 Years
I also use the baby wipes plus I found a small camera bag that holds 1 box mod a extra battery 10 ml btl eliquid and I can still put a tube mech mod broke down for a back up.

Wantboost

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where did u get that cap from ?

IMG_3117.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish they had more options for drip tip caps and also wish they had filters for the airflow holes/slots. Not a big deal indoors, I live in a rural area though. Nice to be able to vape outdoors without fighting things like mosquitos and gnats. Last thing I wanna do is suck one up and have it stuck to the coil like a damn bug zapper making my vape taste shitty.

I'm a little ocd and tend to check the drip tip whenever I've left my mod someplace for awhile. If I can't see down the tip to the coil I unscrew the tank or pop the cap and look at it first. No telling what may have crawled in there. I had a habit of doing that with my soda cups and straws as well. One day while working in an auto shop I grabbed my big gulp off the top of my tool box, looked down the straw and thought wtf. A spider had crawled into it and was like an inch or two down the friggin straw. Now when it comes to my drip tip I religiously inspect the thing lmao.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wish they had more options for drip tip caps and also wish they had filters for the airflow holes/slots. Not a big deal indoors, I live in a rural area though. Nice to be able to vape outdoors without fighting things like mosquitos and gnats. Last thing I wanna do is suck one up and have it stuck to the coil like a damn bug zapper making my vape taste shitty.

I'm a little ocd and tend to check the drip tip whenever I've left my mod someplace for awhile. If I can't see down the tip to the coil I unscrew the tank or pop the cap and look at it first. No telling what may have crawled in there. I had a habit of doing that with my soda cups and straws as well. One day while working in an auto shop I grabbed my big gulp off the top of my tool box, looked down the straw and thought wtf. A spider had crawled into it and was like an inch or two down the friggin straw. Now when it comes to my drip tip I religiously inspect the thing lmao.

Yuck. I don't think that's OCD at all, but well-earned paranoia! I'm thanking god all over again that vaping means I don't have to spend hours a day outdoors! Critters inside my house don't have much of a lifespan -- once seen, they are DEAD. ;)

Andria

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried that once outside. Put my mod in a gallon freezer bag. Then the sun shifted and started shining on it, thinned up the juice and half of it drained out of the tank. Not sure if the bag increased temps much or not, the mod was toasty though. Let it cool down before I used it again. :p

VU Sponsors