Become a Patron!

Some proof, at least in my case

JackB

Member For 3 Years
3 mos. ago I landed in the pulmonologist office with issues. He says, 60% function and COPD (emphysema & asthma). Quit smoking or you'll start draggin a tank around pretty soon and gave me a couple of inhalers.

Have only hit the inhalers about half as much as prescribed and haven't had a smoke in 68 days now.
Took about 3 weeks to step down from 39 year, 1.5-2+ PAD to 100% vaping.

Today, Lung function at 72-73% this morning all other numbers just as improved.

You know, there just might be something to "vaping" thing...........................................................

thumb.JPG

Carhauler71

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome to read this! I have a close friend who is in the same situation. She was a long time smoker as I, she was diagnosed with COPD 69% lung function. She started vaping in October. I started in December and just went 100% vape a week ago. Your post will give her some hope.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AWESOME!!!!
4_28_zpsjd32zsfy.gif

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
3 mos. ago I landed in the pulmonologist office with issues. He says, 60% function and COPD (emphysema & asthma). Quit smoking or you'll start draggin a tank around pretty soon and gave me a couple of inhalers.

Have only hit the inhalers about half as much as prescribed and haven't had a smoke in 68 days now.

You know, there just might be something to "vaping" thing...........................................................

View attachment 72005

You hit a home run!

Had one year vapersary last week after 37 years, 2.5 PAD - you can make it too!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 72005
Congrats, Jack....I smoked Marlboros for 40 yrs, been smoke free for almost 2.5 yrs.

Indeed, vaping works, and works well...:wave:

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[...] You know, there just might be something to "vaping" thing...........................................................

That is great news, jackB, and there is also something to the nicotine thing.

In 1966 a researcher named Khan showed that non-smokers were three times more likely to die of Parkinson's than smokers. Since then many researchers have shown that nicotine is a moderately addictive substance that protects brain cells. That protection is vital for people that were self-medicating with tobacco like we used to do.

Almost any source of nicotine will protect your brain but vaping is one of the cheapest sources of nicotine available today.

Happy vaping.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thanks - I'm always amazed with folks like @JackB who were able to quit right away with vaping.

As much as I loved it right out of the chute, it still took me over 2.5 years to quit completely :eek:

Took me two weeks to step down and then completely stop smoking. I set a date and just stopped, yes I had some rough days, but I was going to make vaping work no matter what, those cigarettes were not going to talk me into smoking again, I can be pretty stubborn!
Everyone does it their own way Lucy and bottom line is You Did It and you are celebrating not smoking for 1 year and you should be proud!
:cheers:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As much as I loved it right out of the chute, it still took me over 2.5 years to quit completely :eek:

You ought not feel too bad over that. I still at times even having a vape at hand bum a smoke now and again, yet not quite as often after vaping near two years now, or is nearer to three? Well it's been a bit anyway. *chuckles* I never track time, time is a silly man made idea, except for nature's time. :)

For all intents and purposes when asked, I do say I've quit smoking. Considering I do not smoke enough now to merit even saying I smoke .. um .. on tenth of of a pack per .. um ... month, yes I have, at least I feel so. I also genuinely do not drink yet do have a drink once a while. Presently as in recently within the last six months or so, enjoying a gift from another neighbor, apple pie flavored adult beverage. It's yummy but not something I would sit and drink all night long.

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had been smoking for 18 years. 2 years ago I switched to vaping completely. Last week I had a chest X-ray because I was concerned about "popcorn lungs" and wanted to know how my lungs look like now, after 2 years of vaping.

Result: completely clean lungs. Like I have never even smoked.

I need to get a scan. I vape caramel and nuts and I'm concerned about Cracker Jack lung. ;)

It's been 7 months for me and my recovery time when exercising has reduced tremendously.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Update.
Check up week before last, function up to 80% and off the hi blood med.

You know, there IS something to this "vaping" thing...........................................................

Now if I could find those eggs I hid at Easter!

:hug:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fucking Wankers!!! Just thinking about the assholes in the government.

We need to bring people like Jack who have documented histories before a congressional hearing, along with their medical files and doctors. Bring in a thousand of them. Then ask the opponents of vaping to bring in all the vapers who have developed problems from vaping, with case files.

Fucking assholes.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fucking Wankers!!! Just thinking about the assholes in the government.

We need to bring people like Jack who have documented histories before a congressional hearing, along with their medical files and doctors. Bring in a thousand of them. Then ask the opponents of vaping to bring in all the vapers who have developed problems from vaping, with case files.

Fucking assholes.

I agree, does sound like a smart way of doing it. Though I am assured
from practical common knowledge & experience that government would find
some way to either weasel out, or block any effort at true progress.
Need to consider big tobacco got off with a light slap on the wrist for
finding a chemical to add to nicotine which makes it hundreds of times
more addictive than coc*ine, or hero**.

Big tobacco would reign Hell on all to further secure its vested
interest in profits, ergo they would lobby with unlimited pockets
greasing unlimited palms. Government would of course be beholden to them
and none other. This ought be known by more than a petty few.

It is ultimately all a stacked deck and we get told those are the cards
we asked for by voting and participating. Well, I left the gaming table
a long time ago. You're beaten win or lose. That's no game for me.
Emphasises why I think we need to burn the whole system down and reset
it anew. Rotten from the core, through and through.

I'm just some dumb hick what don't know much of nothing and that's what
I see of it. You can add a pinch of salt if you like. :)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree, does sound like a smart way of doing it. Though I am assured
from practical common knowledge & experience that government would find
some way to either weasel out, or block any effort at true progress.
Need to consider big tobacco got off with a light slap on the wrist for
finding a chemical to add to nicotine which makes it hundreds of times
more addictive than EDITED BY MODERATOR.

Big tobacco would reign Hell on all to further secure its vested
interest in profits, ergo they would lobby with unlimited pockets
greasing unlimited palms. Government would of course be beholden to them
and none other. This ought be known by more than a petty few.

It is ultimately all a stacked deck and we get told those are the cards
we asked for by voting and participating. Well, I left the gaming table
a long time ago. You're beaten win or lose. That's no game for me.
Emphasises why I think we need to burn the whole system down and reset
it anew. Rotten from the core, through and through.

I'm just some dumb hick what don't know much of nothing and that's what
I see of it. You can add a pinch of salt if you like. :)

I agree. I've thought for many years we need to tear up the constitution and start all over again. A purge of Congress would be a good start.

VU Sponsors