Become a Patron!

SO many flavors NO ideas :(

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, i have a crazy amount of flavors but no ideas what I should put together. I have nearly all the popular ones. I like to use 12-20% total flavors in each mix but always under 3% or 4% of each (scared I'll run out of my favorites using so much, I guess) any ideas on how to get the creative "juices" flowing? HAHAHA, I kill me. >_<

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Check out the recipes here and see if they give you any ideas.

Also, as you say you have most of the popular flavours, use E-Liquid Recipes, search a flavour you want to use then click 'recipes that use this flavour' ( I think that's what it's called) tab. That will show you all the recipes on that site that use that particular flavour. Click to sort by rating and the most popular will be at the top. Great for finding popular recipes and for getting some ideas flowing!

Sometimes I like to find a recipe and use flavours from a totally different company.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use ELR for the calculator and there are some good recipes there. However, there is huge amount of fantastic recipes here. If you just made the ones by HIC and Squonk you'll have enough to keep you in clouds for a long, long time. There are quite a few good mixers here, you just have to go looking in the DIY Recipe forum. Find something that appeals to you and make 10ml at a time. Give it whatever time it needs, then vape it all. I've found many times now that at first a profile didn't really appeal to me but I'll go through 10-15ml of it and by the end I'm loving it. It's weird how it works.

You may think you have a lot of flavors but the rabbit hole here is very, very deep.
Rabbit Hole.jpg

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you're feeling like creating something on your own check out food and beverage magazines or websites. Something may tickle your fancy and get the brain cells to popping. I'm pretty sure HIC and others take this approach just looking at their recipes.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you're feeling like creating something on your own check out food and beverage magazines or websites.

As like....

