Become a Patron!

Socketing a DNA 30 board

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am in the process of building my first diy dna 30 mod, and have a ? I was looking at the dna 30 guide on the evolv site http://evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna30.pdf and it says this

"The mounting holes for the DNA 30D are .100” pitch and .040” diameter. It can be wired in
directly using soldered connections, or socketed with .1” hardware."

Has any one socketed their dna chip? And if so where do I buy .1 hardware? thanks in advance for any when who knows.

-Adam-

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think there's anything that would fit without adding a considerable amount of bulk. There are pin headers and sockets (or breadboard wires fit the pins also), but that's at least 1cm extra added to the thickness!

Those sockets may not be, and the breadboard wires are not, suitable for the currents involved anyway.

What is your goal?

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my goal was to not have to solder lol. I mean I was just wondering since evol themself mentions it on their site.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
my goal was to not have to solder lol. I mean I was just wondering since evol themself mentions it on their site.

Ah, well, I don't think you can get out of that! ;)

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think that's using the PCB header pins, but soldered at both ends, no socket. There's a couple of posts suggesting possible sockets, but they're looking for ones that would mount on a PCB.

VU Sponsors