Become a Patron!

So I'm sick...for a very stupid reason

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yesterday I was feeling fine. All until I went to my cousin's new place after visiting my grandfather with dementia. (Which is a really bad disease..) and she says stop by! I just moved in! I go, get this, her daughter who's maybe 2 is red as a tomato in her arms and she's coughing without anything covering her mouth. She's two so I can't say she knows better. So she's coughing her brains out and she nearly puked. I got out of there ASAP. I get home, I cough so hard I was stunned for a good minute. I'm vaping ice berry from my local store, and they put a bit too much menthol in it but I honestly don't care since I have a sore throat and chest. I feel like I got hit by a train twice.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if that child has had the DTP vaccine (the P is "pertussis", whooping cough) -- most adults have had that vaccine since vaccination used to be required, instead the current BS of making them voluntary, but the immunity wears off after a while.

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow! Hope your better. That was quick on the steps of normal transmission. Carry a mask and hand sanitizer with you. I keep a bottle of cheap stuff in the car at all times and a extra mask. It helps break the chain.
The chain of infection is made up of six different links: pathogen, reservoir, portal of exit, means of transmission, portal of entry, and the new host. Each link has a unique role in the chain and each can be interrupted, or 'broken', through various means.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow! Hope your better. That was quick on the steps of normal transmission. Carry a mask and hand sanitizer with you. I keep a bottle of cheap stuff in the car at all times and a extra mask. It helps break the chain.
The chain of infection is made up of six different links: pathogen, reservoir, portal of exit, means of transmission, portal of entry, and the new host. Each link has a unique role in the chain and each can be interrupted, or 'broken', through various means.

And where does the immune system figure in? If you overuse that santizer stuff, you cripple your immune system, and you are helping to give rise to whole new generations of resistant bacteria.

Andria

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i'm pretty sure it takes 2-3 days to feel symptoms from air bourne illnesses. and where is the stupid reason? do you consider visiting your family stupid? that's messed up.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i'm pretty sure it takes 2-3 days to feel symptoms from air bourne illnesses. and where is the stupid reason? do you consider visiting your family stupid? that's messed up.
I didn't say once visiting my family was stupid. I said it was a stupid reason. The reason why it's stupid, is because if I had known my little cousin was sick, I'd never of came over. Instead I wasn't informed that she was sick. Hence why I was sick. But I'm feeling better now. So it's all alright.

VU Sponsors