Become a Patron!

Some issues with my Nautilus Mini?.

Hello,

So I'm new to vaping and I purchased the iTaste VV battery and the Nautilus Mini tank.

After two days of using this. The coil already burned out. There was a HEAVY charcoal taste that was really bad.

Before I started tasting the bad flavor however. I noticed it was gurgling very loudly. Now keep in mind also I had also taken the tank apart and cleaned it thoroughly to try to fix this.

Anyways, after I replaced the coil, it still tasted bad. So I cleaned it all with water again and the taste improved, but the very loud gurgling was still there and it still tastes bad... bearable, but bad. I have a feeling it's only gonna be a matter of a day before it's unbearable again.

Some things to keep in mind about this is I almost never had the power above 4.2 volts.

I've tried a few methods to prime it etc. like blowing into the vape without pressing the button. and viseversa.

thanks
iosman

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @iosman123 and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

What coils are you using in the Mini? What wattage are you firing them at?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Which itaste vv is it? If your wanting to turn it up that much you might want an entirely different set-up.
Sounds like it's not producing enough for you, so you turn it up past what the coils can handle.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You don't prime a coil by blowing INTO the vape without pressing the button. You prime a coil by putting liquid on it and allowing it to sit until the cotton is saturated. If you want to hurry it up, you cover the airflow holes and DRAW on the vape, to draw liquid up into the coil.

Nautilus coils usually only burn if (a) too much heat was applied, (b) coil was vaped dry, (c) coil was old and worn out, or (d) coil was bad to start with.

For gurgling: remove the atty from the mod. Get a paper towel. Raise the atty to your lips, cover the other end with a paper towel, raise the whole shebang up in the air, and blow. Excess liquid will be blown out of the atty onto the paper towel by way of the airflow slots (make sure the air is open). You may need to blow several times before you hear the airflow smooth out, but when this happens, it means the extra liquid is gone.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like it's not producing enough for you, so you turn it up past what the coils can handle.

Can agree, that is what it sounds like.

You don't prime a coil by blowing INTO the vape without pressing the button. You prime a coil by putting liquid on it and allowing it to sit until the cotton is saturated. If you want to hurry it up, you cover the airflow holes and DRAW on the vape, to draw liquid up into the coil.
Nautilus coils usually only burn if (a) too much heat was applied, (b) coil was vaped dry, (c) coil was old and worn out, or (d) coil was bad to start with.
For gurgling: remove the atty from the mod. Get a paper towel. Raise the atty to your lips, cover the other end with a paper towel, raise the whole shebang up in the air, and blow. Excess liquid will be blown out of the atty onto the paper towel by way of the airflow slots (make sure the air is open). You may need to blow several times before you hear the airflow smooth out, but when this happens, it means the extra liquid is gone.

And of course, Bright Eyes here is fully correct. :)

@iosman123 , You may want to consider a different mod. That is to say a different kind of battery part. I used to suggest Innoken MVP3 mods for quite a while. They were sturdy, good powered VV/VW mods. It has been a while though and so much has changed and stayed the same. I can suggest though you try looking to some kind of box style mod that has a high mAh ratting for an internal battery, or allows you swap out external batteries you can recharge. I think you'll notice a positive difference over the Istick battery you currently use. And I'm not knocking Istick gear, they do make some good stuff. Still, you seem to require "better" (or at least different) gear.

Last edited:
Hello,

So I'm new to vaping and I purchased the iTaste VV battery and the Nautilus Mini tank.

After two days of using this. The coil already burned out. There was a HEAVY charcoal taste that was really bad.

Before I started tasting the bad flavor however. I noticed it was gurgling very loudly. Now keep in mind also I had also taken the tank apart and cleaned it thoroughly to try to fix this.

Anyways, after I replaced the coil, it still tasted bad. So https://www.krogerfeedback.nl I cleaned it all with water again and the taste improved, but the very loud gurgling was still there and it still tastes bad... bearable, https://talktosonic.onl but bad. I have a feeling it's only gonna be a matter of a day before it's unbearable again.

Some things to keep in mind about this is I almost never had the power above 4.2 volts.

I've tried a few methods to prime it etc. like blowing into the vape without pressing the button. and viseversa.

thanks
iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.

VU Sponsors