Become a Patron!

SNOW WOLF 218 (CHECK BATTERY)

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I bought a SNOW WOLF 218 using 3x 18650 LG HG2, my problem is when my battery indicator reaches it's half life it shows CHECK BATTERY. My build is 0.3ohms @ 60watts, I have a spare unit Wismec 2/3, tried switching to that mod with the same tank and battery and I can fire it with no problem.

Is my unit defect? Do I need to switch battery to High Drain type like SONY VTC 5 as indicated on it's manual?

Thanks in adv.

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Heya,

that's a tricky one.

How old are the batteries?

You should be pulling around 14 amps, which the LG should be able to handle, but you will have quite a voltage drop.
Now it depends on what the cutoff of the Snowwolf is. The cutoff kicks in under load. If the cutoff of the Wismec is 0.2 lower, it will still fire when the Snowwolf won't.

Would it be possible for you to measure the resting volts of the battery when your Snowwolf shows "Check battery"? As in take them out and check what they have left.

You also might want to check if you have any preheat set up, which would increase the amp draw and might be a reason.

Thanks for the reply.

Batteries are more than a year old, however it is still working fine when I tried to use it on different MOD.
Also when I tried to fire again after seeing "check battery", the Watts and Voltage drops to 40 W and 3.xx V then fire it up again and it drops to 20W and somewhere 1.xx V. Not sure if Snow Wolf is really that choosy when it comes to battery type.

Unfortunately I am unable to check what's left on the battery when Snow Wolf prompts "check battery".

Sony VTC 5 battery is a high drain type, do you think it's worth a shot?

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
I'd go for the VTC5a and yes, worth a shot. Worst that could happen is that you end up with 3 more great batteries and the ability to up the watts if you ever wish to. :)
More than a year old could mean the batteries are already end of life, depending on usage.

Might also be the Mod itself, though, there's a huge amount of factors.

VU Sponsors