• Allspice pairs well with: apples, beets, cabbage, caramel, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, ginger, juniper, mace, mustard, nuts, nutmeg, onions, pears, pumpkin, root vegetables, yams.
  • Almond pairs well with: apple, apricot, banana, caramel, cherry, coffee, fig, honey, orange, peach, pear, plum
  • Anice pairs well with: apples, beets, caramel, carrots, chocolate, citrus, cinnamon, coconut, coriander, cranberry, fennel, figs, fish, garlic, peaches, pomegranates, pumpkin
  • Apple pairs well with: caramel, cardamom, chestnut, cinnamon, cranberry, currant, ginger, hazelnut, mango, maple, rosemary, walnut
  • Apricot pairs well with: almond, black pepper, caramel, cardamom, ginger, hazelnut, honey, orange, peach, vanilla, plum
  • Asian Pear pairs well with: almond, apple, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, honey, macadamia, nutmeg, raisin, vanilla
  • Banana pairs well with: caramel, cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, ginger, hazelnut, honey, mango, molasses, papaya
  • Blackberry pairs well with: apricot, black pepper, cinnamon, citrus, hazelnut, lemon, other berries, peach, plum
  • Blood Orange pairs well with: almond, cardamom, chocolate, cinnamon, clove, fig, ginger, honey, other citrus
  • Blueberry pairs well with: other berries, cardamom, mango, lemon, hazelnut, ginger, fig, lavender, other citrus
  • Butternut Squash pairs well with: sage and rosemary, either of which can be used fresh or in dried form. The warm “pie spices” of nutmeg and ginger are a good match for butternut squash, both underlining and balancing its sweetness. For a savory approach, consider cumin. Chilies provide sweet-and-spicy flavor combination. The naturally sweet taste of butternut squash is enhanced when paired with fruit, such as fresh and dried apples, fresh pear, orange juice and dried cranberries.
  • Cardamom pairs well with: apples, bananas, beans, caramel, citrus fruit, coconut, ice creams, nuts, mango, allspice, almond, cardamom, chili, cinnamon, clove, coriander, cumin, curry, dates, fennel seed, ginger, mustard, paprika, pears, pepper, star anise, turmeric, saffron
  • Cherry pairs well with: apricot, black pepper, chocolate, citrus, nectarine, peach, plum, vanilla
  • Chestnut pairs well with: apple, caramel, chocolate, coffee, pear, vanilla
  • Chocolate pairs well with: oranges, nuts, Allspice, almond, aniseed, cinnamon, clove, curry leaf, fennel seed, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, mint, nutmeg, onion, vanilla
  • Cinnamon pairs well with: allspice, apples, bananas, cantaloupe, caraway, cardamom, clove, cacao, chilies, caramel, cauliflower, chocolate, corn, curries, coffee, coriander, cranberry, cumin, dates, figs, ginger, mint, nutmeg, grapes, oranges, peaches, pears, winter squash, star anise, sun-dried tomatoes, tamarind, turmeric, vanilla
  • Clove pairs well with: allspice, apples, beets, bay leaf, cakes, cardamom, cacao, carrots, chocolate, citrus, coriander, cumin, curry, fennel, ginger, mace, nutmeg, orange, peaches, pineapple, pumpkin, red cabbage, star anise, tamarind, turmeric,vanilla
  • Coconut pairs well with: Allspice, banana, basil, black pepper, Brazil nut, caramel, chocolate, citrus, cumin, curry leaf, garlic, ginger, guava, lemongrass, passionfruit, pineapple, sun-dried, tomato, turmeric, vanilla
  • Cranberry pairs well with: apple, chocolate, cinnamon, citrus, mango, mint, pear
  • Currants, Black and Red, pairs well with: cassis, chocolate, citrus
  • Elderberry pairs well with: apricot, fig, honey, lemon, mandarin, other berries, peach, plum
  • Fig pairs well with: almond, black pepper, cinnamon, citrus, hazelnut, pear, vanilla
  • Ginger pairs well with: allspice, almond, anise, apple, apricot, banana,basil, berries, Brazil nut, caramel, carrots, chives, chocolate, cilantro, cinnamon, citrus,cloves, coconut, coriander, cranberry, cumin, curry, dates, fennel, grape, hazelnut, passion fruit, peach, pear, pineapple, plum, nutmeg, onion, peaches, pears, pepper, pumpkin, raisins, turmeric, vanilla
  • Grape pairs well with: chocolate, citrus, fig, honey, ginger, raisin
  • Grapefruit pairs well with: basil, black pepper, caramel, citrus, mint, rosemary, thyme, tropical fruit, vanilla
  • Guava pairs well with: citrus, lime, coconut, huckleberry, kaffir leaf, pineapple, strawberry, tropical fruit
  • Hazelnut pairs well with: apple, apricot, banana, berries, caramel, cherry, chocolate, citrus, fig, mandarin, peach, pear, plum
  • Jicama pairs well with: acidic fruits and juices such as lime, lemon and orange juice. Red pepper and hot pepper sauce, avocado, cilantro, cucumber and grapefruit.
  • Kiwi pairs well with: apple, banana, berries, cherry, citrus, coconut, mango, tropical fruit
  • Lemon pairs well with: apricot, berries, black pepper, cardamom, cherry, citrus, ginger, nectarine, peach, plum, prickly pear, tropical fruit
  • Lime pairs well with: apple, berries, cherry, ginger, papaya, plum, strawberry, tropical fruit
  • Lychee pairs well with: citrus, ginger, gooseberry, tropical fruit, vanilla
  • Mandarin pairs well with: cardamom, cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, fig, ginger, nutmeg, tropical fruits, vanilla, star anise
  • Mango pairs well with: apple, banana, berries, caramel, citrus, coconut, melon, tropical fruits, vanilla, cinnamon
  • Melon pairs well with: berries, citrus, lemongrass, lemon verbena
  • Nutmeg pairs well with: allspice, asparagus, cabbage, cardamom, carrots, cinnamon, cloves, coffee, coriander, cranberries, cumin, ginger, mace, onion, peaches, pumpkin, thyme, vanilla
  • Orange pairs well with: almonds, basil, berries, brandy, cherry, chocolate, cilantro, cinnamon, coffee, cranberry, fig, ginger, grape, hazelnut, mint, nutmeg, persimmon, pineapple, vanilla
  • Pear pairs well with: almond, apple, caramel, chestnut, chocolate, cinnamon, citrus, ginger, hazelnut, vanilla, walnut
  • Pineapple pairs well with: basil, caramel, cilantro, coconut, macadamia, rosemary, tropical fruit
  • Plum pairs well with: almond, cinnamon, citrus, chestnut, black pepper, hazelnut, honey, vanilla
  • Pomegranate pairs well with: apple, citrus, cucumber, mint, tropical fruit
  • Prickly Pear pairs well with: citrus, lime, tomatillo, tropical fruit
  • Raspberry pairs well with: apricot, cinnamon, citrus, ginger, lemon, nectarine, other berries, peach, plum, rhubarb, thyme, vanilla
  • Rose water pairs well with: saffron, cardamom,jasmine, almonds, pistachios and coconuts.
  • Rosemary pairs well with: apples, asparagus, basil, citrus, cranberry, fennel, garlic, grains, mushrooms, marjoram, onion, oregano, parsley, thyme, tomatoes
  • Sesame pairs well with: citrus, garlic, ginger, thyme
  • Strawberry pairs well with: apple, black pepper, chocolate, citrus, coriander, mint, rhubarb, vanilla
  • Walnut pairs well with: apple, apricot, banana, caramel, chocolate, cinnamon, nectarine, peach, pear, plum, rum
  • ...From Nouveau Raw

iVapeDIY

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Creating an intermediate vision with parameters really helped me through the bewildering choices. Safety first. Getting away from analogs is supposed to be harm reduction, so flavors must not contain ...
  • Diacetyl (zero tolerance)
  • Acetyl Propionyl and Acetoin (as much as possible)
  • sugars (mutates at high temperatures)
  • Sucralose (mutates at 140F and higher temperatures)
Overtime, 'vapor tongue' or taste bud saturation will make any single juice boring or tasteless. Variety is key. I don't want to be swapping tanks (or coils/ wicks) for every distinct flavor, so I want a family of flavors that can transition from one to the other. As a coffee lover I want a set of flavors that involve coffee, custards, spices, liquors and various baked goods/ desserts that are sympathetic ... roughly a universe with around 20 flavors.

20 flavors will still results in 100s (if not 1000s of recipes), but at least combinations are not in the millions. You may want to try a family of fruit flavors and related ingredients. Hope this helps.
:drunk:

VU Sponsors