Become a Patron!

So...Issues.

resurgem

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am actually fairly new to the vaping scene, and I have had some major issues with my vape. Originally, I bought the Smok Stick V8 Big Baby. All was well for about a month, until the battery fried and went into safety mode...Or, so I was told. Now, I own a Kangertech KBOX-70 battery, and the issues ensued. I have had it for two weeks, using the old Smok tank, and I have went through about 6 coils in the last two weeks. I cannot seem to figure out the proper temperature setting for the coil, or even the wattage. Please help. I am nearly tired of dealing with the issues of this thing. I have now spent almost triple what I originally started with.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I cannot seem to figure out the proper temperature setting for the coil, or even the wattage
1st thing is you shouldn't be in TC mode. If indeed you are you need to get into VW. As far as what wattage to use that is up to you and what you like. On the coils there should be recommended wattages. Most time these are over rated, I would start lower. and go up until you find what works best for you. Did you prime your coils?

resurgem

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have no idea. I could just put it back into VW, but I don;t know what the proper temperature is supposed to be. I have my wattage set at 40.0, but the temperature is 200 degrees on Ni.

resurgem

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Initially, I wasn't priming and I figure that is what the issue was with the first three, but the last three were primed and left to sit for an hour, but now, they still go after no more than two days. Mind you, I do vape a lot. Like perpetually.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have no idea. I could just put it back into VW, but I don;t know what the proper temperature is supposed to be. I have my wattage set at 40.0, but the temperature is 200 degrees on Ni
Are you using a NI coil? If so don't put in VW. If your not using a NI coil you need to be in VW.

resurgem

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure, my KBOX has settings for both Ni and Ti. I am not sure which coil I have. I just know that it is a Smok Baby coil. Not sure what their coils are.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unless something has changed those are not for TC. IT has been a while that my BB got any use but you should be in VW. Then you adjust the watts to your liking. Start at 20W and keep raising until you hit your spot that you like. You also don't worry about temp in VW mode.

resurgem

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, but why am I going through so many coils? I only went through one my first month.

resurgem

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am at the bottom of the recommended wattage scale. And, still I am going through them ridiculously fast.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you are using a coil not meant for TC it will wreck you coil. . The only type that you can use in TC or VW is a SS coil. Coil life also depends on juice being used. I would start with getting in correct mode and go from there.
Coil life could be affected by juice used / watts and how much you vape.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
See how that goes, raise or lower your watts to your liking. Remember those are only recommendations. I think I was 10 watts lower than the coils I was using. It has been a while for that tank. There are a lot of people on here that use that tank so I am sure other will chime in soon.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1st thing is you shouldn't be in TC mode. If indeed you are you need to get into VW. As far as what wattage to use that is up to you and what you like. On the coils there should be recommended wattages. Most time these are over rated, I would start lower. and go up until you find what works best for you. Did you prime your coils?
This!! as far as I know there are no TC coils for the beast tanks.

also Kangers TC is quite iffy at best.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, is there anything that I can do to continue using BB coils without frying them?
Wattage mode only and as was stated start low on the wattage and work you way up. The higher the wattage the shorter the coil life. With any coil.

Also most seem to get a week or less out of the beast coils

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The big baby uses the same coils as a regular baby. As stated by others, be on the lower end of recommended. How many Mls of juice are you going through a day. I got rid of my baby beast and big baby beast because coil life is crap with alot of the juices i like (sweeter ones). I can tell you that for me... I used to vape the q2 .4ohm coils at 50w, but I could only vape about 20 - 30mls through it before it was all gummed up black and tasted burnt. Some flavors were worse than others, but 20-30 mls was about it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as the kt tank with ss coils.....i wouldn't recommend. DON'T USE YOUR MOD IN TEMP CONTROL . As stated before me, temp control is hardly useable on that mod, so it would be a waste to go buy a different tank and attempt to run tc. It won't work well, and I'm assuming since you said you vape perpetually, the issue is probably high sweetener juice and the quantity. No coils will work well if you are vaping as much as you say you do. Rather than a new kt tank, id recommend getting something you can build your own coils on. This way when you keep burning them up it won't cost you a fortune in coils to keep on vaping.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors