Become a Patron!

Some help please!

markrugman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all,

Must admit I'm very impatient and could do with some help / knowing I'm on the right track.

My set up:

NIC from The Alchemists Lab (72mg, base is VG)
Normal PG / VG
Flavours all from FA (PG base), for now

I have mixed:

25% NIC (for 18mg), 25% VG, 46% PG and 4% Peppermint - steeping for 4days now - still clear and no taste to it

25% NIC, 25% VG, 40% PG and 6% Vanilla Custard / 4% Banana - steeping for 4 days now - still clear and not right smell / taste

25% NIC, 45% VG, 21% PG and 4% Blueberry - steeping for 5 days now - still clear and not right smell / taste

I add the NIC to bottle / then flavour / then PG & VG. Shake, leave to breathe 2 hours, shake again, leave on top shelf in cupboard...

Can anybody help, am I doing it right? Do I need to leave for longer? Why they not changed colour OR do they change colour suddenly after X days? Anything else that can help...

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markrugman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I meant Alchemist Cupboard*

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have three questions:
Are you trying them before steeping?
Why are you steeping them?
Why are you letting them breathe?

In regards to the color change, it depends on a few factors. Dark flavors produce a darker mix, and when nic is exposed to oxygen, it oxidizes and results in the color change. This also happens over time. Why do you want your mixes to change color? There's nothing wrong with a clear liquid.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vape all my FA stuff immediately. And love that they are clear. Some LSmoke brand crap sold at my gas station has so much food coloring in it. Every flavor looks like it "should".
Ditto on everything RP says. IMHO 0 reason to leave caps off or steep. Silly mythology created by nasty juice makers / Vapers to make up for poorly mixed or nasty ingredients that need to outgas or evaporate.

markrugman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have tried straight after mixing, tastes OK, after 15 minutes it loses any decent smell and taste.

Leave cap off to breathe for more oxygen intake.

And I steep because flavour has all gone / doesn't taste very nice at all after about 15 - 30 minutes after mixing / shaking...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suspect you're overthinking this! FA single flavors are fine immediately after mixing. Just give a quick shake (I mean quick - like a few seconds) and vape. If it isn't right then, add another drop of flavor, etc, until it tastes right to you. Too much flavor can also have the opposite affect, so be sure you start very low and work up. Are you just making little 5ml sample sizes? (Or smaller?)

Wait - you're talking about TFA, not FA ....some of those flavors need to be higher percentages, unlike FA which are more concentrated.

This might help:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=11

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes I was suspicious when I saw vanilla custard and blueberry as FA has bilberry and custard. FA is shake and vape for me but I don't use my TFA stuff but may some day if I tire of my FA. Need to retry my FA pineapple after a bad experience with cranberry tropical punch.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
With TFA flavors, most of my mixes contain 10+% flavor.

markrugman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is FA I'm using. Sorry, meant Black Cherry not blueberry. But they do have Vanilla Custard...

markrugman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm making 5ml samples.

BeZen Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all,

Must admit I'm very impatient and could do with some help / knowing I'm on the right track.

My set up:

NIC from The Alchemists Lab (72mg, base is VG)
Normal PG / VG
Flavours all from FA (PG base), for now

I have mixed:

25% NIC (for 18mg), 25% VG, 46% PG and 4% Peppermint - steeping for 4days now - still clear and no taste to it

25% NIC, 25% VG, 40% PG and 6% Vanilla Custard / 4% Banana - steeping for 4 days now - still clear and not right smell / taste

25% NIC, 45% VG, 21% PG and 4% Blueberry - steeping for 5 days now - still clear and not right smell / taste

I add the NIC to bottle / then flavour / then PG & VG. Shake, leave to breathe 2 hours, shake again, leave on top shelf in cupboard...

Can anybody help, am I doing it right? Do I need to leave for longer? Why they not changed colour OR do they change colour suddenly after X days? Anything else that can help...

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Hey Mark,

I have Juices that are 8 months old and are still clear! Most Juices don't change colors too much after steeping. Also FA flavors are a little bit different than most... Takes longer to steep . I use a vibrating heat steeper and after I make a few bottles I put them in Ziplocs and heat, motion steep for up to 8 hours.
You should go to a site that has several reviews of each flavors to help you with deciding what % is best for you. ecigexpress.com
check with their reviews of each flavor they have which is all the heavy hitters in the flavor world. Good Luck. Becky Z

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavor Art for me needs almost no steeping - probably because the percentages used are so low. A couple of days at most! If you don't like something after you've made it, though, it's not going to improve with steeping in my experience!

BeZen Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have personal experience with them but I do know there are some flavors that definitely need steeping to come together. I think peaches are one and a few tobacco flavors as well but I have only read about them on the flavors websites. Though like I said, I don't have personal experience with those flavors : )
BeZenVapes

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Many of FA flavors in my own experience as standalone are good with just a shake and vape. Some mixes that have several flavors combined might need only a couple days, but generally very good pretty quickly.

This was a pretty old thread, but if OP is using a really clean nic, I can see it staying fairly clear in a week's time. Especially with one or 2 flavors.

VU Sponsors