Become a Patron!

Snowwolf 200 plus charging problem

Hello guys. I just bought a new mod thats snowwolf 200 plus. Last night the mod displayed v > 500mv this kind of things. I doesn't mind on that ans keep charged it until this morning. But then when i want to use it on this morning, it doesn't function and the mod can't be start. Whats the problem? Did i broke the chip inside or whatelse?

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I have no experience with the Snowwolf, but have experienced similar problems with other mods.
Trying to charge 2 18650s through a USB takes beefy electronics to begin with, and with some manufacturers, it seems the charger is where they cut corners.

If you just bought it, I'd take it back and see if it can be exchanged.
If that's not an option, you may need to get a battery charger and plug fresh batteries in it when you need them.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a selection of SnowWolf Mods. Even the manufacturer states not to use the built in charging unless absolutely necessary. You need to buy an external battery charger for 18650 batteries. Xtar VC4 and Nitecore D4 chargers are both good ones.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
A lot of times you can smell if those electronics are cooked. If you have a good nose smell around the charger port and see if it smells like burnt plastic.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have seen where battery condition and quality causes charging problems. You have not mentioned what batteries you are using or what charge state they are in when you are experiencing this problem. A little more info is required before I can try to help diagnosing the issue.

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I have seen where battery condition and quality causes charging problems. You have not mentioned what batteries you are using or what charge state they are in when you are experiencing this problem. A little more info is required before I can try to help diagnosing the issue.

True that - a lot of these batteries will only have a shelf life of between 3-5 years - even if they are never used.

They don't come with an expiration date on them, so there's no way to tell how old they really are, even when they're 'new' from the store.

Also, most 13650's are rated for only 300-500 charges.

So if you've had a pair for a year, and charged them once every day, they could be near the end of their life cycle.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors