Become a Patron!

Sold Out

Pav

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I sold out. Long story not short I started with a simple no name vape pen. Moved up to Nemesis clone and Kanger Tech Mega tank. Then came the sub ohm coils. One of the first sub ohm coils at .5 ohms and a new world to me. I quickly spiraled down to a Fu carbon fiber and loutus v4 dual micros 28 GA kanthal 5 wrap at .5 ohms and it was sublime. I told my self mech all the way, rta's and tediously rebuilt and hand crafted coils. A few mods and tanks later and it still rings true. A simpl copper and UD goblin same build. Life was good. I dabbled in a mech box dual 18650 and a dripper. I played with new wires and coils. But ultimately in my happy place. Meanwhile as mechs died and Vv/vw devices and sub tanks came to be common place I felt a little elite. Anyone with money and a shop could walk out "chucking clouds brah". Then one day the thought of a new Kanger sub tank/box is something I could cheat with . I reasoned with my self, it has a RE buildable deck, it's to be more efficient with batteries, besides when was the last time I got something vape related. I folded and got it. I tried so hard to stay true to build it vape it. But one day I fell to the temptation that was cheap and easy coils. Always telling my self OK one coil the back to basics. Twas nothing more than an elaborate ruse. I eventually found my happy spot again with a TFV8 and Reuleaux Rx 2/3. And a nice little dual twisted coil set up. But all in all I feel like I sold out a little bought in to the simplicity of throw away hardware. Any one else feel the same? For me it was the 7 USD a pop for coils that made me remembered why I started to vape first off. My health and my wallet. And now here I sit puffing away on some twisted coils at .48 ohms and 77watts and a good middle ground. Can anyone relate?

tj99959

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sure it's easy to relate.
We find what we like, and no matter how hard we try, we never find anything that is any better.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried my luck with the coil making for about a week, nope it wasn't for me , I have an assortment of different tanks that take reg disposable coils and a few build deck tanks that I can throw on prebuilt coils and just add cotton....I am fine with that. My good place with a bit of variety:cool:

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For whatever reason, I'm okay with cleaning and rewicking. I can do that over and over for at least a month or three. But then the wire finally dies and I have to recoil it. Nah. Probably why I like the Isub Tank so much. The coils are rewickable. I can use one for 3 months. Toss it. Put in a new one and go. A pack lasts me over a year. Still have 3 coils in the last pack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't have the patience or skill to wrap my own "coil art", so I just pick up some nice pre-wrapped coils, pop 'em in and wick 'em. Easy even for me. I think the next generation of super-sub ohm tanks like the TFv12 etc have great performance with the ease of disposability. Its nice to have options..

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think a 5/6 wrap around a 3.5mm drill bit in any one of 5 rdta's or rba's beats a 5 pack of defective coils at 2am on a Sunday morning every time.

I went rebuildable.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wrap my own coils on occasion but for the most part just use pre wrapped coils from advanced vape supply. Considering how inexpensive but well made they are, it makes really easy. They do sell pre-claptoned wire which I also buy and use.
I've never actually done the whole thing with the drill.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For whatever reason, I'm okay with cleaning and rewicking. I can do that over and over for at least a month or three. But then the wire finally dies and I have to recoil it. Nah. Probably why I like the Isub Tank so much. The coils are rewickable. I can use one for 3 months. Toss it. Put in a new one and go. A pack lasts me over a year. Still have 3 coils in the last pack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I also like the isub tanks for rewicking. Have a few of them and different models all can use the same coil. Economical and decent performance. Being fairly new to vaping I have ordered an RTA as well as an RDA to try coil building and as a way to sample juice . How far the building goes we will see. Pretty sure I'll always have a few tanks that use premade coils for the convenience.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure it's easy to relate.
We find what we like, and no matter how hard we try, we never find anything that is any better.

Truer words were never spoken. I still can't find ANYTHING that even comes CLOSE to the vape of an Achilles.

Outstanding super-tight draw... check.
Super-saturated flavor and terrific TH... check.
Both the above means a SUPERLATIVE vape at 9-10 watts... check.
Holds 2.5ml and fills from the top, none of that asinine "vacuum" business of tanks... check.
Never ever leaks unless I get crazy filling it... check.
Builds as easy as a Kayfun, but even easier, since there's more room... check.
Super-light titanium doesn't break or corrode... check.

So... the most perfect atomizer EVER... and nobody sells it anymore. :facepalm: :mad: :facepalm: :headbang: :facepalm:

Andria

VU Sponsors