Become a Patron!

Some flavor help

BKvaper78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am just getting into DIY and love it but I am having a problem with strawberry flavoring. I have tried the following; FA - Strawberry, ripe strawberry TFA and strawberries and cream cap (all 4%-8%,range) they all have a funky flavor to me. I am looking for more of a strawberry milkshake/candied flavor strawberry. Any help would be great, this forum has been a great source of information on diying, thanks.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
first try the FA at a lower percentage like 2% High percentages of FA can distort the flavor since it is so concentrated.

You could try LA for more of a candied flavor though

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA is more of a realistic strawberry, and I agree with @Mattp169 - try it at 2% and work from there. But TFA Strawberry Ripe might be more up your alley - a little sweeter/candy-like. With that 8% isn't unreasonable, maybe add some sort of sweet cream to see where that takes you? I don't know what your inventory looks like, but I'd go with 8% Strawberry Ripe, 2% TFA Bavarian Cream, 2% TFA Malted Milk...

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just getting into DIY and love it but I am having a problem with strawberry flavoring. I have tried the following; FA - Strawberry, ripe strawberry TFA and strawberries and cream cap (all 4%-8%,range) they all have a funky flavor to me. I am looking for more of a strawberry milkshake/candied flavor strawberry. Any help would be great, this forum has been a great source of information on diying, thanks.
Have you tried them without nic? Sounds to me like something else is distorting the flavor.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If I drip a drop of Strawberry flavoring on my finger and taste it, it's yummy.
You can even put a drop on a teaspoon with Whipping Cream and mix it up to taste it.

But unfortunately when I vape Strawberry flavored juice it's just eww.

You could try going way down to 1-2%, and adding creams/vanillas/sweetener/etc.
Or mix with Kiwi, or Banana, etc.

Some people are just sensitive to certain flavors...
Don't get discouraged on the Strawberry, as many more flavors are great.

The Blueberry & Blackberry vapes taste better, for me, anyway.
And the Orange/Lemon/Lime (citrus types) work well for me too.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Capella's sweet strawberry is my favorite for the sweet, candy type flavor.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I am with @Teresa P on this one. I love Caps sweet strawberry. I have also used Caps sweet strawberry, TFA strawberry ripe and FA strawberry in a 2:1:1 ratio and found it very realistic and layered with flavors

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

BKvaper78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks everyone, Capella's sweet strawberry sounds like more of a candy flavor that I am looking for. It's not that the other strawberries are bad but its just not doing it for me. I will probably use them at 2-3% for more of an underlying flavor. Diying has been such a great experience.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if thats what flavor profile you are going for I bet inawera strawberry will change your life lol. let me grab you a link

BKvaper78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bull city vapors is a great vendor, as soon as Caps sweet strawberry is in stock I will place a order. I will order a few different strawberries and compare. I'm trying to recreate a mothers milk/unicorn milk recipe. There is a bunch of recipes out there but none that was good enough to make again.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
haha I just about got MM whooped. pretty easy Ill probably through it in the recipes or stash it in a thread somewhere pretty soon ;)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I finally tried it for the first time this week.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am looking for more of a strawberry milkshake/candied flavor strawberry. Any help would be great, this forum has been a great source of information on diying, thanks.
The flavor you are going for is probably going to require some development.
In the meantime while you are creating just the right combination to achieve this flavor profile...
Maybe try TFA Strawberries & Cream @ around 10% even consider using some EM or some TFA Cotton Candy at about 1-2%
Hope that helps!
P.S. I was chasing that flavor when I started DIY as well ;)

VU Sponsors